X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Mike Tice about to get the boot?

a guy on the footballguys messageboard is reporting that mike tice is on his way out the door. apparently he is a vikings homer, and has some tie to a viking beat reporter.. anyways.. it is speculation/rumor at this point.. but.. then this news broke to... and all this after espn played the mccombs interview where he admitted he almost fired tice to motivate randy moss (which was so ridiculous imho)... but anyways...

check this story out.. tice is being investigated for superbowl ticket scalping and it looks like there could be some fallout from this... so maybe the rumor is not off base.. who knows..

just more interesting offseason news..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Id bring him here in a second to try and help the DL along maybe as a special asst head coach. I love the guys fire!
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he is a former OL coach.. not DL.. i dont think mcnally needs the scalpers help...
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• honey
        • Aug 2002

He also played for the Vikings way back when....actually, I don't think it was all THAT long ago....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

The whole Viking franchise is a Joke-

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            he is a former OL coach.. not DL.. i dont think mcnally needs the scalpers help...

O's and D's look very similar after studying for 5 hours, gimmed a break.....
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

They won't fire him before the season. I could see them firing him into the season if they start 0-3 or something. As of now, it's too late to make a coaching change. They won't need to since the Vikes fixed their defense by adding Nap Harris, Pat Williams, and Fred Smoot. Their offense will still be solid as long as they draft Bray Edwards or Mike Williams.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

McCombs is itching to get rid of this guy. If this hurts the resale value of the team- Tice will be thrown under the bus

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jan 2004

Wait a minute here I thought the Vikings have a new owner McCombs sold the team!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    a guy on the footballguys messageboard is reporting that mike tice is on his way out the door. apparently he is a vikings homer, and has some tie to a viking beat reporter.. anyways.. it is speculation/rumor at this point.. but.. then this news broke to... and all this after espn played the mccombs interview where he admitted he almost fired tice to motivate randy moss (which was so ridiculous imho)... but anyways...

check this story out.. tice is being investigated for superbowl ticket scalping and it looks like there could be some fallout from this... so maybe the rumor is not off base.. who knows..

just more interesting offseason news..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ice/index.html
                    I bet they blame it all on Randy Moss.

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

More Tice Info.

Report: NFL security looking at Tice handling of Super Bowl tickets
                      March 8, 2005

Yahoo Sports
                      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Wait a minute here I thought the Vikings have a new owner McCombs sold the team!
                        An agreement has been reached. THe new owner has to come up with the funds, I think by sometime this summer. Yeah the team is as good as sold.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i have always disliked tice. he's a meat head who can't motivate his players. he doesn't have any touch. he doesn't get the most out of people. he placates the superstars, the stars then get lazy cause they can have their way and the rest of the team morale goes down. i don't care if he is the cheapest head coach at$1MM; its $1MM too much.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I think the best thing for Minnesota to do is start over fresh. When the new owner takes complete control, he should clean house and start fresh.

Comment

Working...
                            X