• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Who agrees with me on this?

Who misses the individual introductions of the players in the pre game festivites? I know the whole concept of team has been heavy ever since the 2001 Patriots came out of the tunnel at the Super Bowl together, but I miss when each player could get his own cheers. I understand that a team, not individuals win the game, but nothing is won in the intros...

..at RB, from Miami, #21....WILLIS MCGAHEE!

..at WR, from Wisconsin, #83..LEE EVANS

..and at QB, from Tulane, #7...JP LOSMAN!

I dont know about you guys but this would fire me up even more to be able to cheer for the new triplets...what do you guys think? Am I just over-bored of the offseason, or does my rambling make some sense?
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I don't....

Call me old fashioned- I can't stand half the fluff at the game. The stupid back up beeping for penalties, blaring rock tunes - it would be cool if they played music to pump you up- but 15 seconds of it becomes just noise.

I do like the flyovers though

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

I agree with some of those, but I especially hate the little motorized UPS truck "now, hows that for on time delivery??" thing

I think some of the Billy Buffalo stuff is funny...but The 2004 season in review (which is available on the bills website on their real player) when they played highlights with the xmas music behind it, that was the best
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
        Who misses the individual introductions of the players in the pre game festivites? I know the whole concept of team has been heavy ever since the 2001 Patriots came out of the tunnel at the Super Bowl together, but I miss when each player could get his own cheers. I understand that a team, not individuals win the game, but nothing is won in the intros...

..at RB, from Miami, #21....WILLIS MCGAHEE!

..at WR, from Wisconsin, #83..LEE EVANS

..and at QB, from Tulane, #7...JP LOSMAN!

I dont know about you guys but this would fire me up even more to be able to cheer for the new triplets...what do you guys think? Am I just over-bored of the offseason, or does my rambling make some sense?
        No way brother! you made a good point here. The individual intros gives the crowd more time to get into it before the game. I'm a team player fan as well, but I miss the singell intros. It also gives the non starters something more to shoot for if they are a fan of the game as well. Think about when Ray Ray comes out of the tunnel in Baltimore and does his dance...The place goes ****ing nuts! Could you imagine TKO strutting his self through the smoke from the tunnel doing the Takeo Chop in front of 73,000 fans? Damn, I'm done..I'm getting too excited already for the season opener. I can feel the hair stand on my neck just thinking about the jets flying over after the anthem. That's what it's all about baby. Strap on your helmet and go punch someone in the friggin mouth! Whoooh! I can see Willis stiff arming some punk on his ass and barreling into the endzone for the first score of the year at home and the whole place going absolutely nuts. In front of Section 124 of course.
        Let's get it done!
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

yeah I'm thinking of emailing someone at the stadium to get er done. Wonder if they'd do it if enough people requested it, or is it something Mularkey controls? I wonder....
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            I don't....

Call me old fashioned- I can't stand half the fluff at the game. The stupid back up beeping for penalties, blaring rock tunes - it would be cool if they played music to pump you up- but 15 seconds of it becomes just noise.

I do like the flyovers though
            Dozer, are you a senior citizen? I believe in self control and not celebrating after an assisted tackle and not slowing the game up with non sense but we do live in a modernized society where individualism has become an important factor. If Takeo has to shake the place up a little to excite the 12th man, I'm all for it! We have to have some of the props (UPS truck) as additional revenue for the NFL. No way around that.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Gimmie a rusty water bucket with a ladel.

None of that gatorade crap

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                yeah I'm thinking of emailing someone at the stadium to get er done. Wonder if they'd do it if enough people requested it, or is it something Mularkey controls? I wonder....
                The coaches have some control over pre game rituals, but we shold get a posse together and plan a date and time when everyone interested from this website could email the bills website at once to make a statement.
                Check out my next post befor eI turn off for the night. I have a plan!

Comment

• Voltron
                  • Jul 2002

I loved it this year when they would introduce the STs first. The Ralph would just explode! I could care less how they do it really. I just like being there, tailgating with my peeps before, doing a bowling ball shot, and losing my voice
                  Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                  - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                  -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                  - Mark Twain

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Gimmie a rusty water bucket with a ladel.

None of that gatorade crap
                    Ah, you're an ole Lombardi lover aren't ya?

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Voltron
                      I loved it this year when they would introduce the STs first. The Ralph would just explode! I could care less how they do it really. I just like being there, tailgating with my peeps before, doing a bowling ball shot, and losing my voice
                      Nice transformers Voltron. More than meets the eye!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                        Ah, you're an ole Lombardi lover aren't ya?

Comment

• Voltron
                          • Jul 2002

VOLTRON was NOT a transformer

He was the "Defender of the Universe"!

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                          - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                          -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                          - Mark Twain

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

Yeah, me too! Now that was hard nosed football back then when guys played because they loved the game and not for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                            It would be interesting to know what % of the league players played both sides of the ball compared to today. What Troy Brown is the only one that I can think of.

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Voltron
                              VOLTRON was NOT a transformer

He was the "Defender of the Universe"!

What do your robot toy pics on profile have to do with football? Oh, I just mentioned football, I'm still on topic!

Comment

Working...
                              X