PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Lions Finalists for DeMulling

McClane
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bills | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:48 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions. The Bills are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Monday, March 7.

Sportsuser101
03-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice.. hopefully he signs.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
What would this mean for the line? Does it mean Teague moves to left tackle? Not sure if I am big on that.

Sportsuser101
03-11-2005, 02:08 PM
What would this mean for the line? Does it mean Teague moves to left tackle? Not sure if I am big on that.
I'd assume DeMulling to LG.

dannyek71
03-11-2005, 02:12 PM
teague to LT

why cant peters play LG? (joke)

Kerr
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
I think he'll sign with us.

ScottLawrence
03-11-2005, 02:24 PM
IMO, it would mean:

LT-Teague
LG-Gandy/Tucker
C-DeMulling
RG-Villarrial
RT-Williams

Mudflap1
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
He'd be good. We'll see if TD can get him.

Jon

McClane
03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
I think even if we get him the line will not be set...(Womack, Shelton, draft)...

Mudflap1
03-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Agreed.

Jon

Italian Stallion
03-11-2005, 02:34 PM
We'll see if TD is willing to overpay a little here, the Lions and Millen are usually free spenders when they like someone, and TD is always tight with his money....i ask this question tho....what do we do if we dont get him??

I don't wanna here this ***** that we payed x-amount of money to Villeriail (whatever) and he doesn't want to give that out again....i got news for TD, DeMulling will want at least 15-20 mil and 4-6 mil SB...

If TD doesn't slightly overpay for this position of NEED, saying that we dont have the money and he dosent wanna overpay, and keeps DEFENSIVE BACKUPS in Prileau (whatever) and Wire counting at least over a mil each against the cap, AND FAT MIKE 9 mil, then I'm gonna hurt someone....

We need oline improvement.......flat out final answer...and Gandy makes me barf

ZacGriffi~82
03-11-2005, 02:37 PM
He a ****ing left guard and he'll play LG. I don't understand why you want to move teague to tackle after he showed great improvement at center.

Mudflap1
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
If McNally thinks Teague can play LT, then I say let him compete at LT, and put DeMulling and Tucker at C and LG. However, I don't necessarily want to bank J.P. Losman's blindside on Trey Teague at this point, it would be nice to have some other competition (Womack?).

Jon

dannyek71
03-11-2005, 02:52 PM
why not
LT Teague
LG Demulling
C Tucker
RG Virrall
RT Williams

Gandy to backup....Why are we signing more people when we still have Pucillo riding the pine. I really liked what he showed last year.....

deathadder
03-11-2005, 02:54 PM
why not
LT Teague
LG Demulling
C Tucker
RG Virrall
RT Williams

Gandy to backup....Why are we signing more people when we still have Pucillo riding the pine. I really liked what he showed last year.....

We don't have Pucillo anymore. The Bills never tendered him a contract, making him a Free Agent.

dannyek71
03-11-2005, 02:56 PM
We don't have Pucillo anymore. The Bills never tendered him a contract, making him a Free Agent.

No Pucillo....

Lets just forfeit the season alreayd. With no big Mikey P I already call this a rebuilding year and throw in the towel

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 02:58 PM
He a ****ing left guard and he'll play LG. I don't understand why you want to move teague to tackle after he showed great improvement at center.

Its not that we want to move teague to tackle it is the fact that we don't have anyone to play left tackle and Teague has exp there. I think it would be more likely that Tucker moves to center though.

mysticsoto
03-11-2005, 03:05 PM
B'cse Teague may be adequate as a center for his atheleticism/speed to pull out when needed, but he's not strong/bulky enough to make a push forward and move the entire line with him. Nor is he strong enough to move a DT out of the way and let WM run up the middle. How many times did you ever see WM run up the middle? Never. He always had to run to his right where Chris and MW were and allow them to open up holes. Teague makes more sense at T b'cse he's got speed and can keep up with a DE.

I say put Tucker or Mulling as C and also draft a Center to maybe take over next year. I'd also like to draft a T also - but that may depend on how McFarland and/or Peters is looking so far - either way, it probably doesn't hurt to draft an OT. We're probably fine at Guard for now.

Iehoshua
03-11-2005, 03:07 PM
No Pucillo....

Lets just forfeit the season alreayd. With no big Mikey P I already call this a rebuilding year and throw in the towel
I agree. TD is obviously not serious about winning if he was willing to let a catch like Pucillo go...

EDS
03-11-2005, 03:14 PM
B'cse Teague may be adequate as a center for his atheleticism/speed to pull out when needed, but he's not strong/bulky enough to make a push forward and move the entire line with him. Nor is he strong enough to move a DT out of the way and let WM run up the middle. How many times did you ever see WM run up the middle? Never. He always had to run to his right where Chris and MW were and allow them to open up holes. Teague makes more sense at T b'cse he's got speed and can keep up with a DE.

