PDA

View Full Version : Bryson's status after training camp.

HenryRules
08-02-2002, 10:41 AM
What do you think will be Bryson's situation with the team at the end of training camp?

I say he gets traded for a 4th.

ArcticWildMan
08-02-2002, 11:03 AM
I think we will sit and wait for training camp injuries to mount and trade him off for a draft pick to some team.

Mike in Syracuse
08-02-2002, 03:10 PM
That's the position he played at TN. He'd probably need to bulk up to withstand the NFL pounding but I think it could be a viable option. With Centers getting long in the tooth we could do a lot worse that having Henry and Bryson in the backfield at the same time.

HenryRules
08-02-2002, 03:25 PM
I think Ferguson will eventually replace what Centers brings to the team (he'll be on the practice squad this year) and Crosby is a solid enough backup for Centers for this year. Just like at HB, I see Bryson being the third FB on the team this year and I don't think he'll want to stick around next year when he's contract is up if he's a 3rd string player this year. Since people are offering us a decent value for him in a trade, I think it makes the most sense to accept it.

A1
08-02-2002, 06:49 PM
He has to be traded. We need picks and players and Bryson will be better off going to a team in need of a back. It is something that will give him the chance to shine in his career. There are a lot of people who work very hard in their lives never to get a shot.

John Doe
08-02-2002, 07:12 PM
Traded for a 4th or 5th rounder - unless two running backs go down.

BillC
08-02-2002, 07:18 PM
I'm thinking two things-

Spoon got hurt- out for the season with the Bicep tear: A trade to the Saints or Philly for a Backup middle LB?

OR

One of the 3 RBs we got (Morriss, Huntley, Henry) gets dinged for a few months. We keep him as a backup.

I just want the 3 best to make the team.... regardless of who!