PDA

View Full Version : I can still taste the bile after this one....

LouGrant
12-06-2002, 09:26 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/images/1206story_bills1_1.jpg

Buffalo's loss to New England in 1998 lingers worst

Bills have no fondness for Foxboro
By Sal Maiorana
Democrat and Chronicle

(December 6, 2002) —

ORCHARD PARK — There are a number of things that Buffalo Bills past and present will always remember about Foxboro Stadium, the former home of the New England Patriots that now serves as a parking lot next to gleaming Gillette Stadium.

“One memory I have of Foxboro, anybody who had to get their knees taped had to remove a ceiling panel in the trainers’ room because there wasn’t enough room with the low ceiling,” tight end Jay Riemersma said with a laugh. “We’d be up there looking at what they had in storage.”

...MORE.... (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/1206story1_bills.shtml)

Halbert
12-06-2002, 10:01 AM
One of the worst calls in the history of the NFL.

1. Out of bounds.
2. Short of the first down.
3. Give it to them anyway.

TedMock
12-06-2002, 10:06 AM
Never tasted bile........gross

SABURZFAN
12-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Never tasted bile........gross

you should try it.it usually taste better when it goes down the second time anyways.

Ebenezer
12-06-2002, 02:18 PM
wouldn't it be nice for some pay back this week?

WG
12-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Yeah it would, but unfortunately, a few calls aren't going to make up for 31 missing points. Performance will have to be a factor.

WG
12-06-2002, 06:57 PM
"But for the record, even Bledsoe wasn’t sad to see the old stadium meet the wrecking ball.

“I wanted to be the one that pushed the button to blow that place up,” Bledsoe said of his home for nine years. “That place was horrible. It rained in the training room, and if I spent too much time with the media after a game then I was taking a cold shower.

“The only thing that was good about the old Foxboro Stadium was on Sundays when you were on the field the fans were really close to you. That was cool, but the rest of it absolutely sucked.” "

LOL