I say put Tucker or Mulling as C and also draft a Center to maybe take over next year. I'd also like to draft a T also - but that may depend on how McFarland and/or Peters is looking so far - either way, it probably doesn't hurt to draft an OT. We're probably fine at Guard for now.

Is DeMulling any bigger then Teague? I thought he was right at 300 lbs just like Teague?

Dicknoze69
03-11-2005, 03:16 PM
No Pucillo....

Guess I might as well throw out my prized Mike Pucillo autographed football...

BuffaloRanger
03-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Womack
Demulling
Draft Pick
Villariel
Williams

TT back-up C/T
Gandy/Tucker backup Gs

That's a dream of course. It doesn't leave room for projects like Denney and Peters.

djjimkelly
03-11-2005, 03:20 PM
by the way gandy did play LT for bears for alot of games. not that he is who i want there but just pointing this out

The_Philster
03-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Thank God :pray:

No Pucillo....

Lets just forfeit the season alreayd. With no big Mikey P I already call this a rebuilding year and throw in the towelI hope you're joking about him being even an asset to the Bills...only RG I've ever seen actually help a DT sack his QB
Pucillo :negrep:

LifetimeBillsFan
03-11-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd much rather see the Bills get DeMulling than Womack, even though it would probably mean moving Teague to LT. DeMulling was a solid starter on a pretty good O-line in Indy, while Womack bounced around, playing mostly on the right side, on a so-so line in Seattle and was hurt for part of last season.

As mysticsoto pointed out, Teague's problems at center have been because he lacks the bulk to handle big DTs, but, because of those problems since he's been here, a lot of people seem to forget that Teague had a number of starts at LT for Denver before we signed him and didn't do badly for them.

While DeMulling played some center for Indy last season and I believe that I read that Gandy also played a little center as well, Tucker did a pretty decent job filling in for Teague at center last season and I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills didn't give him a shot to win the starting job there with DeMulling staying at the LG spot where he played well for Indy. Also, I see Gandy as being a younger replacement for M.Price--a guy who can fill in at any position along the line and possibly push Teague at the LT spot.
I think that signing DeMulling would be a huge move for the Bills. It would allow them to go after a young center in the draft--which is deep at the center position. Teague was signed as a LT and is being paid tackle money, let him play the position and show what he can do there, knowing that, if he fails, you have Gandy and, perhaps, a cheap young player who can step in for him if need be.

Mr. Cynical
03-11-2005, 05:15 PM
For those that want TT at LT, you may want to keep this in mind:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#999999 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD class=text16B align=middle colSpan=3>70, Trey Teague, C, Buffalo Bills</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 width="26%"> Height: 6-5</TD><TD class=text11 width="40%"> Weight: 300</TD><TD class=text11 width="34%"> Experience: 7 years</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 width="26%"> Born: 12/27/1974</TD><TD class=text11 width="40%"> Birthplace: Jackson, TN</TD><TD class=text11 width="34%"> College: Tennessee</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><LINK href="/stats/nflinfo/nfl_stylesheet.css" rel=stylesheet>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#999999><TD class=text11B vAlign=top align=middle colSpan=10>Career Offensive Line Stats</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#cccccc><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom align=left width="9%">Year</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom align=left width="9%">Team</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">G</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">GS</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">Pen</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">Yds</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="10%">False Start</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">Holding</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">Sacks Allwd</TD><TD class=text11B vAlign=bottom width="9%">Yds</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>1999</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Den (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=07)</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>4</TD><TD class=text11>4</TD><TD class=text11>35</TD><TD class=text11>1</TD><TD class=text11>3</TD><TD class=text11>1.50</TD><TD class=text11>5.00</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>2000</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Den (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=07)</TD><TD class=text11>2</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>0.00</TD><TD class=text11>0.00</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>2001</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Den (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=07)</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>2</TD><TD class=text11>15</TD><TD class=text11>1</TD><TD class=text11>1</TD><TD class=text11>11.25</TD><TD class=text11>56.00</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>2002</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Buf (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=02)</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>5</TD><TD class=text11>50</TD><TD class=text11>1</TD><TD class=text11>3</TD><TD class=text11>5.00</TD><TD class=text11>43.50</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>2003</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Buf (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=02)</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>16</TD><TD class=text11>4</TD><TD class=text11>40</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>4</TD><TD class=text11>0.50</TD><TD class=text11>3.00</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=text11 align=left>2004</TD><TD class=text11 align=left>Buf (http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/teams.asp?team=02)</TD><TD class=text11>12</TD><TD class=text11>12</TD><TD class=text11>2</TD><TD class=text11>20</TD><TD class=text11>0</TD><TD class=text11>2</TD><TD class=text11>0.00</TD><TD class=text11>0.00</TD></TR><TR align=right bgColor=#cccccc><TD class=text11B align=left colSpan=2>Totals</TD><TD class=text11B>78</TD><TD class=text11B>64</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD><TD class=text11B>-</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Honestly I think he should be a backup lineman and be replaced at C with a draft pick. IMO, we still have not found our LT yet. It is THE most position on the line and we can't fk around with it.

