PDA

View Full Version : Who the "Experts" think will make the post-season

WCoastFin
12-06-2002, 11:17 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/question/week14.html

:mex:

Novacane
12-06-2002, 11:57 AM
From the same "experts" who all said Miami would whip the Bills last week! Don't bet the house on what these brainiacs say!

Dolphinatic
12-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Of course, anything can happen in one game, but your boys need all four for any real chance at the playoffs. So it's not much of a stretch not to pick them for post-season.

On another note, I'm delighted to see that you love Ray Freakin' Lucas, since we are prepared to let you have him for next year. As he already has plenty of experience throwing to your team, he should fit in very quickly.

vmark11
12-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
From the same "experts" who all said Miami would whip the Bills last week! Don't bet the house on what these brainiacs say!

Actually 6 out of the 8 guys picked the Bills last week. Meril Hodge and Mark Schlereth were the only guys who screwed up if I recall.

Cntrygal
12-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
On another note, I'm delighted to see that you love Ray Freakin' Lucas, since we are prepared to let you have him for next year. As he already has plenty of experience throwing to your team, he should fit in very quickly.

:lol:

WCoastFin
12-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

...sorry to bust your bubble, but only 2 guys picked the Dolphins to win last week...it could be 3 Im not sure.

WG
12-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Of course, anything can happen in one game, but your boys need all four for any real chance at the playoffs. So it's not much of a stretch not to pick them for post-season.

Indeed! Nate Clements is his favorite WR target. Only Williams (RB) and McMichael (TE) have more receptions from him in the two games.

:D

RedEyE
12-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Buffalo plays better as an underdog

WG
12-06-2002, 06:49 PM
"NFC: Eagles, Packers, Bucs, 49ers, Falcons, Saints"

Gee! They all had the exact same thing. Really steppin' out there since it's pretty much all set. :yawn:

AFC, I'll say:

Pats Div.
Pittsburgh Div.
Indy Div.
S.D. Div.

Oakland WC
Tenn. WC

RedEyE
12-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Me:
AFC

Patriots ~ Squeeking in week 17
Pittsburgh ~ No losses in the division
Titans ~ Easier schedule then Indy in the last 4 weeks
Oakland ~ Gannon's O-line is nothing short of amazing

Wild Cards:
*San Diego
*Indy

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Having seen every pats game this year, there is no way they make the playoffs with the current state of the run "D" they still have a healty C-Mart, Travis Henry, Ricky,and Eddie George on their plate, i can only see them walking away with 2 of these games tops.

clumping platelets
12-07-2002, 01:22 AM
Bills can lose to Green Bay and make it. Miami will lose 2 of their remaining games: Oakland and NE.

Bills must win this weekend and have NE lose to Tenn and NYJ and beat Miami the last week

NYJ: Lose to Denver this week and Green Bay the last weekend and they can beat Chicago and NE

That would make the AFC East

Bills 9-7
Fins 9-7
Pats 8-8
Jets 8-8

Bills win because of tiebreaker: It's called a SWEEP!!

It can happen! :)

WG
12-07-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Having seen every pats game this year, there is no way they make the playoffs with the current state of the run "D" they still have a healty C-Mart, Travis Henry, Ricky,and Eddie George on their plate, i can only see them walking away with 2 of these games tops.

N.E. has the easiest schedule remaining;

us tomorrow
@ Tenn.
Jets
Miami

If they essentially beat us and Miami, Miami will have a 2-4 div. record and will need an outright better record. I simply don't see that happening that Miami edges out N.E. They face Oakland for almost a sure loss. It will really come down to week 17, which will amount to another PO game for both teams.

The Jets, while resurgent, still need to win at least 3 and maybe all 4 of their remaining games, and particularly the Pats game.

As much as you may not like that Pats, they are the clear choice to win the AFCE. If we beat them, then that may change things. I'll believe that when I see it however.

Keys to success:

Run, run, run Henry

We have no D, our STs is average, and as far as coaching goes, they've got a Cadillac and we're driving a Civic.

If this "air game" battle between Brady and Bledsoe gets stressed again, then we're going to lose.

Big question: How will Gilbride approach this game?

fabolouspaul
12-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Bills can lose to Green Bay and make it. Miami will lose 2 of their remaining games: Oakland and NE.

Bills must win this weekend and have NE lose to Tenn and NYJ and beat Miami the last week

NYJ: Lose to Denver this week and Green Bay the last weekend and they can beat Chicago and NE

That would make the AFC East

Bills 9-7
Fins 9-7
Pats 8-8
Jets 8-8

Bills win because of tiebreaker: It's called a SWEEP!!

