• Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Shaun Alexander to Miami?

Interesting
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Carlton Bailey

If I was Miami I would pull the trigger on this. Shaun Alexander is an elite player and is the best value that they could possibly get for Surtain, plus they get to keep a first round pick even though it will be Seattle's instead of theirs.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Dumb move. If there wasn't a top RB in the draft then go for it. But why get a guy with high mileage on him like Alexander or Edge James when you could just draft the same thing with low mileage on hm?

RBs for the most part have 5-6 great years in them max. Both Edge and Alexander are on the backside of those stretches. Get a stud RB where they are if they want to go the RB route.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

A year ago we would have laughed that the Dolphins were interested in a RB. Its amazing how 1 player can set a franchise so far back. I would be so mad at Ricky Williams if I were a Fish fan.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Despite his stats, Shaun Alexander as a Fin doesn't scare me at all

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

Agreed. We kept him in check last time. He'd make the Phins a helluva lot better, though.
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              A year ago we would have laughed that the Dolphins were interested in a RB. Its amazing how 1 player can set a franchise so far back. I would be so mad at Ricky Williams if I were a Fish fan.
              No kidding...just ask Chambers84Phins...formerly known as Williams34Phins
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                Agreed. We kept him in check last time. He'd make the Phins a helluva lot better, though.
                Bring Alexander to Miami. You saw what we did to him in Seattle!
                Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  Dumb move. If there wasn't a top RB in the draft then go for it. But why get a guy with high mileage on him like Alexander or Edge James when you could just draft the same thing with low mileage on hm?

RBs for the most part have 5-6 great years in them max. Both Edge and Alexander are on the backside of those stretches. Get a stud RB where they are if they want to go the RB route.
                  Yep...they can easily get a top-notch RB in the 1st round, or they can gamble a little and wait a round or two to grab a RB while filling other holes. The first round isn't the only place to find a quality running back.

Alexander doesn't scare me much. He's a me-first guy who despite gaudy stats, never really overwhelms anyone. He does have a helluva nose of the endzone though.

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Feeley can start, but he's the kind of quarterback who needs stilts to clear the many hurdles presented in a division with three top-10 defenses: New England, Buffalo and the Jets, who might have more potential than any 'D' of the grouping.
                    I don't know how much more "potential" can you have than the #2 D in the league.

Comment

• Samphin1
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      I don't know how much more "potential" can you have than the #2 D in the league.

Yeah really. I would do it if it was a straight swap. Surtain for Alexander. Throwing in the #2 overall for a lte round first kills it in my mind. That #2 is valued higher than that. You might as well give it away unless you get at least a first AND a seocnd for it. Ideally, you should get two firsts for it ( be it this year or one this year and one the next ). I would also accept Surtian for their first rounder straight up as well. Then Miami can draft a stud RB and still have a first rounder to add depth anywhere they see fit.

As this current rumor stands though, no thank you.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                        NJ In The House
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                        Ricky who???

Time To Ski!

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
                          Ricky who???
                          When I was @ the Miami game one of the best parts was seeing how the fin fans customized their Ricky Shirts.

I saw one with Pot leafs all over it another that said Die Williams on the back... Funny stuff.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                            NJ In The House
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                            When I was @ the Miami game one of the best parts was seeing how the fin fans customized their Ricky Shirts.

I saw one with Pot leafs all over it another that said Die Williams on the back... Funny stuff.
                            Mine and my son's have not come out of the closet since! I keep hoping we will draft C. Williams and give him # 34 so I can wear it again!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Despite what the Bills did to him last year, Shaun Alexander is the man and would inevitably torch the Bills sometimes if we played them twice a year. You're crazy if you think any team can shut him down on a regular basis without losing the game elsewhere in the process.

Even so, with the Dolphins appearing to be at least another year away from completing their rebuilding I'd prefer they draft somebody if I were a Fish fan. Too many holes to fill and they should use this season and next to reload.

If they were as talented overall as the Bills then I'd probably go for it. Even highly drafted RB's can flop or take a season to develop. Alexander is a sure thing for the next couple years.
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X