PDA

View Full Version : We still need a solution at Kicker

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 01:16 PM
I really hope TD plans on replacing Rian Lindell. They should have handed him his release on the field when he missed a 20 yard field goal that would have put us in the playoffs. The guy can not make anything outside of 43 yards and you can tell Coach Mularkey has no confidence in this guy. Hopefully TD decides to replace him with Mike Nugent or our NFL Europe kicker Owen Pochman might be better at this point. In terms of available players, Steve Christie is still better than Lindell and Vanderjagt may become available after June 1st. The bottom line is, you can not go into the season with Lindell as your kicker.

G. Host
03-13-2005, 01:47 PM
He had a long kick (48 yd?) which he made but the Bills decided to call a time out that had no affect on his kick so you are wrong that he can not make anything longer than 43 yards. No kicker deserves to be cut after one kick - during the last few weeks there were a lot of missed kicks and that is partly due to how the league requires 'fresh' balls which come with a slippery coating on it.

I do not think he is a 'great' kicker but there are few great kickers in the league. Kicking in NFL is not like kicking in college.

Bottom line: Donahoe CAN go with him as kicker even if some do not like it.

Kerr
03-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Nay. We need a better kicking game just in case we find ourselves in a lot of close games. Consider that we have a rookie as our qb. That could spell a few close games. Hopefully los can air it out and expand leads, but just in case, we need all the help we can get. Kyle Boller anyone? The ravens rely on the ground game more than they rely on boller. They still treat him almost as a rookie in that offense. They've had many close games. They're lucky they have a solid kicker in Matt Stover.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 03:27 PM
He had a long kick (48 yd?) which he made but the Bills decided to call a time out that had no affect on his kick so you are wrong that he can not make anything longer than 43 yards. No kicker deserves to be cut after one kick - during the last few weeks there were a lot of missed kicks and that is partly due to how the league requires 'fresh' balls which come with a slippery coating on it.

I do not think he is a 'great' kicker but there are few great kickers in the league. Kicking in NFL is not like kicking in college.

Bottom line: Donahoe CAN go with him as kicker even if some do not like it.
Yeah he made a 48 yarder that didn't count. Your right, he shouldn't be cut for missing 1 kick, how about he should be cut for 2 years of sucking and costing us games.

ShadowHawk7
03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
If he is to be replaced, it will be through a very late draft pick, undrafted rookie, or low key free agent. I changed my mind about using a day one pick on Nugent. I'd use a 4th though.