• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I bet TD is waiting

Seeing that TD hasn't really signed anyone so far in FA, and has let some FAs leave from the team, I don't think he's just procrasinating. I bet he's got something up his sleeves, that he definitely knows something we don't know. Maybe a stud DE as June 1st casualty, maybe a big draft day trade. Whatever it may be, I'm sure he's just saving up our cap room to sign this guy / these guys.

So who are the potential June 1st cuts that we still haven't thought about?
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

I sure hope he knows something we don't otherwise we're screwed.

Michael Strahan may be a possible cut but I'm not sure if I would want him at the price he would command. I like Kelsay. I actually think we're fine at starting DE. Some depth.. sure but I think starter wise I like Schobel and Kelsay.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I think if he saw someone that fit on the team and made us better for the money he would go for it...but he hasn't so here we are. I also think he's taking a long hard look at what he can do with this years cap $$ to keep Clements on the team.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
        I sure hope he knows something we don't otherwise we're screwed.

Michael Strahan may be a possible cut but I'm not sure if I would want him at the price he would command. I like Kelsay. I actually think we're fine at starting DE. Some depth.. sure but I think starter wise I like Schobel and Kelsay.
        we need a better pass rusher...it would make a huge difference IMO.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

I dunno I think our team is set up just fine right now... minus a couple O-Linemen. We'll be fine.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
            I think if he saw someone that fit on the team and made us better for the money he would go for it...but he hasn't so here we are. I also think he's taking a long hard look at what he can do with this years cap $$ to keep Clements on the team.
            That's the key. I guarantee that TD is trying to figure out how he'll be able to show him the money and get him locked up before the season begins.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Who?

And from where?
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

I'm not a big fan of paying 2 guys a ton of money for the same position. ie 2 CBs, 2 DTs, 2 OLBs, 2 WRs, 2 DEs.. etc. I just think we were fine last year and it showed by having the 3rd most sacks in the league. I think we'll get more this year with Edwards stepping in and having better coverage in the secondary with Vincent for the whole year at FS and McGee maturing.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

I hope he has a plan.

Right now our O-Line is not in good shape.

LT-Teague
                  LG-Gandy
                  C-Tucker
                  RG-Villarrial
                  RT-Williams

Thats not a good or even average offensive line.

Maybe TD's plan IS to rebuild for a year with Losman.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

One thing that I have learned with TD, always expect the unexpected. NEVER believe that TD is just sitting there. He ALWAYS has a plan.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Not to overstate the obvious, the Bills went 9-7 last year behind virtually the same offensive line last year. Yes Jennings is gone, but when Marcus Price filled in for him when he was injured there was very little if any difference in performance. Marcus Price, as many of you know, is basically a bargin bin career back-up lineman.

You guys act as though the line will now all of a sudden suffer from some catastrophic failure because of the lose of an average starting lineman who was easily replaced for 2-4 games with a career back-up lineman. Sure the offensive line is not the best but there will be improvement from the remaining 4/5ths of the line just based on more experience (Tucker's first year as a fulltime starter), continued development (think Mike Williams from the beginning of the year to the end - i.e., night and day), getting used to each other (it was Villareal's first year with the team) and continuity (having four guys that know each other and the system is always a plus). Add in a more mobile quarterback (think of the difference in offensive line performance between when Rob Johnson played (i.e.,, lots of sacks allowed) vs. when Flutie played (very few sacks).

Again, the Pats won a superbowl with a rookie second round pick at left tackle, so there is no reason why the Bills can't be average with the same.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                        I'm not a big fan of paying 2 guys a ton of money for the same position. ie 2 CBs, 2 DTs, 2 OLBs, 2 WRs, 2 DEs.. etc. I just think we were fine last year and it showed by having the 3rd most sacks in the league. I think we'll get more this year with Edwards stepping in and having better coverage in the secondary with Vincent for the whole year at FS and McGee maturing.
                        we were able to take advantage of opportunities last season for sure...but I would like to see someone who is consistenly more disruptive in the backfield on pass plays that we've had here the last few years. It's one thing to have guys who can take advantage of the oppositions plays breaking down and another who they are just plain afraid of breaking down their plays. I know it's a lot to ask and it probably isn't going to happen. But with Spikes running around in our backfield I just think another speed DE would be an awesome menace to put against opposing offenses...they would have to get the ball out much quicker as part of their game plan and our corners and LB would have more chances to get INTs.

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by EDS
                          Not to overstate the obvious, the Bills went 9-7 last year behind virtually the same offensive line last year. Yes Jennings is gone, but when Marcus Price filled in for him when he was injured there was very little if any difference in performance. Marcus Price, as many of you know, is basically a bargin bin career back-up lineman.

You guys act as though the line will now all of a sudden suffer from some catastrophic failure because of the lose of an average starting lineman who was easily replaced for 2-4 games with a career back-up lineman. Sure the offensive line is not the best but there will be improvement from the remaining 4/5ths of the line just based on more experience (Tucker's first year as a fulltime starter), continued development (think Mike Williams from the beginning of the year to the end - i.e., night and day), getting used to each other (it was Villareal's first year with the team) and continuity (having four guys that know each other and the system is always a plus). Add in a more mobile quarterback (think of the difference in offensive line performance between when Rob Johnson played (i.e.,, lots of sacks allowed) vs. when Flutie played (very few sacks).

Again, the Pats won a superbowl with a rookie second round pick at left tackle, so there is no reason why the Bills can't be average with the same.

Some of you worry too much.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
                            Who?

And from where?
                            This is one area we can find an immediate impact from the draft. The draft is deep in DL and a guy like this:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

could be a real contibutor to improving our defensive output. Of course that depends on how our staff evaluates him and what not...I'll leave it up to them. it's not inconceivable a player like that could be available to us. Definately we could get him if we wanted...or even get another 2nd round pick making some trades.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

new england is able to do alot of things that other teams are not able to..

i dont suggest us going into the season with such questions at left tackle.. just like i dont suggest us moving eric moulds to a cb..
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X