PDA

View Full Version : Urlacher "Very Questionable" Against the Dolphins

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 01:30 AM
:xplode:

The injurys continue to pile up for the Bears, A-train is out for the season, TE Dustin Lyman will miss the rest of the season because of a torn ligament in his left knee. He will have surgery on the knee and will require up to 10 months of rehabilitation,

And worst of all...LB Brian Urlacher did not practice on Dec. 6 because of his left shoulder stinger and is very questionable for the Dec. 9 game vs. the Dolphins, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

I just saw on espn that they don't want to risk further injury so they will most likly sit him considering that their record is 3-9 all they are playing for is a better draft pick. Urlacher is too young and too good to risk a carrer injury in a meaningless game for them.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 02:13 AM
Gee that's too bad.

WG
12-07-2002, 08:23 AM
LOL

Yeah, after last week, I expect Miami to blow Chicago a new one.

Earthquake Enyart
12-07-2002, 10:01 AM
When they play Henry Burris, you know they have given up. They want to be in the Byron Leftwich derby.

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
Gee that's too bad.

Yeah it is.... I would have liked Brian to "meet" Jay and or Ray.

:D

Dozerdog
12-07-2002, 01:07 PM
If Miami doesn't embarass them, then the fins should hang it up

WCoastFin
12-07-2002, 01:42 PM
yup, The bears will probably want to get at Wanny bad and I dont think we should over look this game...but we will win the game....I just wish they would hand us the W and make it easier for both sides and save ourselves some meaningless injuries, kinda have like a bye week.

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 02:12 PM
I still dont see the Fins coasting through this game. The bears are still a good team even with all the injurys.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 02:33 PM
So long as Miami wins, it would be terrific if the Bears played very well. Miami will need a complete game with a credible passing attack in order to beat Oakland the following week. A tough Chicago game would be ideal.

If it's close because Miami looks sloppy, I'll be worried. If it's close because Chicago plays well, it's the absolute ideal way to get Fiedler (and Carter, to a lesser exent) back into action.

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey Dolphinatic, is Feidler starting the game this weekend?

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Yes, Fiedler starts. Cris Carter will be the #3 receiver.

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Should be interesting to see how they play.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it's the key thing to watch to see how Miami might do against Oakland. Fiedler doesn't have to be spectacular, just play smart and make defenses pay a price if they put eight men up to stop Ricky.

Production from Carter would be a nice bonus, but I don't think we need great things from him.

The Natrix
12-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it's the key thing

Yeah, it is :rolleyes:

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Even if Fins win against the Bears, they still have to get by Oakland, Vikes, and the Patriots. Honestly it makes more sense for them to win this one.

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Even if Fins win against the Bears, they still have to get by Oakland, Vikes, and the Patriots. Honestly it makes more sense for them to win this one.

Even though I don't think it will happen.... but wouldn't it be "amusing" if the "fishies" lost 4? :D

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Even though I don't think it will happen.... but wouldn't it be "amusing" if the "fishies" lost 4? :D
I'd laugh

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 05:28 PM

I'd laugh

See, now that's just mean.

If the Bills lost their last four, I wouldn't laugh.

I'm not sure I'd even notice anything particularly out of the ordinary.

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 05:32 PM
:lol:

Dolphinatic:sukrpnch:Cntry

;)

lordofgun
12-07-2002, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Fiedler struggle this week. Reports are that he's been hurting all week, and I saw pictures of him grimmacing on the sidelines while holding his wrist this week.

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 05:37 PM

See, now that's just mean.

If the Bills lost their last four, I wouldn't laugh.

I'm not sure I'd even notice anything particularly out of the ordinary. :ontome:

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Hm, I've read the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach coverage, and I haven't seen any reports of Fiedler hurting. Can't find anything like that on the wires either.

By the way, it was the thumb that was injured, not the wrist.

Let me know if Ricky is abducted by aliens.

lordofgun
12-07-2002, 05:42 PM
I realize it was the thumb, but the natural thing to do is hold your wrist when any part of your hand is hurting.

lordofgun
12-07-2002, 05:44 PM
pic from wednesday practice...

http://www.rr.com/v5/images/ap/JPC101120412.jpg

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I wouldn't be surprised to see Fiedler struggle this week. Reports are that he's been hurting all week, and I saw pictures of him grimmacing on the sidelines while holding his wrist this week.

I haven't seen those pics, but it doesn't surprise me. Seems like they are rushing him back in. Lucas was starting to "click". Lucas is listed as 2nd, but I was wondering if it wouldn't be better for the phins to start him instead of Fiedler. (This is assuming that Lucas is back at 100% from his injury) There's alot of phin fans here that were excited that Fiedler was going back in last week, I was stunned at how they were bad mouthing Lucas (granted he sucked the first game).... :shakeno:

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 05:48 PM
I understand you're still hoping for 4-0 and a playoff berth. And why not? I would too.

But you aren't really counting on Miami losing to Chicago, at home, as part of the formula. Are you?

I mean, I don't think you can go 4-0, but I'm hardly counting on Cincy as the spoiler.

