does anyone realise how bad the OL situation is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

does anyone realise how bad the OL situation is?

Come on folks. We have no left tackle. It is so stunning to me how many people are so flipant about not having one. it is THE position on the OL!

Mike Williams is too fat and slow. Teague is now rummored by TD to move there. Gee the guy has been a center for 3 years so NOW lets move him? WTF? The guy gave up something like 11 sacks in 16 games as a starter at LT in Denver!

Now we bring in some 4th round pick who is a 3rd string tackle out of Seattle? On top of that he is as fat if not fatter than Mike Williams!

I think we are in DEEP trouble this year. This will be TD's last year, count on it.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
    Come on folks. We have no left tackle. It is so stunning to me how many people are so flipant about not having one. it is THE position on the OL!

Mike Williams is too fat and slow. Teague is now rummored by TD to move there. Gee the guy has been a center for 3 years so NOW lets move him? WTF? The guy gave up something like 11 sacks in 16 games as a starter at LT in Denver!

Now we bring in some 4th round pick who is a 3rd string tackle out of Seattle? On top of that he is as fat if not fatter than Mike Williams!

I think we are in DEEP trouble this year. This will be TD's last year, count on it.
    DOOMED!

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129

the line is not looking all that encouraging right now...if Shelton does go to Indi that will be one less on the board to plug in...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

We've been talking about our o-line situation for weeks.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Thank you Iceman. At least someone on here besides me understands that a football team's offense begins and ends with the offensive line.

Yes, it's early. But it's not a good sign at all that 1) Shelton (who ain't that hot to begin with, but would be adequate) is probably NOT coming here and is being traded to Indy, and 2) TD is now talking about moving the extremely mediocre Teague to LT, the most important position on the line.

It ain't like we got Brett Favre back there. Maybe J.P. will turn out to be great, but he's not going to get much of a chance as it' looks like he's going to be cannon fodder because Tom Donahoe decided to hibernate this offseason.

Jon

Comment

• ExWNYer
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gimpy
            Take a breath.. Its March 10.. six months until kickoff.
            Amen. Cripes, can we get thru the draft, mini-camps, training camp, and preseason before giving up on '05??! This team (like just about every other this time of year) is a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day and this team won't be built on March 10th, either. Chill.
            "I'm growing older but not up, my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck" - Jimmy Buffett

Proud alumnus of the 2011 'Final Four' VCU Rams!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ExWNYer
              Amen. Cripes, can we get thru the draft, mini-camps, training camp, and preseason before giving up on '05??! This team (like just about every other this time of year) is a work in progress. Rome wasn't built in a day and this team won't be built on March 10th, either. Chill.
              Thank you!!
              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                • May 2003

WHAT!!!!! We don't have a left tackle. Holy cow, nobody on this board has mentioned that. What are we going to do!?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

there ice.. i got your point across for you without all the wordiness.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

No, Rome wasn't built in a day, but we are going on Year Freakin' Five with Tom Donahoe, and we still have no playoffs. The line isn't a two month problem, or 8 days since Free Agency started. It's been a problem going on five years. And now, while we have a solid defense, RB, etc., our offensive line, where championship teams are made, is in total shambles with guys going fast. Yeah, he can still make some moves and make some improvements, but this should've been the first area he addressed 4+ years ago, not the last. I think that's what's got some of us very concerned.

Again, this isn't an 8-day problem, it's a 5 year problem.

Jon

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

"When last I checked, Theodin* was King of Rohan^, not Aragorn!"

*Tom Donahoe

^ ICE

Let's see, how long do we have until training camp? Five months?

Patience, grasshopper. And

Comment

• buffmaniac
                        • May 2003

Two Words: Jim McNally

He'll find a way.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

Don't have we a game this Sunday against the Patriots ??

We might need a LT !!

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

yeah, settle down you scared little whiners! There are plenty of decent names still out there to choose from to solidify our line. Besides we don't have to model ourselves after the PAtties, but there is plenty of names other than top FA as long as you can find them.

Don't give up on TD! Look at how bad our "D" was when he came in and they have been #2 for two years now. The offense is next and when those two start to gel together, that will breed wins for several years.
                            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                              Thank you Iceman. At least someone on here besides me understands that a football team's offense begins and ends with the offensive line.

Yes, it's early. But it's not a good sign at all that 1) Shelton (who ain't that hot to begin with, but would be adequate) is probably NOT coming here and is being traded to Indy, and 2) TD is now talking about moving the extremely mediocre Teague to LT, the most important position on the line.

It ain't like we got Brett Favre back there. Maybe J.P. will turn out to be great, but he's not going to get much of a chance as it' looks like he's going to be cannon fodder because Tom Donahoe decided to hibernate this offseason.

Jon
                              Yes Iceman and Mudflap are the only two that realize this.....

Comment

Working...
                              X