• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Panthers players to be subpoenaed

Panthers | Players Subpoenaed in S.C. Steroid Probe - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:25:39 -0800

According to the Associated Press, investigators probing an alternative medicine doctor want to speak to at least nine current or former members of the Carolina Panthers about possible illegal steroid prescriptions. Dr. James Shortt, a physician based in Columbia, S.C., is under investigation for allegedly prescribing steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, according to The State. The newspaper's story is based on court records, as well as sources speaking on condition of anonymity. Federal agents have subpoenaed several Panthers as part of the probe, but none of their identities have been released. Sources claim that several of these players were on the squad which represented the NFC in the 2004 Super Bowl.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

It's FINALLY going to come out. Good! I've always been wondering how many of these constant Pro Bowlers in the NFL are using Steroids.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
      It's FINALLY going to come out. Good! I've always been wondering how many of these constant Pro Bowlers in the NFL are using Steroids.
      be careful what you wish for, this could hurt any team.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

It would be funny if Muhsin Muhammud was one of them and the Bears got screwed again.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
          be careful what you wish for, this could hurt any team.
          That's true, especially if the players that I'm thinking are actually using steroids..... *cough* Moulds, JP, Spikes... *cough*

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
            It would be funny if Muhsin Muhammud was one of them and the Bears got screwed again.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

I'm having deja vu all over again.

Comment

• dannyek71
                Drink Responsibly
                • Dec 2004

Im surprised they havent come after Moorman. That guy is obviously juicing. Hes HUGE!
                [

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

Come on, we all have to know that most of these guys are using them. There is no other reason for there massive bodies. I mean TKO's neck is as big as my quad's. I don't think it will get as bad as it did with baseball cause no one will come out and admit it and the union will never agree to any testing.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by ryjam282

Come on, we all have to know that most of these guys are using them. There is no other reason for there massive bodies. I mean TKO's neck is as big as my quad's. I don't think it will get as bad as it did with baseball cause no one will come out and admit it and the union will never agree to any testing.
                    I hate to see you come out and accuse TKO of using them. The guy works his ass off and I'm just going to assume he doesn't until there is some sort of evidence. Let's not come out with false assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                    X