• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I can not believe the pure stupidity on BB.com

they have got to be the most ignorant bunch I have ever seen. Over and Over and Over does clump and others show them proof about the cap and explain it to them. they still refuse to realise how badly TD has screwed us cap wise.
  • thebuffalobills4
    • Aug 2004

:oldskool:
    micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• clumping platelets

TD has not screwed up the cap!

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
        they have got to be the most ignorant bunch I have ever seen. Over and Over and Over does clump and others show them proof about the cap and explain it to them. they still refuse to realise how badly TD has screwed us cap wise.

Then include me in the "ignorant bunch"

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
          TD has not screwed up the cap!

Clump- maybe people just like to see a lot of zeros.

I look at a team like the Vikings. Last year and this year they began way under the cap- maybe even at record levels. All that room to improve- and they don't. Instead of giving guys like Winfield a bonus, then using that cap space to get a few more defenders- they chose instead to consume a huge chunk of their free space into Winfield's contract- front loading instead of back loading the deal.

If it were part of a grander plan then sure. But it's a general consensus by many experts that the Vikes did this because Red McCombs was too cheap to come up with the cash for bonuses because he was selling the team.

If the Vikings spent a little more freely last year getting 3 or 4 solid defensive starters- then this team could have been a serious contender for an NFC championship. Instead, they blew a golden opportunity. That is why that franchise (IMHO) is a complete joke.

But- back on point. I guess we got to have that Yankee/Redskin mentality and break the bank for every name guy out there.

I like New England's and Philly's approach- spend very wisely. Let the perrenial 8-8 teams (or worse) spend tens of millions more on average- slightly above average guys like Jonas Jennings or McKenzie.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

I agree there's a bunch of idiots over there, but not for this reason.

That's why I left there and came here. Aren't you all so glad.

Comment

• Billsouth
              • Jul 2002

with all due respect to clump and whoever his buddy is, i dont think anyone has truly nailed what our cap situation is at this point,

if we had only 700k in cap room then how did we end up sigining 2 FAs.

more importantly, why would we even bring in FAs (why would they come)?
              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Billsouth
                with all due respect to clump and whoever his buddy is, i dont think anyone has truly nailed what our cap situation is at this point,

The Bills converted Schobel's $2 million roster bonus to signing bonus. That moved saved $1.6 million. Then the Bills signed Holcomb and Gandy

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth

Here we go again- The 700K is just a "paper" figure. If we need 2 million to sign someone, we restructure some contracts. If we need 4 million, we restructure contracts.

If we leave it alone and don't restructrure, it means we have more cap space next season. We can spend it now or later.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Sure he has Clump. Why are we one of the lowest teams in cap room? Mismangement that is why. Mike Williams contract is unacceptable and everyone knows it.

Tefflon Tom said we would never get in this situation again and he would not keep extending contracts to get us in the hole.

He has extended Bledsoe to which we are eating needed cap room. He extended moulds as well.

We will not be able to free up more room unless he cuts players, Trades players or extends contracts....the thing he said he wasn't going to do.

Other than Tampa (massively screwed thanks to woodson signing his franchise deal) Tampa and us, everyone else started with no less than 1.5 mill available before making the moves TD can make. I am sorry that is unacceptable.

If he were this cap Guru, why are we in this spot? I don't care about wiggleing around it... we shouldn't be here.

As for having cap room next year? Who fuggin cares? I for one am sick of this ****. already we have fans looking forward to 06 when the AFC East is ripe for the taking! Had we managed the cap better and had a better plan going into FA we could have shored up the OL with two guys by now and UPGRADED the offense.

You guys can make all the excuses you want, TD fugged up to this point. Make the playoffs or his ass is out of here, count on it!

Comment

• clumping platelets

You are incorrect

Comment

• hudella
                        • Jan 2005

ice you need to take a time out man, read what everyone is saying, we have room if needed. but if we dont need to sign antyone, its better we leave things how they are and take a bigger cap hit this year as opposed to next year. I perssonally dont need Tom to throw money around at players that arent worth it, to feel like we had a good offseason. I believe the teams core is largely in place, we just need to fill a couple holes, and if the right guy comes around at the right price we can fill them. I do think mike williams needs to realize he isnt worth that much money yet, but not many people would willingly take a pay cut because they felt they werent living up to their pay, and pretty much anyone we drafted at #4 was gunna cost a load of money. thats just how it works.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Phone call for Mr Donahoe... a MR Tom Donahoe.....some guy named "Ice"

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Sure he has Clump. Why are we one of the lowest teams in cap room? Mismangement that is why. Mike Williams contract is unacceptable and everyone knows it.

Tefflon Tom said we would never get in this situation again and he would not keep extending contracts to get us in the hole.

He has extended Bledsoe to which we are eating needed cap room. He extended moulds as well.

We will not be able to free up more room unless he cuts players, Trades players or extends contracts....the thing he said he wasn't going to do.

Other than Tampa (massively screwed thanks to woodson signing his franchise deal) Tampa and us, everyone else started with no less than 1.5 mill available before making the moves TD can make. I am sorry that is unacceptable.

If he were this cap Guru, why are we in this spot? I don't care about wiggleing around it... we shouldn't be here.

As for having cap room next year? Who fuggin cares? I for one am sick of this ****. already we have fans looking forward to 06 when the AFC East is ripe for the taking! Had we managed the cap better and had a better plan going into FA we could have shored up the OL with two guys by now and UPGRADED the offense.

You guys can make all the excuses you want, TD fugged up to this point. Make the playoffs or his ass is out of here, count on it!

What does Woodson's (who plays in Oakland, not Tampa) signing his franchise deal have to do with Tampa's cap situation? Just wondering...

Comment

• Throne Logic
                              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                              • Aug 2002

Actually, what you've just described here is near perfect CAP management. Your just refusing to step back and see it. In a way, the CAP is like a budget. TD has things balanced quite nicely.

Let's try to put this into a different perspective. Say you found a beautiful shiny new freezer to keep your cubes cold. You really want it, but so do three other people and there is only one available. So, you all submit your bids on the freezer. Would you go the local bank and take out a 4 year loan just in case you win the bid and need the money? No (at least I hope not). Prudence dictates that you'd research all your loan options and perhaps even pre-qualify for one. But you don't actually sign the papers to get that money until you know that freezer going to be yours. In the NFL, you can't pay off your "loans" early.

TD has researched his options. Teams wind up in "CAP jail" when they are hasty to push CAP money into the future without a good reason to do so. TD has done a supurb job of managing this situation.

As to the Mike Williams contract, well, if you draft a top 10 pick, you get stuck with signing them to a rediculous contract. Would you have been happy if TD traded down so he could have signed a player to a more "CAP friendly" contract?
                              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                              X