PDA

View Full Version : Who agrees with me on this?

Italian Stallion
03-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Who misses the individual introductions of the players in the pre game festivites? I know the whole concept of team has been heavy ever since the 2001 Patriots came out of the tunnel at the Super Bowl together, but I miss when each player could get his own cheers. I understand that a team, not individuals win the game, but nothing is won in the intros...

..at RB, from Miami, #21....WILLIS MCGAHEE!

..at WR, from Wisconsin, #83..LEE EVANS

..and at QB, from Tulane, #7...JP LOSMAN!

I dont know about you guys but this would fire me up even more to be able to cheer for the new triplets...what do you guys think? Am I just over-bored of the offseason, or does my rambling make some sense?

Dozerdog
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't....

Call me old fashioned- I can't stand half the fluff at the game. The stupid back up beeping for penalties, blaring rock tunes - it would be cool if they played music to pump you up- but 15 seconds of it becomes just noise.

I do like the flyovers though

Italian Stallion
03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree with some of those, but I especially hate the little motorized UPS truck "now, hows that for on time delivery??" thing

I think some of the Billy Buffalo stuff is funny...but The 2004 season in review (which is available on the bills website on their real player) when they played highlights with the xmas music behind it, that was the best

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Who misses the individual introductions of the players in the pre game festivites? I know the whole concept of team has been heavy ever since the 2001 Patriots came out of the tunnel at the Super Bowl together, but I miss when each player could get his own cheers. I understand that a team, not individuals win the game, but nothing is won in the intros...

..at RB, from Miami, #21....WILLIS MCGAHEE!

..at WR, from Wisconsin, #83..LEE EVANS

..and at QB, from Tulane, #7...JP LOSMAN!

I dont know about you guys but this would fire me up even more to be able to cheer for the new triplets...what do you guys think? Am I just over-bored of the offseason, or does my rambling make some sense?No way brother! you made a good point here. The individual intros gives the crowd more time to get into it before the game. I'm a team player fan as well, but I miss the singell intros. It also gives the non starters something more to shoot for if they are a fan of the game as well. Think about when Ray Ray comes out of the tunnel in Baltimore and does his dance...The place goes ****ing nuts! Could you imagine TKO strutting his self through the smoke from the tunnel doing the Takeo Chop in front of 73,000 fans? Damn, I'm done..I'm getting too excited already for the season opener. I can feel the hair stand on my neck just thinking about the jets flying over after the anthem. That's what it's all about baby. Strap on your helmet and go punch someone in the friggin mouth! Whoooh! I can see Willis stiff arming some punk on his ass and barreling into the endzone for the first score of the year at home and the whole place going absolutely nuts. In front of Section 124 of course.
Let's get it done!

Italian Stallion
03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
yeah I'm thinking of emailing someone at the stadium to get er done. Wonder if they'd do it if enough people requested it, or is it something Mularkey controls? I wonder....

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't....

Call me old fashioned- I can't stand half the fluff at the game. The stupid back up beeping for penalties, blaring rock tunes - it would be cool if they played music to pump you up- but 15 seconds of it becomes just noise.

I do like the flyovers thoughDozer, are you a senior citizen? I believe in self control and not celebrating after an assisted tackle and not slowing the game up with non sense but we do live in a modernized society where individualism has become an important factor. If Takeo has to shake the place up a little to excite the 12th man, I'm all for it! We have to have some of the props (UPS truck) as additional revenue for the NFL. No way around that.

Dozerdog
03-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Gimmie a rusty water bucket with a ladel.

None of that gatorade crap

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
yeah I'm thinking of emailing someone at the stadium to get er done. Wonder if they'd do it if enough people requested it, or is it something Mularkey controls? I wonder....The coaches have some control over pre game rituals, but we shold get a posse together and plan a date and time when everyone interested from this website could email the bills website at once to make a statement.
Check out my next post befor eI turn off for the night. I have a plan!

