PDA

View Full Version : I can not believe the pure stupidity on BB.com

ICE74129
03-12-2005, 04:24 PM
they have got to be the most ignorant bunch I have ever seen. Over and Over and Over does clump and others show them proof about the cap and explain it to them. they still refuse to realise how badly TD has screwed us cap wise.

thebuffalobills4
03-12-2005, 04:49 PM
:question:

clumping platelets
03-12-2005, 06:13 PM
TD has not screwed up the cap!

Dozerdog
03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
they have got to be the most ignorant bunch I have ever seen. Over and Over and Over does clump and others show them proof about the cap and explain it to them. they still refuse to realise how badly TD has screwed us cap wise.
:rofl:

Then include me in the "ignorant bunch"

Dozerdog
03-12-2005, 06:24 PM
TD has not screwed up the cap!

Clump- maybe people just like to see a lot of zeros.

I look at a team like the Vikings. Last year and this year they began way under the cap- maybe even at record levels. All that room to improve- and they don't. Instead of giving guys like Winfield a bonus, then using that cap space to get a few more defenders- they chose instead to consume a huge chunk of their free space into Winfield's contract- front loading instead of back loading the deal.

If it were part of a grander plan then sure. But it's a general consensus by many experts that the Vikes did this because Red McCombs was too cheap to come up with the cash for bonuses because he was selling the team.

If the Vikings spent a little more freely last year getting 3 or 4 solid defensive starters- then this team could have been a serious contender for an NFC championship. Instead, they blew a golden opportunity. That is why that franchise (IMHO) is a complete joke.

But- back on point. I guess we got to have that Yankee/Redskin mentality and break the bank for every name guy out there.

I like New England's and Philly's approach- spend very wisely. Let the perrenial 8-8 teams (or worse) spend tens of millions more on average- slightly above average guys like Jonas Jennings or McKenzie.

BAM
03-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree there's a bunch of idiots over there, but not for this reason.

That's why I left there and came here. Aren't you all so glad. :bighug:

Billsouth
03-12-2005, 07:42 PM
with all due respect to clump and whoever his buddy is, i dont think anyone has truly nailed what our cap situation is at this point,

if we had only 700k in cap room then how did we end up sigining 2 FAs.

more importantly, why would we even bring in FAs (why would they come)?

clumping platelets
03-12-2005, 07:46 PM
with all due respect to clump and whoever his buddy is, i dont think anyone has truly nailed what our cap situation is at this point,

The Bills converted Schobel's $2 million roster bonus to signing bonus. That moved saved $1.6 million. Then the Bills signed Holcomb and Gandy

Dozerdog
03-12-2005, 07:46 PM

Here we go again- The 700K is just a "paper" figure. If we need 2 million to sign someone, we restructure some contracts. If we need 4 million, we restructure contracts.

If we leave it alone and don't restructrure, it means we have more cap space next season. We can spend it now or later.

ICE74129
03-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Sure he has Clump. Why are we one of the lowest teams in cap room? Mismangement that is why. Mike Williams contract is unacceptable and everyone knows it.

Tefflon Tom said we would never get in this situation again and he would not keep extending contracts to get us in the hole.

He has extended Bledsoe to which we are eating needed cap room. He extended moulds as well.

We will not be able to free up more room unless he cuts players, Trades players or extends contracts....the thing he said he wasn't going to do.

Other than Tampa (massively screwed thanks to woodson signing his franchise deal) Tampa and us, everyone else started with no less than 1.5 mill available before making the moves TD can make. I am sorry that is unacceptable.

If he were this cap Guru, why are we in this spot? I don't care about wiggleing around it... we shouldn't be here.

As for having cap room next year? Who fuggin cares? I for one am sick of this ****. already we have fans looking forward to 06 when the AFC East is ripe for the taking! Had we managed the cap better and had a better plan going into FA we could have shored up the OL with two guys by now and UPGRADED the offense.

You guys can make all the excuses you want, TD fugged up to this point. Make the playoffs or his ass is out of here, count on it!

clumping platelets
03-12-2005, 08:54 PM
You are incorrect

hudella
03-12-2005, 10:29 PM
ice you need to take a time out man, read what everyone is saying, we have room if needed. but if we dont need to sign antyone, its better we leave things how they are and take a bigger cap hit this year as opposed to next year. I perssonally dont need Tom to throw money around at players that arent worth it, to feel like we had a good offseason. I believe the teams core is largely in place, we just need to fill a couple holes, and if the right guy comes around at the right price we can fill them. I do think mike williams needs to realize he isnt worth that much money yet, but not many people would willingly take a pay cut because they felt they werent living up to their pay, and pretty much anyone we drafted at #4 was gunna cost a load of money. thats just how it works.

Dozerdog
03-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Phone call for Mr Donahoe... a MR Tom Donahoe.....some guy named "Ice"

http://www.engineeringmyowndoom.com/images/techsupport-thumb.jpe

Nighthawk
03-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Sure he has Clump. Why are we one of the lowest teams in cap room? Mismangement that is why. Mike Williams contract is unacceptable and everyone knows it.

Tefflon Tom said we would never get in this situation again and he would not keep extending contracts to get us in the hole.

