PDA

View Full Version : Mike Willams........

Dantheman1280
03-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I know hes not the stud we thought we were getting when we took him 4th overall, but he has show quite a bit of improvement the past year. If he is working hard this offseason he might be able to take over that left tackle spot and do just as good of a job as JJ. I know its not a lock but the kid obviously has talent. Then we can find a RT. Give me some feed back here! This seems like our only option with any promise.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd like to give him a try at LT just like you but I don't see it happening. He's probably too slow and the quick ends on his side would blow right by him and nail the QB at his blind side. Hopefully we can find a way to get L.J. Shelton.

Yasgur's Farm
03-13-2005, 06:05 PM
I agree. He's our best tackle. There's nobody on the FA market who would be better. There's nobody in the draft who would be better. Shelton wouldn't be better. Our best tackle should start on the left side... Like it or not.

I believe we'll sign DeMulling who will start at center and bump Teague to RT. Peters may add a little something to the mix as well.

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Can't wait until the first mini camp in May. We will get a much better idea of who's moving where, and we will have seen what came out of the draft

lunatic_bills_fan
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I guess what people are saying mostly, when you draft a guy #4 in a draft, you dont expect to have to wait 4 years for your return. This kid makes way too much money to say " oh well, he did make some improvement last year". This fat kid better step up to the plate and start playing like a 9 million dollar RT :worry:

Dozerdog
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, behind him he had a 1300 yard RB, a 1400 yard RB, and McGahee 's 1100 yard season....all the time straddled with guys like Pucillo next to him and Bledsoe behind him.
A man on an island for a while.

Dantheman1280
03-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I think he can do it, but the question is will he step up to the plate and do a good job!

lunatic_bills_fan
03-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, behind him he had a 1300 yard RB, a 1400 yard RB, and McGahee 's 1100 yard season....all the time straddled with guys like Pucillo next to him and Bledsoe behind him.
A man on an island for a while.

That is true about his LG support Dozer, I admit that is something I continue to forget about.