Voltron
03-09-2005, 10:05 PM
I loved it this year when they would introduce the STs first. The Ralph would just explode! I could care less how they do it really. I just like being there, tailgating with my peeps before, doing a bowling ball shot, and losing my voice :up:

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Gimmie a rusty water bucket with a ladel.

None of that gatorade crapAh, you're an ole Lombardi lover aren't ya?

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM
I loved it this year when they would introduce the STs first. The Ralph would just explode! I could care less how they do it really. I just like being there, tailgating with my peeps before, doing a bowling ball shot, and losing my voice :up:
Nice transformers Voltron. More than meets the eye!

Dozerdog
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Ah, you're an ole Lombardi lover aren't ya?
:up:

Voltron
03-09-2005, 10:18 PM
VOLTRON was NOT a transformer :shakeno:

He was the "Defender of the Universe"!

:offtopic:

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
:up:Yeah, me too! Now that was hard nosed football back then when guys played because they loved the game and not for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It would be interesting to know what % of the league players played both sides of the ball compared to today. What Troy Brown is the only one that I can think of.

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
VOLTRON was NOT a transformer :shakeno:

He was the "Defender of the Universe"!

:offtopic:What do your robot toy pics on profile have to do with football? Oh, I just mentioned football, I'm still on topic!

Dozerdog
03-09-2005, 10:22 PM
After 1960, not much.

Most 2 way play happened in the 1940's- and it petered out in the 1950's.

Chuck Bednarik was the last of the 60 minute players.

jpdex12
03-09-2005, 10:25 PM
After 1960, not much.

Most 2 way play happened in the 1940's- and it petered out in the 1950's.

Chuck Bednarik was the last of the 60 minute players.Was Bednarik a Packer or a Giant?

Mr. Cynical
03-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Nice transformers Voltron. More than meets the eye!Just to set the record straight, here is Optimus Prime, arguably the most famous Transformer (Autobot, to be specific). Althought personally I always thought the Decepticons were much cooler. I mean, would you rather turn into a mack truck (Optimus) or a jet fighter like Starscream? :nerd:

ajsdx
03-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Was Bednarik a Packer or a Giant?

He was an Eagle. Now, he's an embittered old fogey who constantly *****es about how much better it was back when he was a player and only earned half a nickel per game.

Voltron
03-10-2005, 12:31 AM
He was an Eagle. Now, he's an embittered old fogey who constantly *****es about how much better it was back when he was a player and only earned half a nickel per game.
:rofl:

"In my day we didn't have pads ... we wore steel plates and they were nailed to our bodies!"

The_Philster
03-10-2005, 04:57 AM
AS far as the pregame stuff, I did kinda like how they used to do things...introduce individual players. There's nothing wrong with following the Patriots' example in some thing but c'mon...does it have to extend to pregame introductions?

Just to set the record straight, here is Optimus Prime, arguably the most famous Transformer (Autobot, to be specific). Althought personally I always thought the Decepticons were much cooler. I mean, would you rather turn into a mack truck (Optimus) or a jet fighter like Starscream? :nerd::negrep: The Autobots had the Aerialbots to handle the flying :mad:

jpdex12
03-10-2005, 06:19 AM
He was an Eagle. Now, he's an embittered old fogey who constantly *****es about how much better it was back when he was a player and only earned half a nickel per game.Oh yeah, I remember now, he was in the news for critisizing the Eagles and saying he wishes that they loose the super bowl.

mysticsoto
03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Just to set the record straight, here is Optimus Prime, arguably the most famous Transformer (Autobot, to be specific). Althought personally I always thought the Decepticons were much cooler. I mean, would you rather turn into a mack truck (Optimus) or a jet fighter like Starscream? :nerd:
Galvatron was the best. Arrogant and somewhat insane - I loved when he toasted Starscream in the movie.

That's what I want our D-linemen to be like - arrogant and somewhat insane to install fear on the other team. :D