PDA

View Full Version : predictions on the afc east.

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
pats 12-4
bills 12-4
jets 10-6
fish fry 6-10
:winkpunch

BAM
03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
AFC East remains the best division in football. Yours looks about right. :up:

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 10:42 AM
My "way to early to tell" prdictions are

Pats- 11-5
Bills 10-6
Jets-9-7
Fins 7-9

Ravens 12-4
Steelers 11-5
Bengals 9-7
Browns 4-11

Colts 11-5
Jaguars 9-7
Texans 8-8
Titans 4-12

Chargers 10-6
Broncos 9-7
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 6-10

Eagles 14-2
Cowboys 9-7
Giants 7-9
Redskins 7-9

Lions 12-4
Vikings 10-6
Packers 6-10
Bears 6-10

Falcons 10-6
Panthers 10-6
Saints 7-9
Bucs 7-9

Cardinals 10-6
Seahawks 8-8
Rams 6-10
49ers 3-13

Italian Stallion
03-13-2005, 10:43 AM
too early man...our o line is swiss cheese

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
AFC East remains the best division in football. Yours looks about right. :up:
yessssssssssss

Rhettoric
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
pats 12-4
bills 12-4
jets 10-6
fish fry 6-10

Might be a little high... We don't have the NFC West to pad our win columns this year!

Drive 4 Five
03-13-2005, 10:47 AM
The AFC East is one of the toughest divisions to call. I still think that the Patriots are the team to beat and will likely be division winners again. I think the Jets are in a good position to change that but go with the the defending champions until proven otherwise. I believe the Dolphins will improve and will challenge the Bills for the 3rd spot. Anything can happen though. We all know that. I believe the Bills can possibly challenge for the second spot but only if the offense improves dramatically to compliment the strong defense and special teams play. We are so close guys, but an unproven rook at the most important and most difficult position in football? Logically speaking, I do believe that we have upgraded at the position by releasing Bledose. There is no doubt that he was holding this team back. Therefore I do not see us taking a step back but we are going to have to win those games that we lost by just a few points to improve on our record and that seems to be a tall order.

Patriots 12-4
Jets 10-6
Bills 9-7
Dolphins 9-7

Typ0
03-13-2005, 10:48 AM
JETS 11-5
BILLS 10-6
PATS 8-8
FINS 7-9

BAM
03-13-2005, 10:49 AM
JETS 11-5
BILLS 10-6
PATS 8-8
FINS 7-9

Interesting.

:up:

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Might be a little high... We don't have the NFC West to pad our win columns this year!
yeah,but if look at the teams we are playing this yr,thats proably what are record is going to be.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2005, 11:02 AM
JETS 11-5
BILLS 10-6
PATS 8-8
FINS 7-9
Typ0 is on the right track. I think the Pats are going to dive.

Jets 11-5
Bills 10-6
Pats 7-9
Phins 5-11

Typ0
03-13-2005, 11:03 AM
I think the PATS are going to have some growing pains this season. They have been shook up in the ranks quite a lot and every week the team playing them is going to want to kick the arse out of the dynasty team.

JETS have been solid the last few seasons and look to have upgraded already at key positions. They will be a tough team this coming season baring any serious injuries.

BILLS will be much better at the beginning of the season helping us to get to 10 - 6. However this off-season clearly has been the first in TD reign that we are taking a step backwards in FA. Our run defense has taken a hit, we still don't have a top knotch DE and we need another CB to solidify the backfield. It will be tough to match our defensive performance of last season for sure...but getting rid of the statue hopefully will give them a bit less to overcome. There will be times we have to play from behind...hopefully JP will not fold the way DB did and we can grab some of those games.

FINS won't be the decimated team they were last season but they aren't ready to challenge for a top spot either.

Sportsuser101
03-13-2005, 11:05 AM
As of right now, I don't think we get 12 wins with our o-line. We're obviously going to upgrade but I wouldn't do a prediction until all starting positions are basically filled for all teams.

