PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills sign Rick Demulling...

Carlton Bailey
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
They should then draft OT Adam Terry from Syracuse. The guy is 6'8, 345 pounds and is projected as a 2nd rounder. He has a chance to be a great player. I didn't watch much Syracuse because I'm not a fan of theirs but I'm sure Cuse fans can elaborate on this guy because I hear great things.

thebuffalobills4
03-08-2005, 04:35 PM
:question:

Jan Reimers
03-08-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm an Orange season ticket holder and Terry is VERY good. Whether we sign Demulling (a guard) or not, we need a LT more than anything and - provided we don't get one in FA - Terry would be a great pick if he falls to us in the 2nd Round.

Tatonka
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
terry, baas, and peterson are 3 of my favorite lineman in this draft.. i dont think the first two will fall to us in the 2nd round.. but crazier things have happened

ScottLawrence
I would much rather have us get a LEFT Tackle in free agency rather then drafting a rookie to start for us at LT on opening day.

FINISH THE SHELTON DEAL!

We seem to be the only team bidding for him.

Sportsuser101
In the end my gut feeling says that Shelton will be at LT and DeMulling with be at LG.

Tatonka
03-08-2005, 05:54 PM
i posted this in another thread.. but...

another reason that teague is not the answer at LT is that his contract is nearly up.. by the time the line gels wiht him at LT (if that is possible, as i dont think he would be nearly as effective as he now is at center) he would be an aging free agent that we couldnt/wouldnt pay to keep and we would be in this spot all over again..

the only two options at LT are shelton or the draft.. that is of coarse unless someone else decides to cut a very good LT before training camp.. which is not very likely.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2005, 05:56 PM
In the end my gut feeling says that Shelton will be at LT and DeMulling with be at LG.
I'd love that. And then, as many posters would prefer, Tucker could play C - IF he can unseat Teague.

Sportsuser101
03-08-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd love that. And then, as many posters would prefer, Tucker could play C - IF he can unseat Teague.
Teague was 1 of the best centers in the league when he played the last 2 years (especially last year) believe it or not its true. I don't think he's going anywhere. McNally likes him a ton.

Jan Reimers
03-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Teague was 1 of the best centers in the league when he played the last 2 years (especially last year) believe it or not its true. I don't think he's going anywhere. McNally likes him a ton.
I agree with you. But a lot posters, for some reason, think he sucks.

Dicknoze69
03-08-2005, 06:42 PM
I agree with you. But a lot posters, for some reason, think he sucks.

Everyone needs a whipping boy

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I would love it if both OG and OT was filled in in FA. Then we could draft someone like alex smith (TE), if he fell to us.

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
MAYBE even Matt Jones, the prototype slash. (Sorta an oxymoron) He would be a great addition. He can play TE, WR, and QB.

http://www.hogcall.com/funstuff/
(Scroll down to matt jones at the combine)

The Spaz
03-08-2005, 07:14 PM
MAYBE even Matt Jones, the prototype slash. (Sorta an oxymoron) He would be a great addition. He can play TE, WR, and QB.

That one handed catch is amazing. :shocked:

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
That one handed catch is amazing. :shocked:

I know!

But the way he threw that CB off on the jam was almost just as good. :shocked:

We could use a guy like that.

The Spaz
03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
I know!

But the way he threw that CB off on the jam was almost just as good. :shocked:

We could use a guy like that.

Yeah there would be know doubt that if we drafted him he would play TE and it would be fun watching him.:up:

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
A TE that goes out wide frequently.

ScottLawrence
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM

As do I.

If not DeMulling at Guard, then Gandy.

But I feel Shelton will eventually come here its just a matter of time.

AZ has no trading partner other then us, and I assume TD is still interested.

Dozerdog
03-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I would love Adam Terry as our 2nd pick

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know if we can land him dozer. His stock is rising rapidly. I see him gone by at least the 5th pick in the 2nd.

BuffaloRanger
03-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Teague is not a good center. Bull rushes destroy him. He gets zero push at the point of attack. Bills RBs consistantly get hit in the backfield - right up the middle. He has trouble with shotgun snaps.

