• Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

The Hand

Giants | Hand on His Way Out? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:06:08 -0800

Mike Garafolo, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants could part ties with DT Norman Hand following the addition of DL Kendrick Clancy.

I hope he gets the pink slip so we could sign him as a stop-gap DT. He's 32. Just about the same age as Pat. For the vet min. why not bring him in this ex-pro bowler? He hasn't really had a good season since his last year with the Saints, but this is the guy that we pair up with Sam Adams to command double teams, stop the run and clog the middle. Tim Anderson is still green and Ron Edwards is more of a better pass rusher than a run stopper, imo.

• Crisis
    • Aug 2004

I'd love it, only if he came cheap, though.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

If he wants to come for the minimum then I would love to have him. I'd certainly take him over anything else we got right now even though I think our young guys have promise.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
        Tim Anderson is still green and Ron Edwards is more of a better pass rusher than a run stopper, imo.
        Tim Anderson is going to remain green until he gets time to play. This is the inherent problem with all young players. You have to get them real playing time in order to turn them into solid vets. What's the point of drafting players if you're keep signing vets to start in front of them?

In this salary cap era, not every position on the team can be filled with a seasoned veteran. You need to take some calculated risks with the young guys you've drafted/acquired and trained. TD and company have decided that Anderson &/or Edwards are worth the risk (offset by the price Pat Williams commanded).
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• kevinj22
          • Feb 2005

What is wrong with you people? Why can't we let our young guys have a chance to play. I don't think that TD drfated these guys with the thought that they'll sit the bench for the next five years. They won't get any better with just practice time, they need playing time. I like both Edwards and Anderson just give them a chance. Look at Terrance MaGee did we know what we had in him,NO but we do now because he got to play. "LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!"

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kevinj22
            What is wrong with you people? Why can't we let our young guys have a chance to play. I don't think that TD drfated these guys with the thought that they'll sit the bench for the next five years. They won't get any better with just practice time, they need playing time. I like both Edwards and Anderson just give them a chance. Look at Terrance MaGee did we know what we had in him,NO but we do now because he got to play. "LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!"
            I agree. It's not going to hurt to see what the kids can do. You never know when you have a diamond in the rough.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
              • Oct 2002

I dunno, I just really think that Edwards has game. I know he asnt done anything record breaking to this point, he just seems to be able to get the job done when hes in there. I say give him a chance, you just never know.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

I like Edwards better then Hand but if he would sign for the vet min I would take him but he would probably just be a backup.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                X