PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor possible deal not dead yet?

Kerr
03-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Lenny P:
Despite the statement released by coach Nick Saban this week that the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) neither plan to trade Jason Taylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3968) nor move him to linebacker, don't pencil the veteran defensive end into the Dolphins' opening day lineup just yet. Sources within the organization contend that the Dolphins might listen if the right offer for Taylor came along. One reason: Some staffers feel that Taylor is an undisciplined defender at times, a player who freelances in search of the sack, a guy who doesn't take on blockers very well. They love his upfield speed but are wary, they say, of Taylor's alleged habit of getting out of position. We always felt that Taylor, despite his lack of bulk, played the run pretty well. Then again, our opinion really doesn't count, does it? And remember this: Before owner Wayne Huizenga hired Saban, the typically low-key Taylor was one of the players who publicly questioned the wisdom of hiring the former LSU coach. In any case, don't close the door on a possible trade of Taylor just yet.

Henry and a late pick for Taylor? In a heartbeat.

Samphin1
03-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Oy vey. For the last time. JASON TAYLOR WILL NOT BE TRADED! Does anyone even realize that Saban himself has realeased a statement that says they plan to build the defense around him? Anyone realize that these writers make up rumors and sources because Miami has shut out the media?

Besides, even if this were true, no way in hell is he traded to a division rival. I wouldn't want to face him once a year, let alone twice. In fact, I would trade him to the Yankess or something so that Miami would never have to face him. Henry and a late round pick? That wouldn't get it done. Taylor is the epitome of a franchise player, so the equivalant of that would be the asking price. Give us two first rounders ( or first round caliber players like Takeo, Moulds, Clements etc. ) and then we oculd tlak. But even then it wouldn't heppen because he won't be traded to a division rival.

Sportsuser101
03-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Oy vey. For the last time. JASON TAYLOR WILL NOT BE TRADED! Does anyone even realize that Saban himself has realeased a statement that says they plan to build the defense around him? Anyone realize that these writers make up rumors and sources because Miami has shut out the media?

Besides, even if this were true, no way in hell is he traded to a division rival. I wouldn't want to face him once a year, let alone twice. In fact, I would trade him to the Yankess or something so that Miami would never have to face him. Henry and a late round pick? That wouldn't get it done. Taylor is the epitome of a franchise player, so the equivalant of that would be the asking price. Give us two first rounders ( or first round caliber players like Takeo, Moulds, Clements etc. ) and then we oculd tlak. But even then it wouldn't heppen because he won't be traded to a division rival.
And now it starts to leak...

clumping platelets
03-14-2005, 06:12 AM
I wouldn't close the door on a trade, but I'm absolutely 100% sure that Miami would want much more than Henry and a late pick from any team

Rhettoric
03-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Well I hope they trade him away regardless of who gets him. JT is the only reason my fiancee is a fin fan. How embarrassing! :hitself:

ICE74129
03-14-2005, 08:35 AM
If we put one more damn dime into that defense I will personally drive the 16 hours to buffalo and kick TD's ass. OFFENSE!

Michael82
03-14-2005, 08:39 AM
If we put one more damn dime into that defense I will personally drive the 16 hours to buffalo and kick TD's ass. OFFENSE!
:calm:

Kerr
03-14-2005, 09:08 AM

That's what they said about Drew Bledsoe. Stranger things have happened.
Travis Henry had the chance to become a franchise player. Does miami want to count on a rookie rather than an experienced player to run their ground game? Henry would fit the bill for any team that wants a solid back with experience. Henry and a late pick, maybe two, would be all our GM would be willing to give up, imo.

Samphin1
03-14-2005, 09:56 AM
That's what they said about Drew Bledsoe. Stranger things have happened.
Travis Henry had the chance to become a franchise player. Does miami want to count on a rookie rather than an experienced player to run their ground game? Henry would fit the bill for any team that wants a solid back with experience. Henry and a late pick, maybe two, would be all our GM would be willing to give up, imo.

If that is all your GM would be willing to give up, then, the finger is all we are willing to give up. Travis Henry won't get it done. The only way would be like Henry and a first and second round drafft pikc next year. That is the equal two two first rounders that a franchise player would get, and Taylor is a Franchise player.

The Bledsoe deal is different. Bledsoe LOST his starting job and was way expensive. Taylor is still in the upper echelon of DE's and hasn't lost his job. He isn't an expensive bench warmer, like Bledose was going to be.