PDA

View Full Version : Bills QB has a Kelly swagger

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-09-2005, 12:02 AM
A television promo running in the Buffalo area shows Jim Kelly and J.P. Losman, both decked out in Bills jerseys, walking across a football field together.

The ad, a spot for Kelly's football camp, is a snapshot of Buffalo quarterbacks past and present: Kelly, the scrappy Hall of Famer, and Losman, who hopes to follow in the footsteps of the Bills' famous No. 12.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2005/03/08/953916.html

Bill Brasky
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
A television promo running in the Buffalo area shows Jim Kelly and J.P. Losman, both decked out in Bills jerseys, walking across a football field together.

:limp: :limp: :limp:

How cute

SabreEleven
03-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Maybe he is trying to talk Kelly into letting him go to the camp so he can learn a few things.

jamze132
03-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah I think that Kelly and Losman make a cute couple oin screen together.

Mr. Cynical
03-09-2005, 12:14 PM
I think it's a great article and a great idea. Drew failed miserably to follow Kelly and I think in addition to his lack of skills, some of it had to do with his lack of swagger. Granted he played hard, etc....but he didn't exude confidence or the swagger of a true leader. Hopefully JP has this.

Some of my favorite lines in the article:

The Bills have been thrilled with the work ethic of the 2004 first-round pick out of Tulane. Losman, who broke his leg during training camp last summer, has pumped iron and reviewed tape at the team's headquarters since Feb. 8.
Asked what his biggest challenge will be, Losman didn't hesitate.

"Earning the respect of my teammates," he said. "It all starts with the team.

"I'm a confident guy. I've been a starting quarterback all my life but this is a different situation. It's the first time I have to lead a group of guys who are much older than I am."Oh, and this is a gem:

"I never felt in my conversations with Drew that he would be comfortable here or anywhere as a backup," Donahoe said.I knew he would never be a backup if he had the choice, and if forced it would have led to a problem. Now we know TD never had any intentions of keeping him here after '04. It's just a shame he didn't do this after '03 but what's done is done. JP is the man. :D