PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee

kwharter
03-12-2005, 01:01 AM
I talked to a friend of mine who went to the University of Miami and knows Willis McGahee and said that McGahee had the same injury in High school as the one he had in the Fiesta Bowl. Same knee only was the other tendons. Hmm I just hope this is not a trend for him. As to tearing his tendons at every level. Hopefully he stays healthy for the rest of his Bills career. Just a little info for you all. This might be the reason that Henry has not left yet.

mypoorfriendme
03-12-2005, 02:20 AM
this is pretty well known information, and before anyone drafted him, he went through extensive xrays during the combine...what they also know now is that the knee that was restructured after the high school injury is now stronger than it was before...same thing applies to the new knee. he is just as liable to tear up his knees as any other back in the nfl.

jamze132
03-12-2005, 07:40 AM
this is pretty well known information, and before anyone drafted him, he went through extensive xrays during the combine...what they also know now is that the knee that was restructured after the high school injury is now stronger than it was before...same thing applies to the new knee. he is just as liable to tear up his knees as any other back in the nfl.
True! Lets just hope it doesn't happen. :pray:

ryjam282
03-12-2005, 08:03 AM
He has much a chance to do it to his knees again as Shaud Williams or Joe Burns or anyone in the league. He will be fine, it is usually some kind of freak thing when it happens....I hope he stays healthy too...We need him.

jamze132
03-12-2005, 08:43 AM
If Henry is traded and Willis go's down, we might be in some serious trouble. He is a HUGE part of our offense. But **** happens.

mayotm
03-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I talked to a friend of mine who went to the University of Miami and knows Willis McGahee and said that McGahee had the same injury in High school as the one he had in the Fiesta Bowl. Same knee only was the other tendons. Hmm I just hope this is not a trend for him. As to tearing his tendons at every level. Hopefully he stays healthy for the rest of his Bills career. Just a little info for you all. This might be the reason that Henry has not left yet.
It's not the reason they haven't traded Henry. They will trade Henry when they get the right offer. As far as Wills' injuries in the past, Thurman Thomas was also coming off a major injury when the Bills drafted him. He turned out OK.

TigerJ
03-12-2005, 01:33 PM
As I understand it, when doctors do this kind of surgery, if the ligament is replaced, the replacement tissue they use is actually stronger than the original. Thus, in theory at least, the same ligament is less prone to have the same injury in the future, though if you got hit like McGahee got hit, I doubt if a ligament made of stainless steel would have held up.

Tatonka
03-12-2005, 02:00 PM
actually, his injury in high school was not near the severity that the fiesta bowl injury was.. your friend is incorrect.