PDA

View Full Version : Edge To Cards???

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Espn's Chris Mort. just said on the radio (looking for link) that he believe the Cards are close to getting Edge for Shelton and a # 2.

If this happens, what do you do with Henry?

Bulldog
03-10-2005, 08:38 AM
Hang on to him and see what happens in the pre-season. Theres usually a couple of injuries and I'm sure some team will be desperate for a proven back should their starter go down. Thats my best guess.

clumping platelets
03-10-2005, 08:41 AM
:idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 08:44 AM
I thought Denny Green didn't want Henry because he wanted a speed back instead.

Edge is no speed back. :down:

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 08:47 AM

I found it surprising when Mort said that. But that would be a great trade for the Cards! You would think the colts would get more?

clumping platelets
03-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Apparently, the Bucs are interested in Edge also

Dicknoze69
03-10-2005, 08:50 AM
i think it's looking more and more likely that Henry stays with us for quite a while, at least until injuries pop up

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM
I found it surprising when Mort said that. But that would be a great trade for the Cards! You would think the colts would get more?
I don't trust Mort anymore, ever since he reported with certainty 4 years ago that we were going to get Marvin Lewis as the HC. :mad:

ryjam282
03-10-2005, 09:03 AM
I have been thinking.....If the Fins get a 2nd from someone for Surtain, do you think they will then turn and give us that 2nd for Henry? I have read numerous times that they are looking to move down in the 1st round, and get other pics....What do you guys think?

NJFINSFAN1
03-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I have been thinking.....If the Fins get a 2nd from someone for Surtain, do you think they will then turn and give us that 2nd for Henry? I have read numerous times that they are looking to move down in the 1st round, and get other pics....What do you guys think?
I don't think so, but you never know with Saban. And I would say Henry's value has dropped some since nobody seems to want him yet.

chubluv
03-10-2005, 09:24 AM
henry is going to start the season as a Buffalo Bill. He is just killing any chance of a big contract by setting his demands to high for whatever team that would trade for him.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Fine with me. Let him ride the pine for cheap. :up:

dannyek71
03-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Henry for Surtain and our 3rd rounder

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I wonder if Henry's eyes are opening and seeing that no team wants him as their starting back. I am starting to think this guy is going to be eating some humble pie this year and find free agency tough next year.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Well he'll be another year older by next off season. If I were him, I'd take whatever I got offered today and haul ass.

mysticsoto
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Henry for Surtain and our 3rd rounder
No way!!! We need our draft picks to shore up our O-line and add depth. Surtain for a straight up swap...maybe but as many people are saying, the draft is full of RBs and people are salivating at getting a fresh young stud. We will likely need to wait until an injury occurs or until a team picks a RB in the draft that doesn't pan out well (Chris Perry for instance?) and then maybe we'll get a trade. If not, we have a good backup for WM and we don't have to worry about trading a 4th for Davenport or anything else...atleast until next year.

Michael82
03-10-2005, 10:03 AM

Damn Dennis Green! :mad:

Sportsuser101
03-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Why would the Colts want another tackle for?

BuffaloRanger
03-10-2005, 10:56 AM
If Henry stays with BFLO and only gets 75 carries, 300 yds he won't get much in FA, and won't be a sure starter.

DraftBoy
03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
I love it, I hope travis does stay in Buffalo so we get a comp pick for him and some desperate teams signs him to a mediocre deal so he can go and lose his job again.

Dicknoze69
03-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Why would the Colts want another tackle for?

fun and excitement ?? :idunno:

Michael82
03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
If Henry stays with BFLO and only gets 75 carries, 300 yds he won't get much in FA, and won't be a sure starter.
That would be hilarious and he definitely deserves it. :snicker:

The Natrix
03-10-2005, 11:19 AM
TD should just be patient. Worst case senario is we have Henry if Willis goes down.

Mudflap1
03-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Well done again by Mr. Donahoe. The tackle we wanted is now going to Indy if this trade goes through. Now we have a disgruntled backup running back who is asking for bank, no line, no 3rd receiver, and poor J.P. Losman as the unproven sitting duck standing behind center...

Maybe we'll trade Henry to Indy for Shelton? It better happen...

