PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that TD will just ship a 4th rounder for Shelton?

Michael82
03-13-2005, 09:20 AM
I think that we are going to sign Rick DeMulling to be our new LG or C, whichever McNally wants him for. TD is then going to wait until the draft and try to trade Henry to Arizona if they don't already get a different back. If that fails, he will offer Dennis Green a 4th or 5th rounder for LJ Shelton and that will be our new LT.

ryjam282
03-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't mind getting him for 4th rounder....He would definitely be worth it.

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I do beleive that unless some team panics somewhere- that if a deal hasn't been done by now it won't get done until the draft. Free agency is over for the most part to try and find a starter to fill a hole. Look at last year with Dillon.

Henry and Shelton will get dealt either just before the draft or during the draft. It all depends on who is left on the board, who covets whom, and so on. Either they will get dealt for each other or seperately.

It also depends on what happens with Alexander and James. My bey is Alexander stays put, and James gets dealt to either the Cards, Tampa, or someone else.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't think that Shelton can be had for a 4th round pick.

Michael82
03-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't think that Shelton can be had for a 4th round pick.
Why? He's already lost his job, Green said so. And no one is really looking for an LT anymore. I'm sorry, but I disagree. if Green doesn't take a day 2 pick, he might as well just cut him.

Throne Logic
03-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I'd be thrilled to to get a known commodity for a 4th rounder. I'd be happy with a 3rd rounder. Heck, I'd likely not complain if it were the 2nd rounder.

Ultimately, Shelton is young enough to fullful a 4-5 year deal without problems. We know his ability at the NFL level.

If TD drafts some OL in the second round, all we know of his NFL ability is that he's likely to make the team. He's unlikely to make much of a contribution to the team in 2005, and only somewhat likely to make a significant impact in 2006. By then, his contract will be half over. Even if he does pan out, Buffalo will only see about 2 good years of service for that 4 year contract.

Shelton would be a much better return on investment in exchange for a single 2 - 4 round pick.

kevinj22
03-13-2005, 10:33 AM
I am sure that TD has something up his sleeve. Why can't we just be patient. Why is there this crazy need for the Bills to do something right away. Look at the Pats, how many big free agents have they signed in the last few years other than C Dillon? You don't have to sign everyone just the guys that immediately can help your team. I watch the posts and guys want to sign every free agent that comes around. There was even talk at one time of signing J Rice, DEAR GOD are we that desperate.

Italian Stallion
03-13-2005, 10:40 AM
I sure as hell hope we get Shelton or someone else in a trade....I think DeMulling signs with the Lions soon, (Millen will overpay) and we have NO other guys to bring in that would help this o line besides LJ.

P.S. If we don't sign DeMulling im gonna be royaly pissed....He'd be the best player on our o line, and im sick of TD "not wanting to over pay" for a position we realllllllly need...I guess we should just keep the Defensive BACKUPS on the roster, like PP and Wire, (at 1 mil plus) and not improve one of the few positions which need upgrading...lets waste all that defensive and special teams talent guys!!! come on...it will be fun!!!!!!!!

Tatonka
03-13-2005, 11:25 AM
i will be honest.. i wanted womack on this team bad.. more than demulling.. i thought he would be alot cheaper and his veratility is really needed right now.

i am not trying to be a cliff jumper.. but i am getting concerned.

at this point.. we have taken a huge hit to our line by losing JJ.. and unless we get a good center to replace teague, i see that as a downgrade.. tucker at center is a downgrade .. moving teague to LT is a real bad idea i think.. but that is a big downgrade from jj, regardless.

i am actually comfortable w/ a draft pick fighting it out with tucker at guard.

i am NOT comfortable with a rookie at LT.. i am not comfortable with teague at LT.. so really the ONLY options are womack (that is until today), Shelton (who may still get cut or we can give up a draft pick for him), or LT X (a guy that has yet to be cut yet, but i dont have alot of faith in a team dropping their starting caliber left tackle at this point).

someone call tony boselli and see if they can put a bionic shoulder on him.

i have been telling people not to panic.. to stop the "sky is falling" crap..

but someone needs to calm me right now.. because i am a little concerned and worried after the womack signing. i am really starting to feel like shelton is the only answer at LT now.. someone convince me otherwise please.

Michael82
03-13-2005, 11:27 AM
i will be honest.. i wanted womack on this team bad.. more than demulling.. i thought he would be alot cheaper and his veratility is really needed right now.

i am not trying to be a cliff jumper.. but i am getting concerned.

at this point.. we have taken a huge hit to our line by losing JJ.. and unless we get a good center to replace teague, i see that as a downgrade.. tucker at center is a downgrade .. moving teague to LT is a real bad idea i think.. but that is a big downgrade from jj, regardless.

i am actually comfortable w/ a draft pick fighting it out with tucker at guard.

i am NOT comfortable with a rookie at LT.. i am not comfortable with teague at LT.. so really the ONLY options are womack (that is until today), Shelton (who may still get cut or we can give up a draft pick for him), or LT X (a guy that has yet to be cut yet, but i dont have alot of faith in a team dropping their starting caliber left tackle at this point).

someone call tony boselli and see if they can put a bionic shoulder on him.

i have been telling people not to panic.. to stop the "sky is falling" crap..

but someone needs to calm me right now.. because i am a little concerned and worried after the womack signing.
:calm:

Michael82
03-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again....

LJ Shelton WILL be a Bill.

Tatonka
03-13-2005, 11:36 AM
i hope your right..

imho.. adding shelton will be getting back to even at LT.. shelton is no better.. but no worse.. imho.

then hopefully we draft a guard to compete at LG.. or sign demulling, i guess.. but i dont really care about him.. i dont see the need for a 3 million a year guard, when we already have one when that is the easiest position on the line to plug someone in.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Why? He's already lost his job, Green said so. And no one is really looking for an LT anymore. I'm sorry, but I disagree. if Green doesn't take a day 2 pick, he might as well just cut him.
Would you be happy with a 4th for Henry?

Michael82
03-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Would you be happy with a 4th for Henry?
No, but the situations are totally different IMO. Shelton has already been replaced and Green said so. The only reason that he is going to get traded or cut is because he is in Green's doghouse and they don't see eye to eye. Henry doesn't have that problem. TD openly said that he has no problem having Travis Henry as McGahee's backup.

Canadian'eh!
03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up on getting Shelton for a 4th.

He may have lost his job, but it's the market that drives the price... not the team makeup really. though it does contribute.

Look at the rediculous contracts OT's are getting this year. Jennings gets 12 mill to sign? Whale and McKenzie getting 5-6 mill a year. At 3 million a year, Shelton has more potential and is far more cap friendly than any of them.

This is why so many teams are showing interest.

Obviously they are biding their time to lower the price a bit.. or vice versa maybe... but int he end i bet someone parts with a 3rd at minimum and possible a 2nd after all.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2005, 01:55 PM
No, but the situations are totally different IMO. Shelton has already been replaced and Green said so. The only reason that he is going to get traded or cut is because he is in Green's doghouse and they don't see eye to eye. Henry doesn't have that problem. TD openly said that he has no problem having Travis Henry as McGahee's backup.
Henry has been benched too and that is not changing. He also has only one year left on his contract and has had injury issues for 2-3 seasons now. He has also publically requested to be moved, a step that Shelton has not taken yet.