Jersey1031
03-11-2005, 05:44 PM
hopin we sign DeMulling to play center...

Tatonka
03-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Is DeMulling any bigger then Teague? I thought he was right at 300 lbs just like Teague?

he is.. and he is no better at run blocking either.. so it really doesnt make any sense to put him there when teague is already settled at center..

i say just draft a LT if we cant get womack or shelton.

Tatonka
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I'd much rather see the Bills get DeMulling than Womack, even though it would probably mean moving Teague to LT. DeMulling was a solid starter on a pretty good O-line in Indy, while Womack bounced around, playing mostly on the right side, on a so-so line in Seattle and was hurt for part of last season.

womack moved around on the line because of necessity.. and there oline has been one of the best.. not anything close to so-so.

womack has been a back up behind 2 of the best tackles in the league.. on most other teams, he is easily a starter.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 05:58 PM
womack moved around on the line because of necessity.. and there oline has been one of the best.. not anything close to so-so.

womack has been a back up behind 2 of the best tackles in the league.. on most other teams, he is easily a starter.
Agreed. :clap:

Mahdi
03-11-2005, 06:16 PM
The best and a realistic situation I see for our line is: Womack DeMulling Draft Villarial Mike

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 06:19 PM
WTF are we going to do with Teague then? He is making big money. Would you rather Start a rookie than Teague at center?

Jersey1031
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
The best and a realistic situation I see for our line is: Womack DeMulling Draft Villarial Mike

how about teague gets one last try, maybe he's a slow learner...
Womack DeMulling Teague Villarial Mike

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't think that Teague was horrible last year. He wasnt a probowler but adequate.

McClane
03-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I can def live with that..I'm sure we all could...

Plus draft for future replacements/reserves....

Mahdi
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
WTF are we going to do with Teague then? He is making big money. Would you rather Start a rookie than Teague at center?
Obviously it would depend on which center we drafted. But yes I would rather have a rookie at center especially if he could run block better. Teague doesnt allow many sacks and doesnt draw many flags but he also doesnt open up holes for willis which is crucial for a center on a power football team with a rookie QB.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2005, 06:46 PM
If we drafted one of the top Centers maybe, but he would still be a rookie. I think Teauge might get a shot at LT possibly if this happened.

Sportsuser101
03-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Obviously it would depend on which center we drafted. But yes I would rather have a rookie at center especially if he could run block better. Teague doesnt allow many sacks and doesnt draw many flags but he also doesnt open up holes for willis which is crucial for a center on a power football team with a rookie QB.
Willis looked pretty good last year. I'm sure TT had something to do with that. I like TT and he has shown especially last year that he is a good center. He can pass block, doesn't get stupid penalties, can pull well and isn't terrible at run blocking. He got very good late in the year at run blocking. I'm very happy with our center position for this year. We still need to draft a center unless we feel confident with Tucker at center. Either way I'd like TT there and not move him outside either. In the end I really think this how it will work out or at least how I hope it works out.

LT Shelton LG DeMulling C Teague RG Villarrial RT Williams

Michael82
03-11-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm very comfortable with that line. IMO, we wouldn't have to sign anyone else for our offense. That's the kind of line to make some holes for McGahee and give our rookie Losman the time to make some nice throws to Moulds, Evans and Reed. :dance:

thebuffalobills4
03-11-2005, 10:07 PM
these are the reasons the bills are going to get demulling..........
he said our organazation was great
also said we have very good faclities,
plus he said we got a wild crowd with a bunch of die hard bills fans that teams would die for.
and said buffalo was a nice place to live.
and thats my point. :peace: :bow:

tampabay25690
03-11-2005, 11:02 PM

Great point I dont think Teague is moving anywhere and WHY would he......

B-DON
03-12-2005, 01:36 AM
tt onlygave up1/2 a sack in 2 years and you guys are calling for his head. get real tt is going no where and he is a very underrated center. some player has to always be the whipping boy, why? you guys are *****in about nothing here

Mahdi
03-12-2005, 02:01 AM
tt onlygave up1/2 a sack in 2 years and you guys are calling for his head. get real tt is going no where and he is a very underrated center. some player has to always be the whipping boy, why? you guys are *****in about nothing here
I dont think anyone denies his pass blcoking ability...its his run blocking that is in question. I am not completely opposed to having teague at center, especially if McNally likes him there.....I would just prefer a better run blocker at center.

Sportsuser101
03-12-2005, 11:23 AM
these are the reasons the bills are going to get demulling..........
he said our organazation was great
also said we have very good faclities,
plus he said we got a wild crowd with a bunch of die hard bills fans that teams would die for.
and said buffalo was a nice place to live.
and thats my point. :peace: :bow:
And there are reasons he won't.

:zb: