X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

VCoach Reports: 2 players in Buffalo today

just got the vcoach report that womack and tight end marcellus rivers are in for a visit today. check out buffalobills.com for more info.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

VCoach Reports: 2 players in Buffalo today

V.COACH Bills:

Lineman Floyd "Pork chop" Womack and Tight End Marcellus Rivers are in for a visit today.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

did it actually say "pork chop" on your phone??? hahaha

Rivers isn't a bad option...he's pretty young isnt he?
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

merged.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
          did it actually say "pork chop" on your phone??? hahaha

Rivers isn't a bad option...he's pretty young isnt he?
          Yes it did say say Floyd "Porkchop" Womack. They are both 26 years old.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

wasnt rivers hurt? i seem to remember him w/ the giants.. which would make sense.. mcnally would have worked with him some.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

OT Floyd "Pork chop" Womack
              Height: 6-4
              Weight: 333
              Born: Nov. 15, 1978
              Cleveland, MS
              Position: Offensive Tackle
              Grade 70
              Insider Analysis Womack is massive, he engulfs undersized defenders at the point of attack and he can wear defenders down over the course of the game. He drives through his blocks and he has the lower body strength to push the pile in the running game. As a pass blocker, he gets adequate knee bend and he rarely gives ground to bull rushers. He has experience playing tackle as well as guard and he shows good versatility. However, Womack lacks ideal athletic ability and he is a better run blocker than he is a pass blocker. He lacks ideal initial quickness and explosive one-gap defenders will have some success shooting the inside gap working against him. While he has some experience playing tackle teams shouldn't feel comfortable consistently leaving him on an island in pass protection when he is lined up there. As a run blocker, Womack doesn't have the lateral ability to adjust to the moving target in space and he won't always reach his assignments at the second level. Overall, Womack is marginal starter at tackle and he needs to continue to work on his footwork
              Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

--------------------------------------------------------

TE Marcellus Rivers
              Height: 6-4
              Weight: 250
              Born: Oct. 26, 1978
              Oklahoma City, OK
              Position: Tight End
              Grade 58
              Insider Analysis Rivers flashes the ability to make the tough catch in traffic. Rivers is tall enough to compete for jump balls, he has the wide frame to shield defenders from the ball and he has the potential to develop into a productive red zone target. However, Rivers isn't a great in-line blocker and he isn't fast enough to move to receiver. He doesn't play with great leverage, he lacks ideal lower body strength and he doesn't show the ability to push the pile in the running game. While he plays with good intensity he doesn't always play with sound fundamentals and he is inconsistent as a result.
              Get a complete list of all the NFL free agents, their grades and ESPN's expert analysis on their future prospects.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                wasnt rivers hurt? i seem to remember him w/ the giants.. which would make sense.. mcnally would have worked with him some.
                Marcellus rivers hasn't missed a game.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

My buddy is a Giants fan and I just called him...

He said Rivers is a terrible blocker, but does have some "ups" when it comes to catching the ball, especially in the red zone, although he's pretty slow. He said that his development was slowed when Shockey became a mainstay at the position.

And yes tatonka, he said he was hurt some last year..... Overall though, he said it wouldn't be a bad pick up for us
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• jpdex12
                    • Jan 2005

Billsdaily.com update. Would we really pay DeMulling that much? If he wants to come to Buffalo bad enough it seems that he would be flexible with us. B'More is still in the hunt though. I expect them to bring him in to take a look.
                    Finally, we bring Womack in!
                    We gotta make a few more moves soon....you'd think!

Thursday March 10, 2005

DeMulling Still Available: Free agent offensive lineman Rick DeMulling visited Detriot but left without a contract. He visited with the Bills on Sunday and Monday and the Ravens have also expressed interest in the Colts' free agent. DeMulling may command $3 Million a year as the top guard left on the market and the Bills may be unwilling to give him that much considering Chris Villarial already gets paid in that range.

Bills Host Visitor: The Buffalo News is reporting that the Bills will entertain Seattle free agent offensive lineman Floyd Womack today. He has started 22 games over the past three years with the Seahawks, mostly at right tackle. He has also played left tackle and guard.

Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                      My buddy is a Giants fan and I just called him...

He said Rivers is a terrible blocker, but does have some "ups" when it comes to catching the ball, especially in the red zone, although he's pretty slow. He said that his development was slowed when Shockey became a mainstay at the position.

And yes tatonka, he said he was hurt some last year..... Overall though, he said it wouldn't be a bad pick up for us
                      I guess nfl.com is wrong. It says he played in all 16 games just didn't start. In 2003 he missed 4 games.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

I wish TD would take a look at RFA Justin Peele.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

I really doubt we'd pay that much to DeMulling since we already have Villarial making some decent cash.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            I wish TD would take a look at RFA Justin Peele.
                            He seems pretty decent. I wouldn't mind bringing him in depending on the compensation.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              I really doubt we'd pay that much to DeMulling since we already have Villarial making some decent cash.
                              That annoys me because DeMulling is younger and better than Villarrial.

Comment

Working...
                              X