PDA

View Full Version : TD: Teague May Move to Tackle

Romes
03-10-2005, 08:02 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050310/1070960.asp

"We're going to look at Trey," Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe said. "When we signed him, we liked him as a tackle. It just worked out better for us his first year that he play at center because of his experience. But we believe he can make the transition back to tackle. If the coaches feel that gives us the best chance to be successful, they will look at it."

Very infomative article.

Teague will move to LT if we don't find anyone in FA.

Talks about Bannan getting some work at gaurd and Peters working at OT (i guess that report a few days ago wasn't completley false)

Says that Womack is in Buffalo today.

DeMulling may command too much at a $3mil a year price tag.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
According to published reports, Womack was in Buffalo yesterday. He is in Green Bay today.

Romes
03-10-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah, I know...I posted a few of those links that said he was here yesterday. I'm just summarizing the Buffalo News article that says he is here today.

It doesn't matter what day he is here, point is that the Bills are considering him.

clumping platelets
03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Oliver Ross signed with Arizona a few days ago :shakeno:

Buffalo Snooze :z:

Ickybaluky
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
The article also mentions Oliver Ross, who is off the market (signed with Arizona).

One interesting thing is that it seems the article is intimating that the Bills are looking at DeMulling to play C, with the shift of Teague outside. Am I reading that right, or is it just speculation?

mysticsoto
03-10-2005, 08:37 AM
The article also mentions Oliver Ross, who is off the market (signed with Arizona).

One interesting thing is that it seems the article is intimating that the Bills are looking at DeMulling to play C, with the shift of Teague outside. Am I reading that right, or is it just speculation?
Or, they could be looking to the draft...or they could be thinking of Ross Tucker.

Or it could be Jason Peters at Center. :D Or, according to some people's thinking here, it could be Nugent also! :evil:

Dicknoze69
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM

That's what I got out of it also.

Tatonka
03-10-2005, 09:13 AM
this is depressing

Kerr
03-10-2005, 09:14 AM
I can see teague as a tackle...backup tackle.

ryjam282
03-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I am not against trying it. Hell if it works.

Romes
03-10-2005, 09:21 AM
So if the season started tomorrow our line would be:

Teague, Gandy, Tucker, Villarial, Williams

...well the right side is good

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I bet they take a strong look at Faine from Cleveland as their center if they can't grab a good tackle. I still think Shelton is on the back burner.

BuffaloRanger
03-10-2005, 10:28 AM
TD has always thought that that any lineman can play center. He's right...any lineman can play center, some just aren't very good.

Mahdi
03-10-2005, 10:37 AM
I wonder if Keydrick Vincent is asking for less than DeMulling...anyone know anything?

CAbills
03-10-2005, 10:47 AM
So if the season started tomorrow our line would be:

Teague, Gandy, Tucker, Villarial, Williams

...well the right side is good

The one place we needed to get better at this coming season we got worse at. Excellent. Good thing JP can run... :;:

Romes
03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
I'm just thinking out loud here but has anyone considered that Teague may be better suited for LT?

He is tall at 6'5'' and 300lbs. He is a smart player who is quick. His weight makes it hard for him to handle the big 320lb NTs that bull rush up the middle. He won't have to deal with that on the outside. He will be facing quicker 260lb DEs. The fact that he is bigger than most DEs it would also make it easier for him to handle the bull rush. It would seem to me that this would play into Teague's strengths more as a player. His quickeness would allow him to react well to the double moves and handle the speed rush.

TD said the reason they had him on the inside was because he was smart and could call the shots. Not because he was better physically suited for that position. Anyway, its just a thought.

Tatonka
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM
the reason that i dont want teague at tackle.. aside from the fact that he is a decent center.. is that it is just going to break up the line even more.. now we have yet another position that is up in the air and guys will have to get used to each other again.

the less change, the better.

teague is also 30 and at the end of his contract.. he is not getting younger.. and if we move him to LT, his price goes up.. which means we wont resign him and now we are in for more change on the OL.

the only complaint i have about the team is the OL.. it is in a constant state of flux.. we cant get anything settled and then something comes up.. this guy is gone.. this guy sucked.. his replacement is not better.. blah blah..

it would have just been too easy to get shelton and sign demulling or womack.

Mudflap1
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Not a comforting admission from Tom Donahoe, doesn't make me extra warm and fuzzy and confident that he's going to bring in anybody of any value for the piss poor line we've got...

Jon

mysticsoto
03-10-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm just thinking out loud here but has anyone considered that Teague may be better suited for LT?

He is tall at 6'5'' and 300lbs. He is a smart player who is quick. His weight makes it hard for him to handle the big 320lb NTs that bull rush up the middle. He won't have to deal with that on the outside. He will be facing quicker 260lb DEs. The fact that he is bigger than most DEs it would also make it easier for him to handle the bull rush. It would seem to me that this would play into Teague's strengths more as a player. His quickeness would allow him to react well to the double moves and handle the speed rush.

TD said the reason they had him on the inside was because he was smart and could call the shots. Not because he was better physically suited for that position. Anyway, its just a thought.
Excellent points and this is exactly why we should move him to LT for the position he was brought to Buffalo to begin with. When he was brought in, Dusty Zeigler was gone as our Center, and we had Michael Early and Craig Heimberger as Centers in 2001 that were horrible. Desperate, in 2002 we signed Teague and saw that he could play Center and there is where he began. Nothing wrong with moving him back to a position where he will excel better with his speed, and letting a big, bulky behemoth cover the Center spot.

Romes
03-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Most centers are around 300lbs. Its usually the Gaurds and tackles that are the biggest. The problem with Teague at center is that for some reason he doesn't do well when a NT bull rushes up the middle. That doesn't happen on the outside. He does well in space. All I'm trying to say is none of has seen Teague at LT. His skill set might be more adapt to that position.

Spielmanrules54
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Obviously the coaches have more insight than we do... but what about Big Mike going to LT and someone else at RT.... As far as I'm concerned we can spend all our draft picks on Lineman... We've been ignoring it WAY too long:winkpunch

Romes
03-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Obviously the coaches have more insight than we do... but what about Big Mike going to LT and someone else at RT.... As far as I'm concerned we can spend all our draft picks on Lineman... We've been ignoring it WAY too long:winkpunch

:welcome:

Another Southern California Bills Fan! Welcome to the board.

Spielmanrules54
03-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks Romes... Born and raised in Buffalo though

ghz in pittsburgh
03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Maybe the coaching staff finally wake up to the fact that if you want to run the ball, you need not just an OK center, but you need a good to great center.