PDA

View Full Version : Stockar McDougle??

Mahdi
03-13-2005, 11:35 PM
I wonder if the reason TD didnt shell out a lot of cash for Womack is because he is in contract negotiations with McDougle? Having him and DeMulling sign would solve our O-line probs fer sure. Even if we get only Stockar ...then we could use our 2nd rounder to grab a guard. Any thougts?

Throne Logic
03-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Would this really solve our OL problems?

Michael82
03-14-2005, 08:07 AM
:ill:

Ickybaluky
03-14-2005, 09:54 AM
McDougle is visiting Pittsburgh today.

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 09:56 AM
McDougle and Demulling would definitely solve our o-line problems. Demulling is outstanding and McDougle is one of the more solid tackles in the league. Neither are great but both are very good.

Charlieguide
03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
OL is very weak in this year's draft. A 2nd round G probably wouldn't see the starting roster this year, if at all.

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 10:07 AM
OL is very weak in this year's draft. A 2nd round G probably wouldn't see the starting roster this year, if at all.
If we are looking at center, the 2nd round has 2 good ones. David Baas and Ben Wilkerson. Both are capable of starting in the NFL immediately much like Nick Hardwick did for San Diego last year.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:08 AM
McDougle is one of the more solid tackles in the league.
Tell that to Detroit Lions fans. :ill:

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Tell that to Detroit Lions fans. :ill:I would if there was one around. For those not confident in McDougle, I'm sure McNally can make a really good tackle out of him. There's nothing that guy can't do. The one thing that proved he was a magician last year was the fact that Bledsoe got sacked just 14 times in the last 9 games.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
I would if there was one around. For those not confident in McDougle, I'm sure McNally can make a really good tackle out of him. There's nothing that guy can't do. The one thing that proved he was a magician last year was the fact that Bledsoe got sacked just 14 times in the last 9 games.
McNally would be the only reason why I wouldn't mind McDougle here.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:15 AM
actually, maybe he isn't that bad....

The penalties do scare me a bit.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=5049&Submit=Go

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 10:16 AM
actually, maybe he isn't that bad....

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=5049&Submit=Go
See, I told you. He's a good player.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Now compare him to the guy that we all want... LJ Shelton

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:21 AM
And then to Big Mike Williams....

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:22 AM
And this is why I want DeMulling. Look at his penalties and sacks allowed. :clap:

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:23 AM
And for juice.... :D

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/playerstats.asp?id=3161&Submit=Go

Mahdi
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
MW allows way too many sacks.....I really hope his contract is redone.

ShadowHawk7
03-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I'd like to grab DeMulling, and then draft Adam Terry or Marcus Johnson in the draft. Keep Teague at C.

Tatonka
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
rofl.. ruben brown allowed 10 sacks from the guard spot? nice.. probowl-esque

Michael82
03-14-2005, 12:48 PM
rofl.. ruben brown allowed 10 sacks from the guard spot? nice.. probowl-esque
:snicker:

finsrclowns
03-14-2005, 03:02 PM
McDougle is a RT. We already have the most expensive RT in the history of the NFL.

gobuffalo2007
03-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Stockar is perfect for buffalo he is also the only top Ol still interested in the Bills.

EDS
03-14-2005, 04:16 PM
Stockar is perfect for buffalo he is also the only top Ol still interested in the Bills.

Since when has Stockar McDougle ever been considered a top offensive lineman? If McDougle, or Shelton for that matter, were that good they would not be losing their starting positions on crappy teams. These are guys that cannot hold starting jobs on the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals respectively.

gobuffalo2007
03-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Since when has Stockar McDougle ever been considered a top offensive lineman? If McDougle, or Shelton for that matter, were that good they would not be losing their starting positions on crappy teams. These are guys that cannot hold starting jobs on the Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals respectively.
I meant in FA not in the league!

RetroRaiders81
03-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Demulling's stats are impressive.

ParanoidAndroid
03-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Good point but I think he meant top tackles left on the market or trading block. They're better than what we have currently. McDougle is probably average at best with some potential, and Shelton looks like a slightly better tackle with a knack for injuries like JJ. I say we draft an o-line this year to prepare for a run in 2006, unless we somehow end up getting DeMulling. Although, that still leaves us short one tackle.

Tatonka
03-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Good point but I think he meant top tackles left on the market or trading block. They're better than what we have currently. McDougle is probably average at best with some potential, and Shelton looks like a slightly better tackle with a knack for injuries like JJ. I say we draft an o-line this year to prepare for a run in 2006, unless we somehow end up getting DeMulling. Although, that still leaves us short one tackle.

i dont think you can do that.. can the season to get ready for 2006.. by then your dealing with other issues.. injuries.. the loss of clements and moulds.. the list goes on.. win now is the only option.

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 05:31 PM
How do you know he's interested? Did he visit Buffalo or something? I must have missed it. I'd certainly love to have him.

gobuffalo2007
03-14-2005, 08:12 PM
How do you know he's interested? Did he visit Buffalo or something? I must have missed it. I'd certainly love to have him.
No he did not visit but on ESPN it says hes interested in us and greenbay or some team like that.

