PDA

View Full Version : Why???

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 01:37 AM
why am i so sure that the bills will beat the pats this weekend? I live in New England so i will have to deal with endless crap if the pats sweep Bledsoe and the bills this year. The Bills season is on the line. They whooped us 38-7 last time we met. But i have never felt more confident before a game than i do this weekend.

:gobills: :gobills: :gobills: :gobills:

kgun12
12-07-2002, 01:55 AM
venis lets hope you are right. It would be nice to finish strong!

DIHARD2
12-07-2002, 02:17 AM
ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES,YES,YES

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

clumping platelets
12-07-2002, 02:38 AM
Bills :spanku: Pats

SABURZFAN
12-07-2002, 04:57 AM
i like the way you think venis.i hope you're right.

:gobills:

German
12-07-2002, 05:12 AM
I too have a good feeling about this game.
Too bad I won't be able to see it. They're showing the Bungels/Panthers game down here in SC. What a waste of air time.

clumping platelets
12-07-2002, 05:33 AM
Move to WNY ;)

WG
12-07-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by German
Too bad I won't be able to see it. They're showing the Bungels/Panthers game down here in SC. What a waste of air time.

Man, I hate it when they do that. I'm in the D.C. area, and a couple of years ago they did the same thing. I guess it's a little more justifiable here. What they should do is offer a competing game next to it at least. I guess they can't do that or that'd be 2 AFC games, eh.

Sorry bro! Tough one. Sports bar time... ;)

WG
12-07-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
why am i so sure that the bills will beat the pats this weekend? I live in New England so i will have to deal with endless crap if the pats sweep Bledsoe and the bills this year. The Bills season is on the line. They whooped us 38-7 last time we met. But i have never felt more confident before a game than i do this weekend.

:gobills: :gobills: :gobills: :gobills:

I sure hope so. But I think whichever team is more successful running the football will win this one. We're allowing 142.6 rush yards per game. That's not good, even when we face Smith. We've simply got to hold him under 100 and render the Pats' rushing game less or completely ineffective even.

shelby
12-07-2002, 08:13 AM
venis...i don't share your confidence...but i hope you are right.

German...find the Bills Backers bar:up:
:biggrin:

DIHARD2
12-07-2002, 08:25 AM
clumping platelets, I'm sure if you offer German a job that pays as good as the one he has in South Carolina he would move in a heartbeat. But unfortunately when you have a family, they definitely come first. LoL

I live here in South Carolina also and the Panthers which is South Carolina team as you know, is playing a AFC team. But what is strange is the Panthers are home so they should be on the Fox channel being that it is technically and NFC game. So this definitely sucks, when we are stuck watching two NFC games. One on ABC and the other one on Fox.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Captain gameboy
12-07-2002, 08:55 AM
I was never more confident before a game than I was prior to SB XXV. Oh well.

ublinkwescore
12-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by German

Go find yourself a sportsbar - that's what I do when I can't get the games on regular TV out here in Ca.

DIHARD2
12-07-2002, 12:41 PM
sports bars are great if you're young and you don't have a family. I wish they had them when I was in my 20s. But now it's hard to spend 3 or 4 dollars for a beer it is hard to justify it especially when you get older, it's hard when you know a sixpack only cost $6.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Dozerdog
12-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
sports bars are great if you're young and you don't have a family. I wish they had them when I was in my 20s. But now it's hard to spend 3 or 4 dollars for a beer it is hard to justify it especially when you get older, it's hard when you know a sixpack only cost $6.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!... Be creative- Fine your kid's allowances for things like "Breathing to loud" and stuff like that.

Tell the wife and family when you sneak out on Sundays that this is your 3 hours of giving back tot he community- you are heading out to help the poor.

If they grow suspicious when you return reeking of beer and smoke, thell them the poor drink a lot and smoke way to much... that's why they are poor...

lordofgun
12-07-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
But what is strange is the Panthers are home so they should be on the Fox channel being that it is technically and NFC game.

It's actually just the opposite. When an away NFC team plays an AFC team at home, FOX gets it. When an away AFC team plays a NFC team at home, CBS gets it.

It's all right there in the contract. Doesn't make much sense, but it's been that way for years now.

Dozerdog
12-07-2002, 02:06 PM
All away games are broadcast back to the home market. It's the away team's conference that determines what network carries the game.

AFC- CBS
NFC- Fox

ABC /ESPN The Sunday night MNF

It makes all the sense. The NFC is made up of the largets TV markets (Old NFL cities, NY, Chicago, Detroit, Philly, SF, Washington) Since there are more viewers in these markets (compared to AFC cities like Buffalo, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Indy, Jacksonville) the networks are charged accordingly.

Fox has to cough up $550 Million a season for 8 years (4.4 BILLION over the contract), CBS $500 Million (4 Billion). If an NFC team does not sell out, the game is not on local TV. They also have to split all the the number of games equally during the year between Fox and CBS. The best way was to come up with this simple formula.

Away team's Conference determines who gets the games.

This guarantees 14 of an NFCteam's games out of 16 every year are broadcasted on FOX (not taking into account MNF)

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Be creative- Fine your kid's allowances for things like "Breathing to loud" and stuff like that.

Tell the wife and family when you sneak out on Sundays that this is your 3 hours of giving back tot he community- you are heading out to help the poor.

If they grow suspicious when you return reeking of beer and smoke, thell them the poor drink a lot and smoke way to much... that's why they are poor...

:lol:

The Natrix
12-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Actually, I fear this game more than the Chargers and even the Packers game. I think a recent 38-7 drumming has something to do with it.

If we can beat the Pats this weekend, I like our chances of running the table all the way to the super bowl. Did I say to? I meant through.

Lets go Buffalo!

shelby
12-07-2002, 03:41 PM
i agree with you Nate....i think the Patsies have us cold. {imo y'all}
But a victory would be :angry:ing schweet!!!
:biggrin:

venis2k1
12-07-2002, 04:25 PM
I think if we fall behind early we will be all but cooked in that hostile enviroment, the pats fans know just how much this game means too. we have to run the ball early and run the ball often.

TigerJ
12-07-2002, 09:30 PM
DIHARD2: "But what is strange is the Panthers are home so they should be on the Fox channel being that it is technically and NFC game."

I think when a game is played between and AFC and an NFC team it is shown by the network that normally broadcasts the visiting team. If an NFC team (Panthers) host an AFC team (Bungles) the game should be on CBS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.