X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

McNally's take on the offensive line.

I cannot speak to the reliability of this, but on the Buffalo Bills fan forum a poster claims to have attended a meeting at which Jim McNally was the guest speaker. If this is not made up, this is how McNally sees Buffalo's offensive line:

LT-Jason Peters - McNally calls him a "phenom." If he can't do it, Teague is the man.
    LG-Justin Bannan - the decision to move him to the O-line has been made and he will have a chance to start.
    C-Teague if Peters can handle LT, Tucker if Teague moves
    RG-Chris Villarreal
    RT-Mike Williams

Of course it is understood that free agency is not over with and the draft could also affect things, but this certainly would make things interesting. Bannan and Peters are both good enough athletes do do well in those positions. The question is how much they have to learn and how well they can learn it. If McNally can take two guys from different posiitions and put them on the same side of the line and mold it into an effective unit, he would have to be declared the greatest OL coach ever.

If Billszone software allows for it I'll try to post the link.

I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Has Thurm been over there again?

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

BB.com message boards < profootballtalk.com
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't like the idea of two converted players as starters, esp with the QB and RB both being young.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

Complete BS!
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

may as well try Bannan at O guard. He has'nt done squat for the defense

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

Obviously, Jason Peters is still raw as an NFL player, and even more so as an OT. However, Peters at LT does seem to make a lot of sense. The LT usually lines up against the smaller, quicker, speed-rusher DEs. Peters' quickness and athleticism, combine with his size, would make him a better fit to take on that type of defender than a slower, heavier tackle. And at 330, he wouoldn't be a smallish tackle.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                • Jul 2002

Gosh, I really want to like that, but I'm definitely not sold on 2 unproven players guarding our franchise QB.

Peters could do it athletically, but I sure hope he's pulling a J.P. and spending all winter in Buffalo.

God give me style and give me grace
                God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• regor
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                  Complete BS!

No it's not. I was at that meeting. Mcnally also said they are going to move Denny to TE, Thomas as our 3rd WR and Fletcher to FB

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

COUGH COUGH bull**** COUGH COUGH

Is there anything Jason Peters can't do?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by regor
                      No it's not. I was at that meeting. Mcnally also said they are going to move Denny to TE, Thomas as our 3rd WR and Fletcher to FB

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by regor
                        You da man. Thanks for all the inside info.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I don't like the idea of two converted players as starters, esp with the QB and RB both being young.
                          And on the left side, no less. I would be VERY surprised to see either Bannan or Peters starting this year, although Peters does seem to have phenomenal talent and could be a major factor in the not-too-distant future.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                            Next Question!
                            • Nov 2004

Lay off the hallucinogens guys...

The O-line is where games are won and lost, where championship teams are made. You can't go el-cheapo and sign crappy guys, or put guys in there that used to be tight ends, defensive players, etc. Especially at left tackle. You need blue-chip prospects, proven veterans, especially with a young, unproven quarterback.

I had a good laugh at this one...

Jon

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              And on the left side, no less. I would be VERY surprised to see either Bannan or Peters starting this year, although Peters does seem to have phenomenal talent and could be a major factor in the not-too-distant future.
                              Agreed- converting Peters to a lineman, even left tackle, is a distinct possibility, but it's a season-long project. I don't believe this info because I don't think McNally would leave the left side of a first-year starter in the hands of a guy who's never played O-line, but I do believe McNally can turn a guy like Peters into a good O-lineman.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X