Tatonka
03-14-2005, 10:35 PM
If we are looking at center, the 2nd round has 2 good ones. David Baas and Ben Wilkerson. Both are capable of starting in the NFL immediately much like Nick Hardwick did for San Diego last year.
baas is a guard by the way.. i am sure he could play center.. but he is one of the best guards in this draft, imho.

Kerr
03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
I would be happy if we signed Mcdougle and Demulling. Mcdougle could probably make the switch to LT.

Sportsuser101
03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah I like Spencer better then Wilkerson. I like Baas the best. Would love to get him no matter what we do in free agency.

ParanoidAndroid
03-15-2005, 12:15 AM
i dont think you can do that.. can the season to get ready for 2006.. by then your dealing with other issues.. injuries.. the loss of clements and moulds.. the list goes on.. win now is the only option.
I think you try to get things in place and play to win, but in reality, not every team can put it all together in the off-season. If Buffalo can't solve the o-line issues and the offense struggles again, what are the chances of a playoff run? I understand that you play to win every season and every game, I understand that, but suppose they can't get the players that put them over the hump? Suppose they get young players that could be ready in a year or two. There's nothing wrong with planning for the future. Going all in like the Redskins have done in recent years can hurt. It's the teams that save their chips for another hand that seem to have the longevity and the cohesion.
I'm not suggesting they fold up. I'm just suggesting they build a solid, young offensive line to go along with JP, Willis, and Evans.

Mahdi
03-15-2005, 05:17 AM
I think you try to get things in place and play to win, but in reality, not every team can put it all together in the off-season. If Buffalo can't solve the o-line issues and the offense struggles again, what are the chances of a playoff run? I understand that you play to win every season and every game, I understand that, but suppose they can't get the players that put them over the hump? Suppose they get young players that could be ready in a year or two. There's nothing wrong with planning for the future. Going all in like the Redskins have done in recent years can hurt. It's the teams that save their chips for another hand that seem to have the longevity and the cohesion.
I'm not suggesting they fold up. I'm just suggesting they build a solid, young offensive line to go along with JP, Willis, and Evans.
I agree that we need some youth, every team does, but we have way too many older players in key positions to think even one year ahead would not be wise. Add to that the fact that some players will not be here next year and the only option is to do whatever possible to win RIGHT NOW!! jmo.

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2005, 06:50 AM
McDougal is horrible!!! He wants Top LT money, and he's not even CLOSE to being a top LT. Trust me on this one guys, we don't want this bum, unless he signs for next to nothing.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Miami is making (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11137513.htm) (scroll to bottom) McDougle and offer, and it looks like his most likely destination at this point.

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Miami is making (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11137513.htm) (scroll to bottom) McDougle and offer, and it looks like his most likely destination at this point.

in light of the post above yours.. it sounds like good news.

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2005, 09:49 AM

:up: It's ok, you can acknowledge that you AGREE with me, lol. I'm not so bad T.

I re-iterate that Stocker sucks. Go to a Lions board and see what they think of him.

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 10:06 AM
:up: It's ok, you can acknowledge that you AGREE with me, lol. I'm not so bad T.

I re-iterate that Stocker sucks. Go to a Lions board and see what they think of him.

well i cant say that i agree w/ you because i dont know enough about him.. but i will take your word for it... and the teams.. they obviously dont think he is great, because even with our glaring need for a LT, they havent brought him in and obviously consider Teague a better option. :idunno:

and i never thought that you were THAT bad anyways. :couch: :up:

Ickybaluky
03-15-2005, 10:11 AM

He is no LT, that is for sure.

Forward_Lateral
03-15-2005, 10:21 AM
well i cant say that i agree w/ you because i dont know enough about him.. but i will take your word for it... and the teams.. they obviously dont think he is great, because even with our glaring need for a LT, they havent brought him in and obviously consider Teague a better option. :idunno:

and i never thought that you were THAT bad anyways. :couch: :up:

LOL. Thanks.

McClane
03-15-2005, 05:37 PM
He's a Dolphin now..

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2454

BuffaloRanger
03-15-2005, 06:19 PM
The O line is set. We have McNally remember? He took the Giants line of 2 cartboys, a bouncer, a pizza deliveryman, and a 7th rd pick and molded them into a Super Bowl team.

TD's looking at drafting a 4th TE or another 2nd rd DE. Don't draft for need, just best player. It's worked so great do far. Why mess with success? In TD we trust.

Tatonka
03-15-2005, 07:11 PM
The O line is set. We have McNally remember? He took the Giants line of 2 cartboys, a bouncer, a pizza deliveryman, and a 7th rd pick and molded them into a Super Bowl team.

TD's looking at drafting a 4th TE or another 2nd rd DE. Don't draft for need, just best player. It's worked so great do far. Why mess with success? In TD we trust.

that was kinda funny. :snicker:

Mr.Reality
03-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Stock Car McDonalds could have been a good tackle if he ever put any effort into it. He was supposed to be big and mean. And he was, after about three years, when he felt like it. He's got a lot of talent, and the size. He'd be good if you could keep him motivated. He's going into his 5th or 6th year. I'm not sure how motivated he'll ever get. In Detroit he had about 1 and 1/2 good years out of 4, and that year wasn't nothin' to write home to momma about.

Mahdi
03-15-2005, 11:04 PM
How bout we put Mcnally at LT.