He has extended Bledsoe to which we are eating needed cap room. He extended moulds as well.

We will not be able to free up more room unless he cuts players, Trades players or extends contracts....the thing he said he wasn't going to do.

Other than Tampa (massively screwed thanks to woodson signing his franchise deal) Tampa and us, everyone else started with no less than 1.5 mill available before making the moves TD can make. I am sorry that is unacceptable.

If he were this cap Guru, why are we in this spot? I don't care about wiggleing around it... we shouldn't be here.

As for having cap room next year? Who fuggin cares? I for one am sick of this ****. already we have fans looking forward to 06 when the AFC East is ripe for the taking! Had we managed the cap better and had a better plan going into FA we could have shored up the OL with two guys by now and UPGRADED the offense.

You guys can make all the excuses you want, TD fugged up to this point. Make the playoffs or his ass is out of here, count on it!

What does Woodson's (who plays in Oakland, not Tampa) signing his franchise deal have to do with Tampa's cap situation? Just wondering...

Throne Logic
03-12-2005, 11:06 PM

Actually, what you've just described here is near perfect CAP management. Your just refusing to step back and see it. In a way, the CAP is like a budget. TD has things balanced quite nicely.

Let's try to put this into a different perspective. Say you found a beautiful shiny new freezer to keep your cubes cold. You really want it, but so do three other people and there is only one available. So, you all submit your bids on the freezer. Would you go the local bank and take out a 4 year loan just in case you win the bid and need the money? No (at least I hope not). Prudence dictates that you'd research all your loan options and perhaps even pre-qualify for one. But you don't actually sign the papers to get that money until you know that freezer going to be yours. In the NFL, you can't pay off your "loans" early.

TD has researched his options. Teams wind up in "CAP jail" when they are hasty to push CAP money into the future without a good reason to do so. TD has done a supurb job of managing this situation.

As to the Mike Williams contract, well, if you draft a top 10 pick, you get stuck with signing them to a rediculous contract. Would you have been happy if TD traded down so he could have signed a player to a more "CAP friendly" contract?

Dozerdog
03-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Brilliant post. :up: Good work TL!

SabreEleven
03-13-2005, 04:58 AM

If that is Ice on the phone, why is it a pic of Miyagi? If you are so smart....

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2005, 07:32 AM
they have got to be the most ignorant bunch I have ever seen. Over and Over and Over does clump and others show them proof about the cap and explain it to them. they still refuse to realise how badly TD has screwed us cap wise. I'm a BB.com board member and I gotta say that the "stupidity" between boards is amazingly similar.

Michael82
03-13-2005, 09:17 AM

:rofl:

You forgot the smoke coming out of his ears. :snicker:

jamze132
03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
If our cap situation is SOOOO bad than why do we have so many starters returning from last season? Did we have to dump a playmaker to free cap space? The answer is no. Tom has done a great job with the cap thus far. Clump, I personally think you do a hell of a job with the cap and I'm sure you are very close. And if Clump seems to think that the cap situation in Buffalo is good, than why don't we all think it's good. It doesn't take a genius to see that Buffalo has a decent product on the field. You can't do that without good cap management. Kudos to Donahoe and Clump! :posrep:

BuffaloRanger
03-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Kudos to TD for doing a decent job!

Ebenezer
03-14-2005, 11:51 AM
If our cap situation is SOOOO bad than why do we have so many starters returning from last season? Did we have to dump a playmaker to free cap space? The answer is no. Tom has done a great job with the cap thus far. Clump, I personally think you do a hell of a job with the cap and I'm sure you are very close. And if Clump seems to think that the cap situation in Buffalo is good, than why don't we all think it's good. It doesn't take a genius to see that Buffalo has a decent product on the field. You can't do that without good cap management. Kudos to Donahoe and Clump! :posrep:
left out again ...:sadwalk:

jamze132
03-14-2005, 05:28 PM
left out again ...:sadwalk:
MY bad Ebenezer. Here ya go! :posrep: :dance:

gobuffalo2007
03-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I agree there's a bunch of idiots over there, but not for this reason.

That's why I left there and came here. Aren't you all so glad. :bighug:
I did the same accept I got banned from there.
God I hate Mr.Right....

RetroRaiders81
03-14-2005, 08:42 PM
^^ Same here, we'll get revenge on them some day.

clumping platelets
03-15-2005, 12:29 AM
There's a poster, Angelo73, at BB.com who doesn't believe the clumping platelets registered there is me :rofl:

:loser:

SoCalBillsFan
03-15-2005, 03:11 AM
Ice...do you remember three or four years ago when we had no money to do anything, and we had to dump everyone and go with a team full of young guys in order to stay under the cap? Cap HELL, my friend, and I'm glad we aren't there anymore...

I have questioned a lot of TD's personnel moves and hirings, but the man has ALWAYS had a plan for the salary cap. It's the one area where he is almost perfect, IMO.

helmetguy
03-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Are you REALLY you, Clump?

clumping platelets
03-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Are you REALLY you, Clump?