Jon

Michael82
03-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Well done again by Mr. Donahoe. The tackle we wanted is now going to Indy if this trade goes through. Now we have a disgruntled backup running back who is asking for bank, no line, no 3rd receiver, and poor J.P. Losman as the unproven sitting duck standing behind center...

Jon
That's what I was thinking. Indy doesn't really need Shelton. Maybe they would be willing to trade Shelton to us for a 3rd rounder or Henry. :pray:

Billsouth
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
if edge is traded maybe indy will trade for henry?

i would take their #1 or #2 for him.

The Natrix
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm sure Shaud Williams would fill in fine. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of having Holcomb and Henry around next season for peace of mind.

There always is the possibility of trading Henry mid-season. If there is a team that has a chance for a playoff spot at say 4-4, but is struggling in the running game, they might bite.

Ebenezer
03-10-2005, 11:32 AM
yeah, but it would still be better to have him as insurance and let him go as a FA and get a comp pick rather than cutting him.

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2005, 11:35 AM
That's what I was thinking. Indy doesn't really need Shelton. Maybe they would be willing to trade Shelton to us for a 3rd rounder or Henry. :pray:
3-way trades rarely happens in the NFL.

Mudflap1
03-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Forget midseason, WE NEED OFFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!

Jon

ExWNYer
03-10-2005, 11:55 AM

Don't bet on it. Look at his body of work vs. Lamont Jordan's. Jordan did pretty well for himself in free agancy as a backup with "potential". If someone needs a starting RB next year, they'll pony up and pay TH accordingly.

Michael82
03-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm sure Shaud Williams would fill in fine. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of having Holcomb and Henry around next season for peace of mind.

There always is the possibility of trading Henry mid-season. If there is a team that has a chance for a playoff spot at say 4-4, but is struggling in the running game, they might bite.
Henry is a cancer. He would hold out of training camp. I want him out of here, even for a 3rd rounder.

jpdex12
03-10-2005, 12:29 PM

JonFor an unproven, often injured, back up, dissappointing first round pick (Shelton)you portray him as a three time probowler! Maybe TD should be asking for more than just that for TH!

Mudflap1
03-10-2005, 12:36 PM
For an unproven, often injured, back up, dissappointing first round pick (Shelton)you portray him as a three time probowler! Maybe TD should be asking for more than just that for TH!
Maybe you should learn to read. I didn't portray anything. If anything, other Zoners on here were saying how wonderful this guy was. I never said he was any great shakes, he's got a pulse, he could legitimately compete at LT, and he's got some ability. It was well-documented on here that Tom Donahoe was targeting this guy for a few weeks and the trade fell through. We have no left tackle. At least he is a left tackle with some untapped potential that our good OL coach can possibly improve. He's better than the ace we've got slotted in there now on the depth chart, Dylan McFarland, and Shelton would come cheap, so we could sign a guard like DeMulling, or address other positions of need.

Jon

Michael82
03-10-2005, 01:02 PM
For an unproven, often injured, back up, dissappointing first round pick (Shelton)you portray him as a three time probowler! Maybe TD should be asking for more than just that for TH!
Maybe that's the reason why the trade fell thru? TD was asking for something else too....

Bulldog
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Maybe that's the reason why the trade fell thru? TD was asking for something else too....

Or, maybe Henry's agent still hasn't recovered from the infamous bowling ball shot! Somebody should have went Terry Tait on his a$$ that day.

Carlton Bailey
03-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Floyd Womack is a better player than Shelton anyway. When you're stuck behind Walter Jones and Chris Terry your whole career, it'n no wonder why he didn't get to play much. He seems like an impressive player as well.

B-DON
03-10-2005, 09:23 PM
cut 6 is the best

Sportsuser101
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Floyd Womack is a better player than Shelton anyway. When you're stuck behind Walter Jones and Chris Terry your whole career, it'n no wonder why he didn't get to play much. He seems like an impressive player as well.
I'm not much of a fan of Shelton but I'd take him ahead of Womack. If he was so good he would have beat Gray out of the RG spot who is a terrible RG imo. Then again maybe they felt he was more valuable as a backup to Jones, Terry and Hutch.