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 05:53 PM
I understand you're still hoping for 4-0 and a playoff berth. And why not? I would too.

But you aren't really counting on Miami losing to Chicago, at home, as part of the formula. Are you?

I mean, I don't think you can go 4-0, but I'm hardly counting on Cincy as the spoiler.

I honestly don't think we'll go 4-0 (or that we are ready for the PO's. Our D stinks) But I can still hope/wish.

I honestly don't think that Miami will lose to Chicago, but I can still hope/wish. (The bears have too many injuries, but maybe they'll get lucky)

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm not - If Miami loses to Chicago they don't even deserve a playoff birth.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Seems like they are rushing him back in. ... There's alot of phin fans here that were excited that Fiedler was going back in last week, I was stunned at how they were bad mouthing Lucas (granted he sucked the first game).... :shakeno:

Fiedler was expected to be out 4 weeks initially; it's been six. So I don't think they're rushing him.

Lucas didn't just suck in the first game. He's cracked at critical times. The Green Bay game was put out of reach by an int returned for a touchdown late; i think we were driving to tie, or to get close. It wasn't just a bad pass - it was into triple coverage, deep in GB territory.

Against the Jets, we were just about in field goal range to tie at the end. On 2nd & 3, Lucas takes a sack. Then on 3rd and again 4th and long, he throws two passes in the ground. Neither was catchable - the Jets didn't even have to make a defensive play. (Wannstadt: "Ray, it's 4th down, you can throw a pick, just don't throw it out of bounds, into the dirt, or short of the marker." Lucas: "d'oh")

Last week, on that 2nd qtr fumble, the play called was a quick slant. He was supposed to get rid of the ball if it wasn't open. He held it instead. You know the rest.

I understand your wanting to see Lucas start. I'm sure the Bears do too. I'll take my chances with Jay. But thanks for thinking of us.

fabolouspaul
12-07-2002, 06:05 PM
I like WCF more than Dolphinatic.

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 06:05 PM
That's one incredible list.......................................of excuses. Face it Lucas blows and Fiedler is just a little better. Relax, you still have Sage Roseypalms.:crazed:

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 06:07 PM
I understand your wanting to see Lucas start. I'm sure the Bears do too. I'll take my chances with Jay. But thanks for thinking of us.

lol - since you put it that way. ;)

I knew he was originally supposed to be out for 4.. but I thought I read something where it had been extended to 6. I'll have to check the "updates" that I post in the "nfl zone".
:scratch:

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
I like WCF more than Dolphinatic.

Is it the avatar?

That's one incredible list.......................................of excuses. Face it Lucas blows and Fiedler is just a little better. Relax, you still have Sage Roseypalms.:crazed:

hmmm... I didn't think dophinatic was being uptight.
:scratch:

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 06:09 PM
That's one incredible list.......................................of excuses.

They aren't excuses. It's just a list of instances where Lucas has screwed up at critical times. Nothing more or less.

I can type slower, if that would help.

fabolouspaul
12-07-2002, 06:11 PM
I just think WCF makes more sense and is more funny.

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
I just think WCF makes more sense and is more funny.

I'm sure you're right.

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 06:26 PM

I can type slower, if that would help.

If that helps you understand that they are excuses, then by all means

:madhop:

Dolphinatic
12-07-2002, 06:32 PM

If that helps you understand that they are excuses, then by all means

:madhop:

I guess I don't understand what you mean by excuses. I haven't said those plays were why we lost. I haven't claimed what our record would be otherwise. I've just used them as examples of how Lucas, even when playing reasonably well (vs. GB, Jets, even last week) has made his mistakes at the worst possible times.

If I were to say Miami really should be 0-12, those would still be bad plays at critical times. If I say the Bills should have won 50 last week, Lucas' fumble was still a bonehead play, given the instructions he supposedly had.

Where's the excuse-making?

RedEyE
12-07-2002, 06:36 PM

I guess I don't understand what you mean by excuses. I haven't said those plays were why we lost. I haven't claimed what our record would be otherwise. I've just used them as examples of how Lucas, even when playing reasonably well (vs. GB, Jets, even last week) has made his mistakes at the worst possible times.

If I were to say Miami really should be 0-12, those would still be bad plays at critical times. If I say the Bills should have won 50 last week, Lucas' fumble was still a bonehead play, given the instructions he supposedly had.

Where's the excuse-making?

:lolcry: I'm bored and I'm just trying to get under your skin. Honestly, I could care less ~ excuses, instances, examples. Truthfully, I didn't even read your entire post of "instances". This just hapened to be one of the few currently active threads with a targeted fish fan on board.

Cntrygal
12-07-2002, 06:46 PM

:lolcry: I'm bored and I'm just trying to get under your skin. Honestly, I could care less ~ excuses, instances, examples. Truthfully, I didn't even read your entire post of "instances". This just hapened to be one of the few currently active threads with a targeted fish fan on board.

:lol:

:squish:

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 07:07 PM
Stop giving the new guy a hard time, even if he is a fin fan :dink:

justasportsfan
12-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Fiedler is okay. He acts like he's hurt sometimes just incase he blows against the bears, he'll have his thumb as an excuse.