PDA

View Full Version : Our Free Agent Outlook for 06'?

jamze132
03-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Anyone with knowledge about what we can expect from out team and the rest of the NFL for next year? I'm also interested in any early predictions for our cap next year.

May we all know whether or not if Donahoe is the true cap genious most of us think he is!

clumping platelets
03-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Far too early to give an educated opinion.

Let's wait until after the draft :D

OpIv37
03-11-2005, 10:25 AM
expect Nate Clements to be gone

Tatonka
03-11-2005, 10:28 AM
nate clements, kevin thomas, and terance mcgee are FAs.

teague is a FA i believe.

moulds cap number will have to be reworked again or he is gone.

london fletcher is a FA i believe.

i think we have alot of guys in key spots coming up for pay days.

dannyek71
03-11-2005, 10:34 AM
we'll be loosing alot next year.....

As sad as it is, this may be our last hurrah for a while.

djjimkelly
03-11-2005, 10:49 AM
honestly i think we find a way to keep nate and mcgee call it intuition call it whatever. but drew money comes off the books. this year cap of ours seems to be inflated with incentive and roster bonuses. and big mike will be reworked i think we will be fine. only guy i dont expect back is fletcher. i think we let guys go this year so we can sign our own guys next year.

lets face it JJ was not elite a solid player but not a cant miss LT and even though i love big pat he is one the wrong side of 30 and u cant keep every one.

u know im starting to get sick of media portraying us as either cheap or following the patriots model. TD spent a good amount of jack the first couple years here. there is a reason why he is spending like a drunken sailor this year. i already know people will be jumping at me and saying he doesnt have the room. i know he doesnt have huge space but if he really wanted space a few small cuts would create space real fast if he wanted someone!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-11-2005, 10:50 AM
IF our untested veteran backups can play solid, we should still be ok.
I can't imagine our cap # being any better than this year...and this year sucks.
I think Donahoe planned on having seen some big results by this point, and mortgaged our future on the past few years. Too bad they screwed that up.

Forward_Lateral
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
nate clements, kevin thomas, and terance mcgee are FAs.

teague is a FA i believe.

moulds cap number will have to be reworked again or he is gone.

london fletcher is a FA i believe.

i think we have alot of guys in key spots coming up for pay days.

McGee will be a RFA
I don't think Fletcher is a FA. I thought he was too, but I was wrong.

Iehoshua
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
we'll be loosing alot next year.....

As sad as it is, this may be our last hurrah for a while.
We haven't had a hurrah since '99...

Forward_Lateral
03-11-2005, 10:53 AM
We aren't losing that much, if we can lock down Clements and McGee, we'll be fine. McGee is Restricted, so that makes retaining him a bit easier.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=66530

Tatonka
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
the bills will take a CB on the first day of the draft.

djjimkelly
03-11-2005, 11:05 AM
i just looked up who are our key FA's after next year
and there are only 2 starters

clements and milloy

mcgee will be a RFA

fletcher will still have 2 years left on his deal

djjimkelly
03-11-2005, 11:20 AM
u know lol another point im not not trying to be mr happy but i definately want to get some out of this doom and gloom becuz we havent spent like a drunken sailor for the second year str8. but last year TD knew 3 guys were gonna be FA's lol do u guys think he didnt make right choice? im not saying schobel is second comig of bruce smith but who on FA market is near schobel? he took care of what he knew he couldnt just get out there. he WILL do the same this year.

i know peoples salaries rise with each season (their base) but big mike highly doubt he has another 3 mil roster bonus even if the keep his current deal. nate is roughly counting 4 mil on cap im sure with a huge bonus and big contract structured properly it will be similar(the cap numbers in early years anyway)

Forward_Lateral
03-11-2005, 11:42 AM
i just looked up who are our key FA's after next year
and there are only 2 starters

clements and milloy

mcgee will be a RFA

fletcher will still have 2 years left on his deal

Milloy is not a FA after this season.