• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Peerless to be cut?

Don't be surprised if the Falcons cut WR Peerless Price this offseason. Price has not played up to the big contract the Falcons gave him when he was acquired from the Bills two years ago, and Price's attitude has not endeared him to teammates and coaches. There is a school of thought that says eliminating Price would be addition by subtraction. Cutting him would not come without a price, however. If the Falcons let him go after June 1, they would take cap hits of $1.7 million this season and $5.7 million in 2006. Cutting him before then would cost the team a whopping $7.4 million in cap space in 2005, or $3.8 million more than keeping him would cost. If the Falcons retain Price, he will have been saved by his contract. . .
    And to think, we got Willis for this guy.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

TD

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
        http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

One of TD's Great moves.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

in the remote chance he is cut lets bring him in as a 3rd WR.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

I'd take him back for the vet minimum.

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

I'd bring him back for the right price (no pun intended). The 'ol Alvin Harper Syndrome strikes again!

Any other June 1st cut possibilities out there that anybody knows of?

Jon

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                See my post in the Boston thread.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Maybe he'll go to Dallas to revive his career along with Bledsoe?
                  I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

that would be so funny to see him come back, and now he is 3rd string because he is not as good as evans.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• generalmills
                      • Sep 2003

I think Peerless was put into a horrible situation in Atlanta...
                      1. I do not think he is/was capable of being the dominant reciever on his own that the falcons seemed to think that he could be. Price is a great number 2 reciever who can play against the #2 corner on any team in the league but when he is left on his own..he becomes silent and cannot beat his man.
                      2. Vick does not throw the ball..Price was never really given a shot to catch 100 plus ball a year because that is just not the style of offense that the Falcons play when Vick is in the pocket.

I think that if Price can find himself in a better situation with a strong reciever on the other side of the field to compliment his abilities he will be able to put up the numbers that he did in buffalo. I can see him in a Vikes uniform next season with all the extra cash they seem to have around. He is a very good player and will probably make the Falcons look stupid again!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Or the Bears...

Jon

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          Maybe he'll go to Dallas to revive his career along with Bledsoe?

Bledsoe to Price always worked.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Romes

without a doubt, i loved him when he was in buffalo. everyone knew he could never be a #1 receiver...
                            "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I bet he'll go to the Cowboys if he's willing to take less money.

Comment

Working...
                              X