PDA

View Full Version : So you think Kevin Thomas's agent is looking elsewhere?

G. Host
03-13-2005, 01:36 PM
He was tendered an offer so the agent would need to convince another team that he was worth the draft pick the team was giving up. While I think he did a good job in some situations and an ok job in others I would not mind another draft pick rather than having scouting staff have to look thru bargin bins.

Kerr
03-13-2005, 01:50 PM
One guy I would look at as a nickel or fourth corner is Dennis Weathersby. He got released by the bengals.

EDS
03-13-2005, 02:02 PM
He was tendered an offer so the agent would need to convince another team that he was worth the draft pick the team was giving up. While I think he did a good job in some situations and an ok job in others I would not mind another draft pick rather than having scouting staff have to look thru bargin bins.

He is a solid nickel corner and cheap to boot. There is no guarantee a draft pick would be as good.

Jersey1031
03-13-2005, 02:03 PM
One guy I would look at as a nickel or fourth corner is Dennis Weathersby. He got released by the bengals.

thats the guy who got shot rite??

Kerr
03-13-2005, 02:10 PM
thats the guy who got shot rite??
Yes. A good prospect coming out of oregon state, but so far he's been injury prone. I'd bring him into camp just to compete.

Ickybaluky
03-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Not only was he shot, but in his rookie year he had a severe car accident that gave him head injuries. The reason the Bengals cut him is because the doctors refuse to clear him to play due to his head injury. Too much chance of re-injury.

His career is over.

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Too bad- he was a #1 pick before getting shot a few days before the draft

Jersey1031
03-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Not only was he shot, but in his rookie year he had a severe car accident that gave him head injuries. The reason the Bengals cut him is because the doctors refuse to clear him to play due to his head injury. Too much chance of re-injury.

His career is over.

that sucks...

Kerr
03-13-2005, 02:41 PM
The reason the Bengals cut him is because the doctors refuse to clear him to play due to his head injury. Too much chance of re-injury.

His career is over.
Really? That bites the big one.

Marvelous
03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
I agree with everyone else that a pick most likely won't be as good as Thomas.
It's possible that Thomas breaks out this year also. I say lock him long term since we can do so cheap.

Kinda like insurance in case Clements bails..

clumping platelets
03-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Kevin Thomas would not be a huge loss in 05 but down the road when we have no one under contract at CB in 06......

I think he's a decent #4 CB, still has a ways to go to be a solid #3 or potential starter