X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Ron Edwards observation.

I was watching the Bills/Rams game again yesterday and during one goal line set in the 4th quarter Ron really caught my eye.

1st play it was 1st and goal at the one after a Jabari Greer Pass interference penalty. Edwards was lined up at RDE on Orlando Pace. He bulled Pace right on his backside and Faulk got stopped for a loss of 4 yards.

2nd play Big Pat came off the field (apparently one of the 42% he wasn't on the field for) and Edwards lined up at the nose. This play was a pass and he bullrushed the center right into Bulger's face causing the bad pass that was picked off by McGee in the endzone.

It seems that Edwards is very, very strong at the point of attack.

He is not the big plugging body that Big Pat was, but if he can get that kind of push in the middle of the line we might be in pretty good shape.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
    1st play it was 1st and goal at the one after a Jabari Greer Pass interference penalty. Edwards was lined up at RDE on Orlando Pace. He bulled Pace right on his backside and Faulk got stopped for a loss of 4 yards.
    Are you sure it wasn't Schobel that play?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

Actually I remember that play, at least I think it was that play or one very similar, and it was a nice one by Edwards.

Normally I'd say one play doesn't make a player, and it doesn't, but we've all seen Edwards make plenty of good plays. He's not Pat just yet but he definitely has a knack for making plays. If that's what we end up going with I'm ok with it for now. It will be fun to see him and Anderson in on regular play rotation and see what they can do with it.
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I said last season that he was getting so much time because they were NOT going to sign big pat. I am satisfied with his play. He and Adams should be fine. If our offense can generate points, it takes alot of pressure off of hte run defense.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

Solid point Pride. I agree 100%. Sure, our defense will take a small step back...But, if the offense can get some points on the board, it won't matter if our tackle is John Clayton, no one is going to be running to catch up.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
            • Jul 2002

The tackle of Faulk, for a loss, near the goal line, was by Schobel.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
              • Mar 2003

He didn't say Edwards stopped Faulk, just that the bullrush made it possible. But why would Edwards be at RDE?
              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• BidsJr
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                The tackle of Faulk, for a loss, near the goal line, was by Schobel.
                You are correct about the big stick that Schobel had on Faulk, and Schobel did beat Pace on that play. But there was another in that same sequence that had Edwards Pancaking Pace. Their were like 8 downs inside the 10 in that drive, we had them stopped until the Pass interference call.

My point is he looks strong and can push the pile. I think TD made the right choice.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

edwards will be fine.. with anderson rotating in..

i have no worries at all.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ExWNYer
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    edwards will be fine.. with anderson rotating in..

i have no worries at all.

I agree. You have to let the young players play eventually or before you know it they're not young anymore and out the door. PW was a great player and citizen for the community but in today's free agency you just can't keep everybody. He'll be missed but it was his time to move on and time for the Bills to start a new chapter in their development.
                    "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                      You are correct about the big stick that Schobel had on Faulk, and Schobel did beat Pace on that play. But there was another in that same sequence that had Edwards Pancaking Pace. Their were like 8 downs inside the 10 in that drive, we had them stopped until the Pass interference call.

My point is he looks strong and can push the pile. I think TD made the right choice.

I hope Edwards works out.

Comment

• kevinj22
                        • Feb 2005

I think that is why TD is no rush to do anything with that spot just yet. You'll never know what you have if you don't give these guys a shot. They are hungry, everyone wants that big payday eventually. That is why these guys (Anderson and Edwards are going to give you 110% every time.

Comment

Working...
                        X