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I think the Pats will get off to a pedestrian start (without looking at the schedule yet)- it will take them 6-8 weeks to get their sea legs. But I think if they can get it together after a 4-4 0r 5-3 start, they will get things to click in the second half. it's been their MO for years.

BAM
03-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Yah I just don't see the Pats going anywhere (downhill that is.) :ill:

unfortunately

Bills 4 life
03-13-2005, 11:34 AM
BILLS 10-6
JETS 9-7
PATS 9-7
FISH 6-10

I COULD NEVERRRRRR GIVE THE JETS AN UPPER HAND ON US..EVER!!!!!!

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 12:47 PM
12 wins are still in my book for right now.

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 12:54 PM
pats 12-4
bills 12-4
jets 10-6
fish fry 6-10

You won't win 12 games with a rookie QB. The fins are better then 6-10.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Roethlisberger won 14 games plus 1 playoff game. No the Fins are not better than 6-10. Gus Frerotte? Are you kidding me with that?

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Pats- 12-4
Bills- 11-5
Jets-7-9
Fins-6-10

P.S.- Panthers defeat Patriots in SB XL.

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Roethlisberger won 14 games plus 1 playoff game. No the Fins are not better than 6-10. Gus Frerotte? Are you kidding me with that?

You don't have the steelers O-line or division, the fins won't start Freotte. We are not the Wanny Dolphins anymore we won't be running the vanilla O you've seen the past five years and we have made upgrades to the D and we will make more upgrades through trading our #2 overall and getting extra picks. We are better then 6-10. What makes you think Losman will succeed? Hes not better then Eli or Brees and they didn't win 12 games their rookie season. I think your giving your boy credit just becuse he's a bill.

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 01:07 PM
also to prove you wrong even more,brett farve won 9 games with the packers as a rookie. :lolpoint:

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
You don't have the steelers O-line or division, the fins won't start Freotte. We are not the Wanny Dolphins anymore we won't be running the vanilla O you've seen the past five years and we have made upgrades to the D and we will make more upgrades through trading our #2 overall and getting extra picks. We are better then 6-10. What makes you think Losman will succeed? Hes not better then Eli or Brees and they didn't win 12 games their rookie season. I think your giving your boy credit just becuse he's a bill.
so your point is.........

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Upgrades? You signed the ultimate bust Vonnie Holliday and the ancient Kevin Carter for 30 million dollars. Our o-line may not be as good as the Steelers, but our D is way better and so is our running game and our receivers are right on par with theirs from last year. How do you know he's not better then Eli? Brees is a one year wonder and you are full of ****.

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 01:11 PM
so your point is.........
My point,try being a little more realistic with your predictions!!!

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
you are full of ****.
Why because I'm not here saying how great the Bills are?

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 01:14 PM
if you look at v.holiadays stats hes not that good.whos kevin carter??

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 01:17 PM
My point,try being a little more realistic with your predictions!!!
hey ,if you look at our season this yr,we are going to do a little better than
we did this.your just mad because i said the fish where going to finish 6-10.
get over it,its just a prediction.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 01:18 PM
A defense with an average age of about 77 and a fearsome QB tandem of A.J. Feeley and Gus Frerotte will not go more than 6-10.

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Upgrades? You signed the ultimate bust Vonnie Holliday and the ancient Kevin Carter for 30 million dollars. Our o-line may not be as good as the Steelers, but our D is way better and so is our running game and our receivers are right on par with theirs from last year. How do you know he's not better then Eli? Brees is a one year wonder and you are full of ****.
Vonnie had one bad season and Carter hasn't missed a game ever! He also has 5 sacks a year avg. across from JT his numbers will increase. Your picking on the wrong side of the ball. You D WAY better then the Steelers? I don't think so.