It can happen! :)

:urock:

ublinkwescore
12-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

us tomorrow
@ Tenn.
Jets
Miami

That doesn't sound like an easy schedule to me - we can beat the pats if we use Henry effectively. Tennesee has shaped up it's act, the Jets could pull it off, and Miami - well who cares as long as we finish with the same record as them or better, and both finish with a better record then the Pats and Jets.

ublinkwescore
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm the Biggest Bills fan in Central California.

WCoastFin
12-07-2002, 01:53 PM
I see the AFCE playoffs like this....

Steelers
Dolphins
Raiders
Colts
Chargers
3 teams fighting for the last seed....Broncos-Patriots-Titans

The Natrix
12-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Joe Thiesman is the man. If he says the dolphins won't make it, the dolphins won't make it. Sorry WestBoast.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

us tomorrow
@ Tenn.
Jets
Miami

I thought NE's schedule was the easiest, because of having 3 of 4 at home. But the Tennessee game might be tougher than expected - they're 7-5 and very much in contention. They finish with Jacksonville and Houston, so beating NE really lines them up nicely for a wildcard, even if they lose to Indy this week.

I'm starting to think Miami's final four might be just as good. I'd hate to play at Oakland but I don't mind playing anyone at home, and I think we'll be slight favorites. I expect the Mia-NE game to decide the East, and the loser will sit out the playoffs unless both teams go 3-0 before then.

I don't think anyone from the East is going to the playoffs at 9-7. Somebody's going to finish strong at 10-6 (or 11-5 even). I'm not sure who it'll be, but hoping that everyone plays .500 or worse in the final month so you can win a 9-7 tiebreaker seems a little desperate.

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 02:29 PM
everybody says it, but it is really true in NE final games, "our destiny is in our hands." they have 3 DIV games in their last 4, and the one that isn't is against a playoff team (Titans will be 1st in their DIV with a win over the Colts this week) I see tomorrow as the biggest game that the Bills have played in 2 years.

TigerJ
12-07-2002, 03:26 PM
I think most Bills fans would accept that it's a long shot for the Bills to make the playoffs this year. I don't know why Dolphin fans would want to be gluttons for punishment though. The fins are destined to exit early if they do manage to sneak into the playoffs.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
The fins are destined to exit early if they do manage to sneak into the playoffs.

If I recall correctly, Miami has not been in anything but first place in the division since week one. I don't think that qualifies as "sneaking in," if we make it. "Sneaking in" means you make it because someone else lost, not because you won.

The object of the season is to make the playoffs.

The object of the playoffs is to make the Super Bowl.

The object of the Super Bowl is, of course, to set the record for consecutive losses.

Anybody knows that.

The Natrix
12-07-2002, 03:48 PM

If I recall correctly, Miami has not been in anything but first place in the division since week one. I don't think that qualifies as "sneaking in," if we make it. "Sneaking in" means you make it because someone else lost, not because you won.

This post makes it sound like you don't know the following

7-5
7-5
6-6
6-6

....saying that the dolphins will get in is a compliment.

anybody knows that

BTW I hate the pats more than the phins, but I would say the pats have a better chance to win the division. The dolphins just are not a very good team. Too bad for you, cause it was a do or die situation this season. After this, it is rebuilding time.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 04:18 PM
I have gotten so much entertainment value out of the various Bills playoff scenarios here this week, that I feel I should contribute one of my own. I know you'll like this.

Bills beat the Pats this week, then lose to SD.

Jets lose to the Broncos, then beat the Pats.

Miami beats Chicago, then gets by Oakland.

Guess what? Miami clinches the division with a win in Minnesota in week 16, no matter what anyone else does.

Unlikely? Sure, but there are only two real upsets in the list, and one of them is the game you're already counting on tomorrow.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Oops, sorry. My mistake:

The Jets don't play the Pats next week. The Pats play in Tennessee, and would have to lose there (even more likely than at home vs. Jets).

The Jets would need to lose again, either to Chicago or at NE in week 16 for Miami to clinch.

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 04:32 PM
I have gotten so much entertainment value out of the various Bills playoff scenarios here this week, that I feel I should contribute one of my own. I know you'll like this.

Bills beat the Pats this week, then lose to SD.

Jets lose to the Broncos, then beat the Pats.

Miami beats Chicago, then gets by Oakland.

Guess what? Miami clinches the division with a win in Minnesota in week 16, no matter what anyone else does.

Unlikely? Sure, but there are only two real upsets in the list, and one of them is the game you're already counting on tomorrow.

Miami getting by Oakland, Chicago and the Vikes consecutively? Not a prayer. Which means that the division could not be decided until after the results of week 17.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

Miami getting by Oakland, Chicago and the Vikes consecutively? Not a prayer.

Well let's see... Miami will definitely be favored in two of them, and probably all three (the Oakland game is maybe a tossup).

I'd put the odds of the Fins' going 3-0 at somewhat better than the Bills going 1-0 in the next 24 hours.

clumping platelets
12-08-2002, 04:29 AM
Go Bears!!