PDA

View Full Version : TD is playing this perfect

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Don't play poker with TD you'll never win. Now the Bears are out of the Shelton sweepstakes. Leaves basically us and maybe the Rams although they seem to be concentrating on CBs.

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
It looks like we'll get Shelton. The Cardinals don't want to keep him and if they trade him, they get a legit running back. Why would the Cards not make this deal? The only thing blocking them is Henry's agent who wants $$$. I don't blame Travis if he wants money because Lamont Jordan just got 27.5 million and Henry has proven a lot more than him. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Don't play poker with TD you'll never win. Now the Bears are out of the Shelton sweepstakes. Leaves basically us and maybe the Rams although they seem to be concentrating on CBs.

It does look good for us acquiring Shelton, but if the Cards don't want Henry, what do we give them?

It's possible Green might just cut Shelton if it comes down to it.

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2005, 04:15 PM
It does look good for us acquiring Shelton, but if the Cards don't want Henry, what do we give them?

It's possible Green might just cut Shelton if it comes down to it.
We might be able to get Shelton for a 3rd round pick. I'd rather they just take Henry so we can keep him out of the AFC. It's not of great concern that he stays out of the AFC but it would be better.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2005, 04:26 PM
No, let's wait for him to get cut and we'll pick him up. Then we can still deal Henry to somebody else and get something back, or else we get a quality backup for basically free for a year.

Italian Stallion
03-07-2005, 04:31 PM
If we wait for Shelton to get cut, that's stupid in my opinion.....We get him for a base salary of 3 mil for 4 years and NO SIGNING BONUS!!! (if we trade for him)

Even if he chooses to sign here when released, we will have to shell out more money....

We have already made some contact with some replacement backs, so just do the deal, get that salary and bring in atrain or Davenport

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 04:32 PM
i agree in principle..

but if we trade for him.. we also trade for his salary.. and i dont see ANY way we get shelton cheaper than 3 mill a year for 4 years.. that is a starting LT for 4 years at 12 million total.. that is peanuts.

that is worth giving up a draft pick if need be..

Tatonka
03-07-2005, 04:33 PM
If we wait for Shelton to get cut, that's stupid in my opinion.....We get him for a base salary of 3 mil for 4 years and NO SIGNING BONUS!!! (if we trade for him)

Even if he chooses to sign here when released, we will have to shell out more money....

We have already made some contact with some replacement backs, so just do the deal, get that salary and bring in atrain or Davenport

No, let's wait for him to get cut and we'll pick him up. Then we can still deal Henry to somebody else and get something back, or else we get a quality backup for basically free for a year.

:rofl:

we must have been typing that at the same time.

Italian Stallion
03-07-2005, 04:34 PM
:rofl:

we must have been typing that at the same time.

HAHA... yeah great minds always do think alike

DraftBoy
03-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Id rather deal a pick next year for Shelton since ARZ seems to have cooled on Henry and see who gets hurt in camp and pre-season to deal Henry (as bad as that may sound).

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:38 PM
I think Green is just playing coy on his interest in Henry. I think he wants him but doesn't like that TD is asking for a pick as well.

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 05:31 PM
I think Green is just playing coy on his interest in Henry. I think he wants him but doesn't like that TD is asking for a pick as well.
We have no idea that is the case. I'm more apt to beleive that the Cards are the ones playing coy here- for the longest time they were waiting for the Bears, Bucs, & Bills to get into a bidding war.

Now one is out, the other is up against the cap with bigger needs.

Bills have the time to wait.