Just because a center doesn't give up sacks (they usually get blamed on the Guards) doesn't mean he is great.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2005, 10:10 PM

Sweet stuff, when is he expected to be drafted and as what?

hemi13
03-09-2005, 06:31 AM
For some reason we don't draft SU players. Can anyone tell me the last Orangemen we did draft.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adopt a Greyhound? Why would I want to adopt a bus?

Jan Reimers
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
For some reason we don't draft SU players. Can anyone tell me the last Orangemen we did draft.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adopt a Greyhound? Why would I want to adopt a bus?
You're right. We hardly ever draft S.U. players. Last one was Fred DeRiggi, a nose tackle, late in the 7th round in 1990. Fred didn't exactly become a star.

But as a bigtime 'Cuse fan, I'd like to see us take more Orange players.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Oh, Hemi. . . You'll probably consider me a grumpy old fart - and maybe I am - but if you knew the plight of ex-racing greyhounds, or if you had ever adopted one of these loving, beautiful dogs, you might not be quite so flippant about making fun of my signature.

Tatonka
03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh, Hemi. . . You'll probably consider me a grumpy old fart - and maybe I am - but if you knew the plight of ex-racing greyhounds, or if you had ever adopted one of these loving, beautiful dogs, you might not be quite so flippant about making fun of my signature.

the girl i dated before i my wife.. her parents adopted 2 greyhounds.. they both seemed like good dogs, but a little high strung for my taste.

they used to sleep on the bed with her parents at night.

one night, her father apparently rolled over on one of them, and the dog must have been pretty startled. the dog bit her father in the face. 30 something stitches later, they put him down, and gave the other one up.

i always thought it was sad.. i have a rot and a dane.. and i love them like children.. i dont know what i would do in that spot.. but i also cant imagine either ever doing that under any possible circumstances.

BuffaloRanger
03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
That guy was an idiot. Dogs are still animals. If you startle an animal out of it's sleep and it feels threatened it might bite you.

If he made his dogs sleep on the floor he'd still have a prettier face and 2 dogs.

In the interest of regionalism why don't the Bills select more SU players? I'm not saying select a bum just because he is from SU, but is one late round pick 15 years ago a good way to build interest in the Syracuse area?

Sportsuser101
03-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Teague is not a good center. Bull rushes destroy him. He gets zero push at the point of attack. Bills RBs consistantly get hit in the backfield - right up the middle. He has trouble with shotgun snaps.

Just because a center doesn't give up sacks (they usually get blamed on the Guards) doesn't mean he is great.
Teague is a good center and it has been proven by facts. He doesn't give up sacks and he doesn't make penalties (2/4 of a job of a center) better then Birk, Kreutz, Mawae & Bentley.. 4 of the top centers in the league. Last year he really played well with the running game. He pulls well and takes the right angles on sweeps and tosses. His 1 weakness is snaps but you can also give some blame to Bledsoe on the few that I remember.

Like I said earlier if you say a player isn't good long enough sooner or later you start believing it no matter how much he has proved that is a good player.

I've talked entirely too much about kickers and centers this week.

Mr. Cynical
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Agreed. He is average at best and if this line is to get to the next level he should be replaced, either via FA or draft.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
the girl i dated before i my wife.. her parents adopted 2 greyhounds.. they both seemed like good dogs, but a little high strung for my taste.

they used to sleep on the bed with her parents at night.

one night, her father apparently rolled over on one of them, and the dog must have been pretty startled. the dog bit her father in the face. 30 something stitches later, they put him down, and gave the other one up.

i always thought it was sad.. i have a rot and a dane.. and i love them like children.. i dont know what i would do in that spot.. but i also cant imagine either ever doing that under any possible circumstances.
Their greyhounds must have been unusual - or maybe they were. We've had 6 since early 1993 and everyone has been docile, quiet, loving and very well mannered. None has been high strung and, in fact, they are known as "40 mile per hour couch potatoes." Our greyhounds have always slept with us, and the only "problem" we have is they like to get close and snuggle up to you.

We know lots of people who have adopted one or more greyhounds and have never had a problem. Most people, once they get their first one, won't ever have any other dog but a greyhound.

Could be they just got a bad one, which can happen with any breed.