PDA

View Full Version : Lions sign 2 today....

Italian Stallion
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Does this mean they will be less willing to outbid us for DeMulling tomorrow?
Or will he not even bother going there at all, and hammer out a deal tonight with the Bills???

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:46 PM
The Lions are a weird team to me. They got a nice young team but there not there just yet but they bring in these vets.. the type of vets that make you think there 1 player away. Marion last year, Pollard this year, Ray Brown the year before.

Italian Stallion
03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Don't they have some decent guards? I know Woody is one and something tells me the other isnt that bad either...

Sportsuser101
03-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Don't they have some decent guards? I know Woody is one and something tells me the other isnt that bad either...
David Loverne and Matt Joyce were there other guards last year. They do need another guard although I think they need to prioritize and spend the money on McDougle.

Dozerdog
03-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Does this mean they will be less willing to outbid us for DeMulling tomorrow?
Or will he not even bother going there at all, and hammer out a deal tonight with the Bills???

TD doesn't outbid anybody.

However- it does limit the Lions in what they may toss at DeMulling

Marvelous
03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm sooo happy they signed Pollard.
I posted a huge breakdown in Miagi's thread" why havent we signed Pollard yet"
But i erased and i and got lazy. We are not 1 player away from winning so why the f#^k go with a old past his prime TE? good for us...:)

Ickybaluky
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
David Loverne and Matt Joyce were there other guards last year. They do need another guard although I think they need to prioritize and spend the money on McDougle.

McDougle is gone, they aren't trying to keep him.

Detriot wants to sign another OG. They were bidding hard for Marco Rivera, but he eneded up in Dallas. Reportedly, Detriot matched the $9M SB Dallas offered, but he chose Dallas because of the sales job Jones/Parcells did and the fact Texas has no state tax.

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 06:49 PM
I heard that Detroit is hard up for DeMulling, and if that doesn't work out, they want Dan Neil from the Flying Shanahans.

Jayhawk
03-07-2005, 08:30 PM
oh well, unless we get shelton we're going to suck

mysticsoto
03-08-2005, 08:05 AM
oh well, unless we get shelton we're going to suck
Why is Shelton all of a sudden considered a stud LT??? He's adequate. He's not awesome or Green wouldn't be letting him go so easily. He may also come cheap (which is why we were pursuing him) but he's not all of a sudden a pro-bowler like some people are trying to make him out to be. If we get him, great. But we have to do it the way TD is doing it, and play the waiting game. Now that Chicago is probably out of the running, Green has no other takers. Now he can take whatever offer we give him, or he can release Shelton and get nothing for him! Either way, TD and the Bills win!!!