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 01:23 PM
you guys can argue ,i'm just staying out of this.

feelthepain
03-13-2005, 01:27 PM
hey ,if you look at our season this yr,we are going to do a little better than
we did this.your just mad because i said the fish where going to finish 6-10.
get over it,its just a prediction.
I'm not mad about anything, I don't care if we finish 4-12 again we have made some major changes and it is possible we do finish 4-12 , but the team is better then 4-12 or 6-10 and I think we are at least 500. next year. What has your team done to improve over last year so far? I know it's a prediction, just unrealistic.

Jersey1031
03-13-2005, 01:44 PM
BILLS 10-6
JETS 9-7
PATS 9-7
FISH 6-10

I COULD NEVERRRRRR GIVE THE JETS AN UPPER HAND ON US..EVER!!!!!!

i agree wit this guy

Jersey1031
03-13-2005, 01:47 PM
also to prove you wrong even more,brett farve won 9 games with the packers as a rookie. :lolpoint:

brett favre was a falcon when he was a rookie bro...

Drive 4 Five
03-13-2005, 03:28 PM
I personally think the Dolphins were better than their record indicated last year but as a Phish fan, you can't come to the Billszone looking for love. So why get all hurt when Bill's fans say your team sucks? Get over it bro. If you want love go to to the "Phish Fans Missin' Ricky" forum or whatever, but don't come cryin' over here.

Bufftp
03-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Patriots 11-5
Jets 11-5
Bills 7-9
Miami 5-11

Samphin1
03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, I would rather wait until at least after the draft to make predictions, but I am bored so oh well. I normally don't even make predictions but this lazy Sunday needs to be filled with something I suppose.

Jets 11-5
Pats 10-6
Bills 8-8
Dolphins 7-9

I think Saban is going to use the first year to see who can float and who will sink in his schemes and really cut loose in 2006. Miami was better than the 4-12 team last year and it showed once the awful Wannstedt left. They were in every game but one and actually did ok under Bates. I look for Miami to be a player agin in 2006.

Buffalo is the wildcard imo. The O-line has taken a hit and basically a rookie QB who has an injury history in this league already, are going to be key. Plus, if Henry is traded away and Willis injures himself, you are screwed. As it stands, Willis should do well ( if the o-line can open holes ) and Losman will probably struggle initially ( if not all season ). The defense is solid pretty much throughout. I will be interested to see how the loss of Pat Williams is handled though. All in all, unlses the o-line is put together in the draft, I see you guys taking a slight step back.

The Pats will not win the division. The vibe I get form that organization is that they seem happy with what they have done. The fire seems to be gone and when that happens, you won't win. They lost A LOT of pplayers and important coaches that, if it happened one at a time, they could handle but all in one offseason is too much, imo. However, Bill is an awesome coach and Brady, Dillon and co. will continue to win, just not as much.

The Jets, as much as I hate to say it, will win the East, as it stands now. They have a good QB, great RB, Coles is back on the team ( replacing Moss and then some ), and they have a nice defense. They are young but experienced enough to take this division. Herm Edwards is a great coach. The only thing that stops them is if Martin, or Pennington gets hurt. Especially Martin. They lost Jordan to FA and if they lose Martin, they become one dimensional. Fiedler is a good backup for Chad, but if he is in for more than a couple of games at a time, he will cost them.

All in all, I think this is going to be another tough year for eveyone in the division. I expect no team to sweep the division and I actually think every team will have at least two losses to divisional opponents. Not having the NFC west to pick on will hurt the overall records ( even Miami went 2-2 on the NFC West last year ).

I will do this again once training camp starts though and I have a better assesment.

phinfanjt34
03-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Let me get this straight. You're saying that the Bills D and running game is better than the Steelers from last year? That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this board. And I've read some dumb things, like that the Bills are gonna win 12 games with Lostman as a first year QB.

phinfanjt34
03-13-2005, 05:55 PM
if you look at v.holiadays stats hes not that good.whos kevin carter??
Exactly. I'm not on here touting Kevin Carter as great but he's solid. And that 5 year 30 million dollar deal you guys like to diss is backloaded. Its basically a 2 year deal worth about a million per. The fact you dont know who Carter is shows that your not much of a football fan

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Let me get this straight. You're saying that the Bills D and running game is better than the Steelers from last year? That has to be the dumbest thing I've read on this board. And I've read some dumb things, like that the Bills are gonna win 12 games with Lostman as a first year QB.
Willis McGahee will expose you for the moron you are when he rushes for 1600+ yards next year and our D already proved enough last year with 39 turnovers. By the way, Nick Saban will never make it in the NFL.

