Everyone is looking for a #3 receiver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Everyone is looking for a #3 receiver...

With the decline in his play the last 2.5 years, I am ready to say that Eric will NOT finish this season with more catches than Evans, and may not even finish with more than our #3, whoever it is.

Eric is not what he used to be. He is not able to beat a double team like he used to be. IMO he is no better than #2 on our team, and I think you will see it this year... this WILL be his last year, unless we come just short of the superbowl.
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Unless Evans starts going across the middle, I think Moulds will have the most receptions again this year.

Moulds hasn't lost the physical skills, he's still fast and still has the body to knock those little CB's on their Arse when they try to jam him at the LOS.

If anything Evans might have more total yards if he has an excellent year with the deep patterns but Moulds will still be the GoTo option.. thats what he's being paid for.

The dropsies are a product of a lack of game focus, not his skills diminishing because of age.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
      WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
      • Mar 2003

He still makes the tough catch. Though he has picked up this annoying habit of jumping for footballs he doesn't have to, dropping some and at best getting no YAC.

He'll always be looked to first. He'll always draw the double team, freeing up room for Peerless, oh I mean Lee. Barring injury he'll have way more catches than our #3. Think 80-90 catches each for Evans and Moulds. 40 for #3. That sounds like a good offense.
      Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Neither one, Moulds or Evans, will probably duplicate their productivity from last year.

McGahee will gain more yards, Losman will gain more yards running the ball, and the TE's and RB's will catch more passes on check-downs and dump-offs.

The wide receivers stats are going to suffer a little bit this year, IMO, based on the new QB and increased emphasis on the running game.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
          • Mar 2003

The running game could struggle unless the line improves.

Run sets up the pass and vica versa.
          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Akhippo
            • Nov 2002

Thats half true. They are going to run the ball often. That however will hopefully open up play action. Since this will be JPs first start, he'll find his security blanket. Without a blue chip tight end for him to rely on, the receivers might become that. Hopefully he learns to spread it around, but evans or moulds should still put up some catches.
            Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
              With the decline in his play the last 2.5 years, I am ready to say that Eric will NOT finish this season with more catches than Evans, and may not even finish with more than our #3, whoever it is.

Eric is not what he used to be. He is not able to beat a double team like he used to be. IMO he is no better than #2 on our team, and I think you will see it this year... this WILL be his last year, unless we come just short of the superbowl.
              I would be willing to bet you on this one. Talk about doom and gloom.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

I still look at him as #1. I wouldn't be that surprised if Evans had more yards, but not by much. Moulds will still be the #1 though, because he will make the tough catches in traffic for 5-10 yards and will take a lot of pressure off of Evans. Hopefully JP spreads the ball around a lot, so neither Evans or Moulds have to break 1000.

Byrd.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                  • Feb 2003

i think moulds has more in the tank...
                  "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

If Blindsoe didn't throw it in every direction but at Moulds jersey numbers, he'd have better stats. That idiot made Moulds and a few others look bad. You will see the Eric we all know & love now that the hack is gone!

#3? Ridiculous!!!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

88 cathces and over 1,000 yards isn't good production? Sure he isn't like Harrison or Moss but he is still top 15 in the league. Besides when he gets the ball he is a tough SOB to bring down and players on opposing teams know this.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

put moulds in indy and see if he cant match harrisons production.

this whole thread is crazy talk.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          put moulds in indy and see if he cant match harrisons production.

this whole thread is crazy talk.
                          No doubt.

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

Seriously, complaining about Moulds? That is depressing. That O-line is in shambles thread isn't much better. I think some people here need to take a hot bath and light some scented candles or something.

Byrd.

Comment

• McBFLO
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride

I cant agree with that. At worst, he will finish slightly behind Evans. No way is Josh Reed or X-WR going to cacth as manny passes as Moulds.
                              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

Working...
                              X