PDA

View Full Version : Does this affect the Henry/Shelton deal?

Romes
03-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Cardinals | Hambrick Re-Signs - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13: 10 :09 -0800

The Arizona Cardinals announced they have re-signed RB Troy Hambrick to a two-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Hambrick is no where near the quality back that Henry is. This better not be their solution at RB...

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I still think they're looking at add a high-quality back in the draft. Hambrick will be their backup I'm sure.

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 03:47 PM
hambrick was emmits back up.. they need a new emmitt.. hopefully henry is still that guy.

mysticsoto
03-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I think this pretty much seals that they will go to the draft for a RB. Hambrick is to be the veteran backup that can teach him - although he's a crappy backup. Green is being stubborn and essentially saying "It's my way or no way"

Oh well...so much for that.

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I agree, but any potential market for Shelton is quickly evaporating.

kevinj22
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
I think that we are holding off on the Henry/Shelton deal because the Cards will probably release Shelton. D. Green announced his STARTING O Line and Shelton was not a part of it.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2005, 06:50 PM
It depends how they like the top QB's. Warner only signed a 1-year deal, so I would not be surprised to see them look hard at QB's with their top pick.

That said, I think Green wants to win right away. I think he takes one of the top RB in the draft. However, if he takes a QB than the Henry deal is still alive.

RockyTopBill
03-07-2005, 07:13 PM
I think TD is trying to wait out Green. The fact is that the Top 3 backs (Carnell, Ronnie, and Benson) will be gone in the 1st five picks and Denny has not got this through his thick skull yet. TD is just waiting him out.......I think the deal will be done at some point.

Mahdi
03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Now that the bears have signed LT Fred Miller, the Henry/Shelton deal is even more likely.

Bmax
03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Green is banking on one of the three being there. It really all depends on what the dolphins do.....I know ronnie brown and benson will be gone . But williams ? I say the bills have other teams in the mix for travis... Say the pantheres ! If i was carolina i would be interested .. Davis is old and beat up and foster is injury plauged...June 1st may be a big day for letting some of these guys go...The bills will probably wait and see how the draft is unfolding before dealing henry for the highest bidder...

As players disappear off teams draft boards the more likely they will be trying to secure a vet like henry ....Meanwhile the cards still will be trying to deal shelton. No way will green get a 1st day pick for shelton. He is more likely to get a 5th or 6th round pick.. Teams that could be interested are the saints, rams , and dolphins should be because their line was awful....Time will tell....

Go bills

Bmax

Meathead
03-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Hambrick's signing has no effect. He's an insurance policy and for stocking the special teams, nothing more.

Marcell Shipp has much more upside than Hambrick, which isn't saying a whole lot. Green isn't dumb enough to think that either could compete with Henry's value.

Finally, if Green intends to release Shelton he'd be a fool not to throw in a 4th or later rounder to get Henry. Bottom line: releasing Shelton simply ain't gonna happen. He'll be traded somewhere.