PDA

View Full Version : Holy shutdown corner batman

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Rolle signed with the Ravens.. jeez what a secondary!

Jeff1220
03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Ravens definitly don't lack on the D side. If Mason can help on O, this team will be scary again.

EDS
03-07-2005, 03:25 PM
Other then Reed (and obviously he a quantum leap ahead of what we have or what pretty much any team has) I like our secondary better.

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 03:30 PM
vincent was great at FS after coming back.. not saying he is better than reed as far as hitting.. but it remains to be seen if he is a step down in any other areas.. his first game at fs he had a sack, int, and fumble recovery.

EDS
03-07-2005, 03:32 PM
vincent was great at FS after coming back.. not saying he is better than reed as far as hitting.. but it remains to be seen if he is a step down in any other areas.. his first game at fs he had a sack, int, and fumble recovery.

I like Vincent alot, don't get me wrong, I just think Reed is the the best safety in the NFL and should have garnered defensive player of the year honors.

Mudflap1
03-07-2005, 03:42 PM
He WAS defensive player of the year, wasn't he?

Jon

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
He WAS defensive player of the year, wasn't he?

Jon

Yes, he was.

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
i agree.. reed is a beast.. he can do it all.. but there are a few safeties that are not far from him..

who is the ravens SS?

mcalister and rolle, w/ reed is pretty sick.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
i agree.. reed is a beast.. he can do it all.. but there are a few safeties that are not far from him..

who is the ravens SS?

mcalister and rolle, w/ reed is pretty sick.
Reed is a FS/SS.. Him and Demps play both safeties but most of the time you will see Reed playing SS.

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Reed is a FS/SS.. Him and Demps play both safeties but most of the time you will see Reed playing SS.

Exactly...they play their Safeties mostly interchangeable, but Demps is labeled as the FS.

Brad528
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Other then Reed (and obviously he a quantum leap ahead of what we have or what pretty much any team has) I like our secondary better.Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. With the addition of Rolle your Secondary is no where near the Ravens. Your secondary isnt even the best in the division let alone better then the Ravens

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 04:17 PM
It does look good for us acquiring Shelton, but if the Cards don't want Henry, what do we give them? It's possible Green might just cut Shelton if it comes down to it.I think they vastly overpayed for this guy. I have always thought he was overrated as a #1 but he will make an excellent #2 corner for the Ravens. I think he's better suited for #2 as opposed to the top corner.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Thats the funniest thing i have ever heard. With the addition of Rolle your Secondary is no where near the Ravens. Your secondary isnt even the best in the division let alone better then the Ravens
And who is better?

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 04:21 PM
And who is better?
Nobody touches our secondary if we get Ty Law. I really hope that happens. The Ravens secondary is the best right now but ours is certainly the best in the AFC East. The Miami secondary will lose Surtain and they have lost both of their safeties, New England lost Ty Law and acquired Duane Starks so they are pretty decent, and the Jets 2ndary stinks. Buffalo's is the best AFC East defensive backfield.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Nobody touches our secondary if we get Ty Law. I really hope that happens. The Ravens secondary is the best right now but ours is certainly the best in the AFC East. The Miami secondary will lose Surtain and they have lost both of their safeties, New England lost Ty Law and acquired Duane Starks so they are pretty decent, and the Jets 2ndary stinks. Buffalo's is the best AFC East defensive backfield.
I agree. I don't think our secondary is better then the Ravens. I think we are if we get Law but right now I don't think we are but I think we are clearly the best secondary in the AFC east. They have no safeties that touch us and Clements is better then either of there current CBs and if they lose Surtain there in even worse shape.

That post was funny Brad. Thanks for the laugh.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2005, 06:48 PM
I think they vastly overpayed for this guy.

Overpaid? He is a top level CB that took 2nd-level money. They didn't overpay, he is just good.

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Overpaid? He is a top level CB that took 2nd-level money. They didn't overpay, he is just good.
I agree. Compared to what other CBs got I think they got him at a good price.

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
I say he's overpaid because he is going to get 5 million dollars a year and he was injured most of last year ending up with 28 tackles and 1 pick. I have just never really been incredibly impressed with him as a #1 but he'll be a great #2.

Also, reports out of Kansas City are saying they were just about to sign him but he failed his physical and has a spinal condition. The Ravens could be in for a rude awakening.