PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Peters mentioned as LDE?

BuffaloRanger
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
I know he's been mentioned for just about every position already. But seriously. Why is he such a better candidate for O-line than LDE?

He's huge and pretty fast for a DE.

He's not the smartest guy. DEs do not need the smarts that an OT needs.

Just wondering.

Anyone else think he'd make a better DE than OT?

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Anyone else think a Wonderlic score of 5 (was it?) can barely manage one position and not 4.5? Lol, lets see, he's big, fat, somewhat fast, strong, and stupid. I think he could be our next starting DE/OL/TE/FB/gatorade boy.

TigerJ
03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm not a coach and I don't know, but the Bills seem set on making him an OT.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Is he really that dumb? You guys make him out to be a freaking box of rocks or something.

Didn't McGahee score like a 8 on the Wonderlic? :huh:

SoCalBillsFan
03-09-2005, 01:27 AM
He should be the third WR.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Seriously, Jason Peters is so good we should put him at tackle, backup running back, DE, and backup safety. There was a reason he was drafted so high, make him earn his pay.

From all the reports it looks like he is the next tackle so that is easy.

He is big and fast so he can easily play running back.

DE, what a great idea.

Safety. He is big and fast so he can play safety.

Oh yeah, he can still play tight end on every third play.

Stewie
03-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Guys come on. We should be using him to help manage the cap!

Can we call the guy who made dolly and just have him cloned? We could have twenty-two 300lb+ dumbasses as our starters. Then we'd never lose!

jamze132
03-09-2005, 10:21 AM
I reallt think his best position could be DE or DT. He's so big, strong, and fast. He would create so many mismatches and would start getting double teamed. It doesn't matter that his Wonderlic score is 9. All you have to do is tell him to kill the guy with the ball.

BuffaloRanger
03-09-2005, 10:33 AM
As I thought, some guys would run with the "let's make him our kicker" jokes. Very funny.

He didn't make the team last season - picked up later for the Practice Squad, because he couldn't learn the playbook.

My point is that wouldn't it be easier to tell him "wait for the ball to be snapped and tackle the guy with the ball." rather than him having to learn complex blocking assignments on the Oline?

Basically, is he an OT prospect because our Oline sucks worse than our Dline?

ShadowHawk7
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
In all seriousness now, McNally and co. will bring out the best in Peters, and assign him to his most apt position.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2005, 12:42 PM
All you have to do is tell him to kill the guy with the ball.
LOL Kinda like that crazy marine guy in The Replacements.

mysticsoto
03-09-2005, 01:57 PM
As I thought, some guys would run with the "let's make him our kicker" jokes. Very funny.

He didn't make the team last season - picked up later for the Practice Squad, because he couldn't learn the playbook.

My point is that wouldn't it be easier to tell him "wait for the ball to be snapped and tackle the guy with the ball." rather than him having to learn complex blocking assignments on the Oline?

Basically, is he an OT prospect because our Oline sucks worse than our Dline?
That sounds like a good idea, but you do have to understand plays also for defense. Otherwise you get caught in over-aggressive situations in plays such as reverses, draw plays, middle screens, etc.

I have confidence that...if anyone can teach him blocking techniques to be a good O-lineman, it is McNally.

Jan Reimers
03-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Hell, maybe Peters ought to run for Erie County Executive. He couldn't be any dumber than Giambra.