X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Henry blocking trade......

Schefter just said on NFLTA that Henry is asking for a 7 Mil SB which is what Lamont Jordan got, and that no one is willing to pay it. I agree that he should be getting what Lamont got and probably more, but if he doesnt lower his demands he'll be a bill unfortunately.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Thats fine with me. Then we will have a solid backup.

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      Thats fine with me. Then we will have a solid backup.

solid backup for a year, and nothing in return when he leaves after his contract expires next year...
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Finch1031
        solid backup for a year, and nothing in return when he leaves after his contract expires next year...
        Screw it, I'd keep him, and play Shaud Williams as much as possible....Drive his value right into the ground, and he'll be 2 seasons removed from being a capable starter....
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Big deal. Doesn't look like we are going to get much for him this year anyways.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
            Screw it, I'd keep him, and play Shaud Williams as much as possible....Drive his value right into the ground, and he'll be 2 seasons removed from being a capable starter....
            Why the hate? Can you fault Travis for wanting to move on? He bit the bullet last year, now he wants a chance to start again. What is wrong with that?

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

That does nothing to help our football team though.....

Comment

• Jersey1031
                • Feb 2003

Why the hate? Can you fault Travis for wanting to move on? He bit the bullet last year, now he wants a chance to start again. What is wrong with that?

nothing at all, but he should be reasonable with his demands so we can get this trade along...
                "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

exactly. I think it would be stupid to play a 3rd string running back over a much better 2nd stringer just to spite him.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Finch1031
                    nothing at all, but he should be reasonable with his demands so we can get this trade along...
                    If Lamont Jordan just got the same contract and henry is a better player I think he is being reasonable.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                      Knows More Than You
                      • Feb 2004

Whats wrong with it is you need to know what you are...and what you arn't..

He is in no position to choose where he wants to go, he's under contract, and isn't of the calabier of Edge, Alexander to have a say in where he lands....The smartest thing for him would be to leave B-Lo and, even if it's for a 1 year contract, play his heart out to earn that big contract....

Why did Lamont Jordan get that kinda money? While I agree that Henry is pretty comparable to him (although jordan is slightly better in my opinion.), he played and was effective in the role he was in last year....Henry---> lost his job to a "rookie" and got "hurt" yet again...Jordan was getting the ball in the playoffs and being effective with it
                      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                        Knows More Than You
                        • Feb 2004

What I'm basically saying is that Henry will only hurt himself by asking for comparable numbers to other backs...why? Because I fully believe that outsiders views on him arn't as high as us Buffalo, or even AFC East people...He will end up back here, and that hurts him more, $$$$ and reputation wise than he may realize right now
                        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Whats wrong with it is you need to know what you are...and what you arn't..

He is in no position to choose where he wants to go, he's under contract, and isn't of the calabier of Edge, Alexander to have a say in where he lands....The smartest thing for him would be to leave B-Lo and, even if it's for a 1 year contract, play his heart out to earn that big contract....

Why did Lamont Jordan get that kinda money? While I agree that Henry is pretty comparable to him (although jordan is slightly better in my opinion.), he played and was effective in the role he was in last year....Henry---> lost his job to a "rookie" and got "hurt" yet again...Jordan was getting the ball in the playoffs and being effective with it
                          If Henry is comparable to Jordan and Jordan just got that money what is Henry supposed to think?? Henry is a 2 time 1300 yard rusher. What has Jordan ever done?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

What I'm basically saying is that Henry will only hurt himself by asking for comparable numbers to other backs...why? Because I fully believe that outsiders views on him arn't as high as us Buffalo, or even AFC East people...He will end up back here, and that hurts him more, $$$$ and reputation wise than he may realize right now
                            I dont disagree with this logic but I can also see why he would ask for what he is asking for.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Schefter just said on NFLTA that Henry is asking for a 7 Mil SB which is what Lamont Jordan got, and that no one is willing to pay it. I agree that he should be getting what Lamont got and probably more, but if he doesnt lower his demands he'll be a bill unfortunately.
                              I don't get the fascination with Jordan...

Comment

Working...
                              X