PDA

View Full Version : Why did they not resign Marcus Price?

G. Host
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I have not heard anything about Marcus Price being sought by Bills or Marcus Price visiting other teams. I thought Marcus was solid if not spectacular and made an ideal 3rd tackle. Anybody here if Marcus is visiting other teams? I think the Bills do not think he can play entire season (same as Jennings) and he will cost too much as a backup.

Dicknoze69
03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I think it's a wait-and-see approach to Price. If another team comes at him with a decent offer, we probably let him walk and replace him with Gandy. If Price finds his options limited, we can re-sign him to a cheap deal in the future.

Either way, it's a win-win situation for the Bills.

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Exactly. Let Price shop his services, if a team is willing to over-pay, let them. If not, we get him for what he's worth, no more.

Meathead
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
If the coaches feel he's still got it having both him and Gandy give them the flexibility to perhaps carry one less lineman because they both play multiple positions.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2005, 07:32 AM
It could be a combination of McFarland developing into a decent backup, plus the plan to convert Peters to tackle. That, along with the signing of Gandy, may give us all the offensive tackles we need - except a starting LT, of course.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Don't wanna shake the tree too much, but does anybody else here think Marcus Price is good enough to start at LT? I personally do, but what the hell do I know.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Price is a good backup, and generally does a respectable job when pressed into service. While I don't see him as the full time starter, he is probably as good, or better, than any LT we have at present - although that isn't saying much.

I think the Bills are looking to do better, and will only re-sign him - cheap - if all of our other options fall through.

Drive 4 Five
03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
At least he was a valuable reserve evidenced by the fact that he performed admirably many times as Jennings was oft-injured. I think he is a valuable piece to the puzzle and while the Bills should not and will not over-pay to keep him, I sure would like to see him back in a Bills uni next year.

Spiderweb
03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
At least he was a valuable reserve evidenced by the fact that he performed admirably many times as Jennings was oft-injured. I think he is a valuable piece to the puzzle and while the Bills should not and will not over-pay to keep him, I sure would like to see him back in a Bills uni next year.

While Price seemed to do reasonably well at RT, I saw a completely different guy than some here when it came time for him to step in at LT. I felt he was inadequate at best (LT) and generally poor. He seems to have some knee issues or the like and he simple doesn't move well enough for LT. As a backup, he was OK, but he's no starter, not by a long shot.