• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Losman's rank in this year's draft

If J.P. was in this year's draft, where would you guys rank him?

I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but what the hell.

I'm not real sold on either QB in this year's draft, but their teams did have excellent years. Rodgers has the 'Tedford' label, while Smith doesn't have the strongest arm.

What do you guys think?

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Dicknoze69

I'm not real sold on either QB in this year's draft, but their teams did have excellent years. Rodgers has the 'Tedford' label, while Smith doesn't have the strongest arm.

What do you guys think?
    I'd rank JP #1. I agree with you, I'm not at all sold on Rodgers or Smith. I don't think either will be very good quarterbacks in the NFL. You certainly can't put Jason Campbell ahead of Losman. I'd say if Losman was out this year, he'd be the #1 pick in the whole draft quite possibly since Rodgers or Smith might be. Tom Donahoe did a great thing when he acquired him. He recognized that the draft class this year was weak so he gave up our 1st round pick to get a great young prospect in the form of Losman.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

What do you guys think?
      I think he would clearly be better then Rodgers and Smith as far as QB rankings. I would guess he would go #1 because thats what the 49ers seem to be looking at.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

it is tough not to say #1, and not come off as a homer.. but i really think he is a better prospect than both rodgers or smith..

his arm is just as strong.. he is faster and can scramble better than both.. his numbers are compairable, with much less talent around him.

makes TD look that much smarter.. and now instead of having a raw rookie qb coming in, we have a kid who has a year under his belt.. is not as overwhelmed by the basic fact that he is in the nfl, is rich.. has plenty of practice/training camp time.. and knows the playbook.

perfect.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I'll try to be objective and place him in the top 10

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

1 or 2. I really like Alex Smith and think he may be a hair better than JP due to his accuracy. They got comparable arm strength and bc JP's legs have yet to be proved effective in the NFL ill give the edge to Smith.

1. Smith
            2. Losman
            3. Rodger

Huge dropoff for me from 2 to 3.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• John from Hemet
              • Jul 2002

He would def be in the top 5
              The Polarbear

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                1 or 2. I really like Alex Smith and think he may be a hair better than JP due to his accuracy. They got comparable arm strength and bc JP's legs have yet to be proved effective in the NFL ill give the edge to Smith.

1. Smith
                2. Losman
                3. Rodger

Huge dropoff for me from 2 to 3.
                Agreed.

I don't know where people get Smith has a weak arm. Someone on the finheaven boards who played against Smith even said he's one of the smartest QBs he's played, and has great arm strength. Anyone whose watched him play can see his arm isn't weak at all.

BTW- Here's the Div I player on FH that posted about Smith.

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Romes
                  • Jul 2002

The thing you also have to consider is that if we didn't trade up for losman we would still now have the 20th pick in the draft.

No, QB of Losman's calliber is going to fall that far in this draft.

We would probably still have Bledsoe too because there is no way TD just cuts DB if he didn't have a confirmed option behind DB. Overall, great move last year trading up to get him. I'm not bothered at all that we don't have a 1st round pick.
                  Originally posted by paladin warrior
                  RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                    Agreed.

I don't know where people get Smith has a weak arm. Someone on the finheaven boards who played against Smith even said he's one of the smartest QBs he's played, and has great arm strength. Anyone whose watched him play can see his arm isn't weak at all.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=68525
                    I don't think he has a weak arm but I don't think he has a cannon either. But the main reason you have to question Smith is the offensive scheme that Meyer ran over there. Its similar to the Texas Tech offense. Thats why I would put Losman ahead of both of them and in my opinion its not even close.
                    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                      The thing you also have to consider is that if we didn't trade up for losman we would still now have the 20th pick in the draft.

We would probably still have Bledsoe too because there is no way TD just cuts DB if he didn't have a confirmed option behind DB. Overall, great move last year trading up to get him. I'm not bothered at all that we don't have a 1st round pick.
                      I agree. This was just a hypothetical that shows how good of a job TD did in nabbing J.P. (a top 5 talent this year IMO) and giving him a year in our system.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                        Agreed.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...ad.php?t=68525
                        I'll admit that I've never played against him, but everything I've read is that he has a good enough arm, but not a great one. He is definitely quite smart, but he may be a system QB.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          I don't think he has a weak arm but I don't think he has a cannon either. But the main reason you have to question Smith is the offensive scheme that Meyer ran over there. Its similar to the Texas Tech offense. Thats why I would put Losman ahead of both of them and in my opinion its not even close.
                          Do we always type the same things at the same time ?

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Do we always type the same things at the same time ?
                            Great minds think alike.

Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Romes

Great observation.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X