I've been wondering that for years :dizzy:

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Ice...do you remember three or four years ago when we had no money to do anything, and we had to dump everyone and go with a team full of young guys in order to stay under the cap? Cap HELL, my friend, and I'm glad we aren't there anymore...

I have questioned a lot of TD's personnel moves and hirings, but the man has ALWAYS had a plan for the salary cap. It's the one area where he is almost perfect, IMO.

Yes, he is a good salary cap manager. And unfortunately, that is a big part of the game now. You have to manage that as well as manage the talent you get to keep. It's not always easy. It'd be easy if we could get all the talent in the world to play for us...hey, TD bring in Orlando Pace. Oh yeah, and by the way, bring in a top 3rd WR. And a top TE. Oh, and pay Nate alot of money now so he doesn't leave. And we should have paid Pat lots of money not to leave.

Easy things to say, but most people here don't seem to have a clue about managing a salary cap. Look at the Titans now! That's what happens when you don't manage a salary cap well. You think Titan fans are happy that their team has been punctured and dismantled? And we were there not too long ago...perhaps some people here got so used to Butler's style, they'd prefer it???

bills_phan
03-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Actually, what you've just described here is near perfect CAP management. Your just refusing to step back and see it. In a way, the CAP is like a budget. TD has things balanced quite nicely.

Let's try to put this into a different perspective. Say you found a beautiful shiny new freezer to keep your cubes cold. You really want it, but so do three other people and there is only one available. So, you all submit your bids on the freezer. Would you go the local bank and take out a 4 year loan just in case you win the bid and need the money? No (at least I hope not). Prudence dictates that you'd research all your loan options and perhaps even pre-qualify for one. But you don't actually sign the papers to get that money until you know that freezer going to be yours. In the NFL, you can't pay off your "loans" early.

TD has researched his options. Teams wind up in "CAP jail" when they are hasty to push CAP money into the future without a good reason to do so. TD has done a supurb job of managing this situation.

As to the Mike Williams contract, well, if you draft a top 10 pick, you get stuck with signing them to a rediculous contract. Would you have been happy if TD traded down so he could have signed a player to a more "CAP friendly" contract?
This is just one more situation showing that TD is way AHEAD of the curve in many ways. I liken this to the Peerless Price Franchise Tag saga. Nobody had ever thought to do it before, but TD magically manufactured a 1st round pick out of a player who was gone anyway. This cap management is similar to what the Eagles do with their NLTBE bonuses. If there's nothing worth spending on in this free agent pool, you're better off finding a way to take more of a cap hit for bonuses this year, deferring some of the cap room to future years. We'll have more cap room in next year because of TD's cap management strategy. However, if there's something worth spending on this offseason, bonuses can easily be converted in order to free up the necessary cash. BRILLIANT!!!

(let's hope TD's qb draft pick is as good as his cap management)

Michael82
03-15-2005, 10:03 AM
This is just one more situation showing that TD is way AHEAD of the curve in many ways. I liken this to the Peerless Price Franchise Tag saga. Nobody had ever thought to do it before, but TD magically manufactured a 1st round pick out of a player who was gone anyway. This cap management is similar to what the Eagles do with their NLTBE bonuses. If there's nothing worth spending on in this free agent pool, you're better off finding a way to take more of a cap hit for bonuses this year, deferring some of the cap room to future years. We'll have more cap room in next year because of TD's cap management strategy. However, if there's something worth spending on this offseason, bonuses can easily be converted in order to free up the necessary cash. BRILLIANT!!!

(let's hope TD's qb draft pick is as good as his cap management)
I thought that it was similar to the way that Philly made all that cap room. :up:

RetroRaiders81
03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
No one can manage a cap like Al Davis.

Michael82
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
:$: :$: :$:

:shakeno:

I can't wait for a few years when the Faiders are in cap hell. :snicker:

Dozerdog
03-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Al Davis does what no other NFL team does- Instead of handing out huge signing bonus, they guarantee years on contracts. In essence, a bonus is giving a player guarantee money up front anyway. Davis does this because the Raiders aren't a franchise swimming in liquid cash. He's not like Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones that have huge income from outside businesses. It has the advantage of not having huge cap bonuses / cap hits spread out year to year. Remember after their Super Bowl loss? They were something like $50 million over the cap- but they made space pretty quick without gutting their entire roster...they released 3-4 guys (Russel, Kennedy) and fixed it.

That being said, it's a risk on the Raiders part because they can't cut loose a troublemaker player early if they wanted. They couldn't cut a guy like The Buccaneers did with Keshawn Johnson in 2003. But then again, they are the Raiders, and they have a much higher tolerance for trouble players.

That is also why the Raiders feast or famine on a lot of veterans. Guys like Sapp will gravitate to a deal where half of the contract is guaranteed.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2005, 11:29 AM
There's a poster, Angelo73, at BB.com who doesn't believe the clumping platelets registered there is me :rofl:

:loser:The guy just likes to hear himself lecture but he's a huge hypocrite. If he admits you exist, his arguments go right out the window.

clumping platelets
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
The guy just likes to hear himself lecture but he's a huge hypocrite. If he admits you exist, his arguments go right out the window.

I agree Draz.... when confronted with proof, he tried to spin the posts another way :lol: