PDA

View Full Version : Womack at Guard...

Romes
03-11-2005, 06:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2010303

Floyd "Pork Chop" Womack played mostly at right tackle in Seattle but several teams, including Buffalo and Green Bay, are considering the unrestricted free agent as a guard

Well, infering from recent knews about DeMulling and the Bills negotiating with him, it appears that DeMulling is TD's first choice and the backup option is Womack. It doesn't seem like we will be signing another OL because there just aren't any more out there. And with this tidbit and even though they are only "considering" it, we should start mentally preparing for the fact that Teague is going to be our LT this next year.

I'd bet our line will end up being: Teague-DeMulling/Womack-Tucker-Villarial-Williams

Sportsuser101
03-11-2005, 07:09 PM
That is 1 white line.

Michael82
03-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't see that. Teague sucked at tackle and if we get a guy like Womack, he would make a better LT than Teague.

Bmax
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM
They just better be able to block......I would rather have womack ..because it's just harder to find tackles...If we sign demulling we have to draft a tackle in rd two ...

Bmax

Tatonka
03-11-2005, 10:39 PM
god damn it.

tampabay25690
03-11-2005, 10:59 PM
I still think are Left Tackle will be Shelton!!!!

TigerJ
03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Then there is Jason Peters.

Bills 4 life
03-11-2005, 11:31 PM
NUGENT IN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throne Logic
03-12-2005, 01:32 AM
I can't say as I'm thrilled with the idea of "Pork Chop" as Losman's blindside protection. This is a downgrade from Jennings in every way, shape, and form. Not that I'm suggesting that we should have resigned Jennings at the $$ he got from San Fran.

I just hope TD has something else in the works or at least in mind. Maybe Shelton is still an option, if not for Henry, but for draft picks?

jamze132
03-12-2005, 08:50 AM
NUGENT IN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap:

keithg
03-12-2005, 08:53 AM
If Teague is indeed our LT next year and we pick up DeMulling/Womack for LG and keep the right side the same with Villy and big Mike, I would like the Bills to land the best center with their first pick. Plug in a Chris Spencer or Baas at center and that is a pretty good line IMO. I think Teague would be adequate at LT especially if Mouse feels he can improve his footwork and technique from his Denver days. I would not be unhappy with that line.

The Spaz
03-12-2005, 09:00 AM
You put Womack at LT and DeMulling at LG and maybe draft a center and we are set.

Yasgur's Farm
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Mike Williams is our best tackle by far. He'll be our best tackle no matter if we sign Demulling and/or Womack.

To me that means Mike Williams is our new LT. Regardless of his success (or lack thereof) he is the best we'll have to fill that position. Better than Teague. Better than Womack. Better than Gandy. Better than Peters. Better than McFarland. Better than Price (If we resign him).

The Bills would be better off choosing from the above cast of players for their RT. IMO... If we sign Womack, he's da man at RT. If we sign DeMulling, he's our center and Teague's our RT. If Peters has made nice progress, he could be an excellent tackle.

Sportsuser101
03-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Nugent in the 2nd lol