ScottLawrence
03-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Patriots-12-4
Jets-10-6
Bills-8-8
Dolphins-6-10

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Patriots-12-4
Jets-10-6
Bills-8-8
Dolphins-6-10Are you ScottLaw from the BB.com board?

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Exactly. I'm not on here touting Kevin Carter as great but he's solid. And that 5 year 30 million dollar deal you guys like to diss is backloaded. Its basically a 2 year deal worth about a million per. The fact you dont know who Carter is shows that your not much of a football fan
dude shut up.and that does not mean that i am a football fan if i don't
know who he is.lamest comback ever. :loser:

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 07:02 PM
like i said a couple post before,i'm not getting in to this.gez now all the fu#kin trolls are coming here.

buffmaniac
03-13-2005, 07:10 PM
The dolphins will struggle to be 6-10.

No QB, No RB, 1 WR in Chambers and he isn't all that good, and a terrible Oline on offense. Doesn't sound too promising to me?

Your defense was old to begin with and just got older with Holliday and Carter. Is Seau still playing? What is he now 40yrs old? Plus are you now switching to a 3-4? If so does that mean Taylor goes to LB? That would be a bad move IMO. You are also trying to trade away your best DB in Surtain. Isn't Tillman your new starting safety? That's not good either. Your defense is definitely on the decline.

And on top of it all you have a first year head coach with a brand new staff. Its going to take the Dolphins a few years before they become competitive again.

Typ0
03-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Based on discussion in this thead I am revising my estimates:

JETS 11-5
BILLS 10-6
PATS 8-8
FINS 4-12

:snicker:

ScottLawrence
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Are you ScottLaw from the BB.com board?

Yes, why?

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Yes, why?
I was at one point formerlycjb2587 and then Losman Evans and Willis. We got in the occassional argument.

thebuffalobills4
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Based on discussion in this thead I am revising my estimates:

JETS 11-5
BILLS 10-6
PATS 8-8
FINS 4-12

:snicker:
nice :bow:

Marino13Phins
03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
The dolphins will struggle to be 6-10.

No QB, No RB, 1 WR in Chambers and he isn't all that good, and a terrible Oline on offense. Doesn't sound too promising to me?

Your defense was old to begin with and just got older with Holliday and Carter. Is Seau still playing? What is he now 40yrs old? Plus are you now switching to a 3-4? If so does that mean Taylor goes to LB? That would be a bad move IMO. You are also trying to trade away your best DB in Surtain. Isn't Tillman your new starting safety? That's not good either. Your defense is definitely on the decline.

And on top of it all you have a first year head coach with a brand new staff. Its going to take the Dolphins a few years before they become competitive again.

Ok I ususally don't post in this forum. But I could not stand this post. You are being an incredible homer right here, bashing anything and everything that is not the bills. To say they have only "1 good wr in chambers and he's not all that good." Booker is a good WR, and Chambers is an above average WR. Boston has talent ( assuming he re-signs, and stops being an ass, but i'm counting him out). As well as Randy at TE. Miami has a pretty good WR core.

FlyingElvis
03-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Bills 8-8
Dolphins 7-9

No one in the AFCE is ready to challenge the Pats. Maybe in a couple of years.

Samphin1
03-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Pats 14-2
Jets 10-6
Bills 8-8
Dolphins 7-9

No one in the AFCE is ready to challenge the Pats. Maybe in a couple of years.

Miami beat you last year, and I think this year's version of the Pats will be nowhere as good as it has been the past two years. You have lost both coordinators ( not even rpalcing one ) and countless key players. Ne wEngland will still be good, but based on how the teams are set up today, the Jets are better prepared for the season.

