X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

'Roids in the NFL(link)

We've avoided the subject in the NFL thus far with all that MLB has been going through, but it's only a matter of time until some roid burnout decides to write a "Tell-All" book and we have to deal with the subject.

MLB has been going through hell during Spring Training but I think everyone knows that that "Roids" are probably much more of a problem in the NFL that it is in MLB - When I was in HS playing Football more than 15 years ago there were a few of my teammates experimenting with the Juice back then so you can only imagine how much of a problem it is in the League today.

In a sport in which Strength, Speed and stamina are the major assets to the players we've all dreaded the day that this Steroid controversy came out into the open.. It looks as if the Panthers are the first in the League to be forced to deal with the issue.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/03/13/bc.fbn.steroids.panthers.ap/index.html

Do you think there are any Bills that might be getting Juiced?
    Last edited by juice; 03-13-2005, 08:54 PM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by juice
    When I was in HS playing Football more than 15 years ago there were a few of my teammates experimenting with the Juice back then so you can only imagine how much of a problem it is in the League today.

soo true, i see it first hand since i am a senior in hs. and it just bothers me that these guys can cheat and enhance their performance while me staying and otehrs alike get beat by these "cheaters."
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Jersey1031
      • Feb 2003

staying clean***
      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

I think lindell is on the roid
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

If anyone here doesn't think about 90+% of NFL players (including most Bills) Aren't on the juice...God do I have some property to sell you! :-)

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

if i had to pick a bill, i would have to say spikes.. based purely on appearance.

but i dont think he is.. so i would say no bills.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Konyeezie
              • Feb 2005

There are a lot of Bills on roids and a lot of players around the league on them.

I also see it in HS, I hate those cheaters. I work twice as hard and get half the results, it sucks.

Anyone hear the ridiculous tuff Arnold has said and how he veto'd the bill to test student athletes?

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Konyeezie
                There are a lot of Bills on roids and a lot of players around the league on them.

I also see it in HS, I hate those cheaters. I work twice as hard and get half the results, it sucks.

Anyone hear the ridiculous tuff Arnold has said and how he veto'd the bill to test student athletes?
                Body Builders are all on Roids and Arnold would be basically be leaving that Exibition sport out on a limb if he came out against the use of Steroids.. He's admitted to using Juice when he was competing.

Bodybuilding can be compared to Pro wrestling as more of an exibition rather than a sport and both sports rely alot on the use of Juice.

How can any Bodybuilder remain competitive without the use of 'Roids when success depends primarily on getting pumped up with swollen muscles, the same as the WWF wrestlers.

I guess Arnold doesn't care as much about the kids as he does the Sport.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

I'm pretty sure Moorman is juicing.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

many many bills and nfl players use steriods or other banned performance aides. they might cycle off or mask their use, but they use them.

i think there should just be an open policy for steriods in the nfl, let them use them and don't pretend that they don't.

playing football isn't "good for you" in the first place, don't pretend it is a health issue with the steriods (not saying anyone did, but that is a common cry).

steriods = better football and i work hard enough every day to want to see the best possible NFL action on sundays.

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

A couple of things stand out here. first of all, the article only states that the Panthers were subpoenead, not the players. In the investigators simply subpoenaed the Panthers to divulge the home addresses of the players in question. Legal hairsplitting, maybe, but it sounds like the case mentioned in the article is still in the preliminary stages.

Second, unlike MLB, the NFL has had steroids included in their Substance Abuse Policy for several years owing, in large measure, to the Lyle Alzado saga. Until Mark McGuire admitted that he was using androstinedione, baseball was content to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to ANY allegations of steroid use. Even as details in the BALCO case began tricklin out, Bud Selig and Donald Fehr sidestepped the issue at every turn. Revellations by Jose Canseco notwithstanding, Selig and Fehr still resisted addressing the issue, until Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and others threatened to revisit MLB's Anti-Trust Law exemption. Baseball had been content to let the issue slide, as homeruns had been flying out of band box ball parks in record numbers in recent years. Baseball NEEDED someting like the Maris/Aaron home run chase to bring back disenchanted fans they had lost when they cancelled the 1994 World Series.

It is possible that the NFL may revisit its testing policy, in light of the case against David Boston and more recent allegations involving Bill Romanoswski. Under current policy, the NFL does not suspend a player until his THIRD violation of the policy. Names do not become public until the second violation. Depending on the outcome of the Congressional hearings, scheduled to begin Thursday, the NFL and NFLPA may be forced to incorporate a stricter steroid policy in the CBA before they extend or renegotiate it.

Last, there is the issue of High School/College athletes using steroids. Testing is expensive, and parents (of all people) still resist the notion of drug testing for student athletes, citing privacy/rights issues. However, it must remembered that interscholastic sports are a priveledge, not a divine right. Even IF one would call it a "right," no "right" comes with out a responsibility.
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        • May 2004

An overly simplistic way to identify steroid users is to look at injury history, most specifically type of injury. Those players who are routinely sidelined with tendon/ligament/muscle injuries would be the first players I would look at closely.
                        Like I said...this is overly simplistic, but over the course of history, has proven to be surprisingly accurate.

One Bill who "fits the bill" (no pun intended) is, sadly, Eric Moulds.
                        He is built like a mack truck and also has a history of the injuries so typical among juicers.
                        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                          An overly simplistic way to identify steroid users is to look at injury history, most specifically type of injury. Those players who are routinely sidelined with tendon/ligament/muscle injuries would be the first players I would look at closely.
                          Like I said...this is overly simplistic, but over the course of history, has proven to be surprisingly accurate.

One Bill who "fits the bill" (no pun intended) is, sadly, Eric Moulds.
                          He is built like a mack truck and also has a history of the injuries so typical among juicers.
                          Everytime i see him in person at Training Camp, i was thinking the same thing. I would not be suprised at all if he juices.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

BTW...anyone see JP's guns? I think he might be juicing too.

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Travis Henry is built like a brick wall and tends to get injured quite often.. although Henry's injuries might have as much to do with his running style and size as anything else - is he juicing?

Comment

Working...
                              X