FlyingElvis
03-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Miami beat you last year, and I think this year's version of the Pats will be nowhere as good as it has been the past two years. You have lost both coordinators ( not even rpalcing one ) and countless key players. Ne wEngland will still be good, but based on how the teams are set up today, the Jets are better prepared for the season.Yes, we lost 2 coordinators. But they replaced Crennel with the highly regarded Eric Mangini. Three teams tried to hire this guy as DC. He's one of the up and coming coaches. Losing Weis hurts, it will be interesting to see how they replace him. Thats still an unknown.

They have not lost "countless players". They lost Law, true. But they did pretty well last year without him. And they already replaced him with Duane Starks.

As long as Belichick and Brady are in NE, the Pats will be the team to beat, especially considering they have a deep roster, with some of the young talent they IRed last year returning next year.

Yeah, we lost a meaningless game to Miami. Big deal.

Samphin1
03-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Yes, we lost 2 coordinators. But they replaced Crennel with the highly regarded Eric Mangini. Three teams tried to hire this guy as DC. He's one of the up and coming coaches. Losing Weis hurts, it will be interesting to see how they replace him. Thats still an unknown.

They have not lost "countless players". They lost Law, true. But they did pretty well last year without him. And they already replaced him with Duane Starks.

As long as Belichick and Brady are in NE, the Pats will be the team to beat, especially considering they have a deep roster, with some of the young talent they IRed last year returning next year.

Yeah, we lost a meaningless game to Miami. Big deal.

The point about the Miami game was that even the worst team in the division plays the best team tooth and nail in the AFC East. Ty Law, Richard Seymor, Tedy Bruschi ( possibly ), Troy Brown ( will hurt ), another receiver ( can't remember if it was Patten or Branch ). Plus, I think Earthwind Moreland was let go ( or whatever hippy name that guy has ). :lol: I consider all of those guys key guys over the past few years. I still think the Pats will be good, just not elite is all.

Spielmanrules54
03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Bills 15-1
Pats 12-4
Jets 10-6
Fins 1-15

HAHAHAHA.... nawwwwwww,... but it looks cool when you look at it doesn't it???? Truth be told.... it's gonna be another rough year going through the afc east... We have to establish a lot before predicting an accurate record for '05... O-line, Losman, staying healthy... way too many variables.

Bill Brasky
03-14-2005, 02:41 AM
I'm sure it will change after all the draft picks and signings, but right now

NY Jets 11-5
New England 10-6
Buffalo 8-8
Miami 6-10

Ravens 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Bengals 9-7
Browns 3-13

Colts 12-4
Jaguars 9-7
Texans 8-8
Titans 4-12

Chargers 9-7
Chiefs 9-7
Broncos 8-8
Raiders 6-10

Eagles 13-3
Cowboys 8-8
Redskins 7-9
Giants 6-10

Packers 9-7
Lions 9-7
Vikings 8-8
Bears 5-11

Falcons 11-5
Panthers 9-7
Saints 8-8
Bucs 7-9

Seahawks 10-6
Rams 9-7
Cardinals 6-8
49ers 4-12

bledslow
04-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Pats- 12-4
Bills- 11-5
Jets-7-9
Fins-6-10

P.S.- Panthers defeat Patriots in SB XL.

Pats 10-6
Bills 9-7
Fins 8-8
Jets 6-10

theres no chance in hell that the champs only finish one game better then the sorry bills.buf has no qb. loserman is the new mike mcmahon(qb from the lions) dumb as a rock,and will be looking to run first. they will end up in the 6-7 win range

Bulldog
04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
theres no chance in hell that the champs only finish one game better then the sorry bills.buf has no qb. loserman is the new mike mcmahon(qb from the lions) dumb as a rock,and will be looking to run first. they will end up in the 6-7 win range

And you know all of this how? Perhaps you're just pissed because Bledsoe isn't here to hand any more games to the Pats. Get lost troll! Negged