PDA

View Full Version : Lease Problems?

dannyek71
03-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Read this at Billsdaily

Lease In Jeopardy? The financial woes of Erie County may hit the Bills which could nullify the lease if legislators aren't careful. Two county legislators have sent the Bills a letter asking them to allow the county to forego a $3.56 Million payment that is needed to maintain the county owned stadium. If the Bills agree to this they will be picking up the tab. If they don't, and the county doesn't pay it, they will be violating the terms of the lease giving the Bills a free out and a chance to move. The County Executive was upset about the letter and doesn't feel that it should have been sent. The Bills referred the letter back to his office. There is a hearing tonight which the letter will be reviewed.

Scary...

Novacane
03-14-2005, 09:23 AM
erie county sucks.

Devin
03-14-2005, 09:30 AM
wtf.

Historian
03-14-2005, 09:34 AM
I knew it was just a matter of time before this issue came up.

DMBcrew36
03-14-2005, 09:39 AM
I hate Giambra. He is such a dumbass and took a hurting city/county and put it even further into the toilet.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 09:52 AM
What gives those two politicians the right to write that ****ing letter? I hope Ralph just laughs it off. :mad:

Michael82
03-14-2005, 09:54 AM
I hate Giambra. He is such a dumbass and took a hurting city/county and put it even further into the toilet.
You hate him almost as much as i hate Mayor Johnson. Wasting $32 million on a ****ing oversized boat that only goes to Toronto and back. :ill: :shakeno:

Meanwhile, they are closing a couple schools to save money. :cynic:

dannyek71
03-14-2005, 10:19 AM
If this screws something up, who wants to join my group and we will torch city hall?

Michael82
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
If this screws something up, who wants to join my group and we will torch city hall?
I will!

clumping platelets
03-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Bills bring more $$$ into WNY than they get from the county.

Bad move by the legislators.

Hmmm.....keep the Bills in WNY or finance patronage?

Erie County politicians should be shot!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Erie county is in such shambles, I can't see them making the lease payment. I mean really, where are they going to come up with the $$. I am completely amazed that the people have allowed their leaders to run the county (and the city of Buffalo) into the ground. They could not have done a worse job if they had set out to try to destroy the county.

The Bills are not long for Buffalo...at some point Ralph will be gone and so will our team. We should enjoy the last remaining major league sport in Buffalo while we can.
Hockey is gone, the Bills will be next.

It hurts me to say and to think that, but it is true.

Typ0
03-14-2005, 10:57 AM
Erie county is in such shambles, I can't see them making the lease payment. I mean really, where are they going to come up with the $$. I am completely amazed that the people have allowed their leaders to run the county (and the city of Buffalo) into the ground. They could not have done a worse job if they had set out to try to destroy the county.

The Bills are not long for Buffalo...at some point Ralph will be gone and so will our team. We should enjoy the last remaining major league sport in Buffalo while we can.

that's it...I'm going to have to ban you.

dannyek71
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I agree, I really dont see us being around too much longer. It will be a sad, sad day when the Bills finally leave......

tampabay25690
03-14-2005, 11:27 AM
erie county sucks.

Thats why we live in FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!

tampabay25690
03-14-2005, 11:28 AM
All Bills fans can keep doing is buying tickets and merchandise and hopefully we will never see the day that this would happen!!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-14-2005, 11:33 AM

Joel Giambra isn't in City Hall his office is on the 22nd floor of the Edward A. Rath building. City hall is where Masiello is.

Voltron
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Yep got to love what happens when you elect Tax and spend democrats :rolleyes:

They just love to cut off their nose to spite their face! :shakeno:

THATHURMANATOR
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM

They aren't moving man...

generalmills
03-14-2005, 11:39 AM
alright... enough is enough.. not a week goes by without a post like this... We as bills fans have to put up with the constant threat that the bills are going to leave us (no really THIS time its true :crazy: )
Memo to all: The bills are not going anywhere...
No matter how bad the erie county situation is, they cannot justify allowing the bills to slip through the cracks of the budget "crisis" and off to some "up and coming" west coast city. Aslong as Mr. Wilson is still alive, we will always have the opportunity to see them play on Sundays in Orchard Park. And I'd bet the farm that when Ralph dies he will have taken care of the situation...He loves the bills and the people of western new york (not one of us has seen the guys will and we have no legit evidence to tell us otherwise). Ralph is not stupid...He will have something worked out. The Bills will be here come this fall and for many years to come...Take a deep breath and calm down!!!.

Rhettoric
03-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Ironic isn't it that the home of the Bills cant afford to pay their bills...

DMBcrew36
03-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I am completely amazed that the people have allowed their leaders to run the county (and the city of Buffalo) into the ground.
He got reelected. How are we supposed to stop him?

Michael82
03-14-2005, 11:50 AM
I still say that every damn Buffalo and Rochester Business will pool their money into a big group and invest in the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Bills of Western NY when Ralph passes. They know that the Bills are the ONLY thing keeping this area alive. If they allow the Bills to leave, tons will follow them out of the state or at least out of Western NY.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=DaBillzAhDaShiznit]I am completely amazed that the people have allowed their leaders to run the county (and the city of Buffalo) into the ground. QUOTE]

How the hell did he get re-elected?!?!? That is a ****ing travesty! :ill: :shakeno:

DMBcrew36
03-14-2005, 11:59 AM
How the hell did he get re-elected?!?!? That is a ****ing travesty! :ill: :shakeno:Honestly, I was fooled myself. I graduated from St. Joes last year and my AP Gov teacher had Giambra come debate his competition in our gym before the election. Everyone there, along with myself, was fooled. His competition, whose name illudes me now, mentioned his abuse of funds during the debate. Unfortunately, we did not not see how right he was. He refurnishes his offices every year and pays his personal driver $80,000 a year, just to drive him around. These are just 2 examples of him blowing our money. Unfortunately, very few citizens know anything about politics.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Honestly, I was fooled myself. I graduated from St. Joes last year and my AP Gov teacher had Giambra come debate his competition in our gym before the election. Everyone there, along with myself, was fooled. His competition, whose name illudes me now, mentioned his abuse of funds during the debate. Unfortunately, we did not not see how right he was. He refurnishes his offices every year and pays his personal driver $80,000 a year, just to drive him around. These are just 2 examples of him blowing our money. Unfortunately, very few citizens know anything about politics.
Look at who's running NY state. You can tell that few citizens know anything about politics. Plus, i still can't believe that almost every jackass who can't make a state budget by their deadline got re-elected last year. And how the hell is Governor NYC Pataki still the gov of this state??!?! That's :crazy: too.

Typ0
03-14-2005, 12:11 PM
why do all you dems keep bashing the dems...I think it's hillarious.

DMBcrew36
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM
why do all you dems keep bashing the dems...I think it's hillarious.I'm not a Dem. I'm a registered Republican, but I do not have party loyalty to all Republican candidates. If I could describe our country's government, it would be 'Democracy for the Few.' It will always be the haves protecting themselves from the have-nots.

Back to the Bills being asked for money. **** THAT. The county just sent my dad a letter telling us our house is now worth $60,000 more than it was worth last week. How the hell is our house all of the sudden worth that much more. The same **** is happening to all my neighbors in Amherst. The county legislators are making the citizens clean up the mess that they made by being complete and udder dumbasses.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
why do all you dems keep bashing the dems...I think it's hillarious.
I'm technically a registered Republican, but i swing a little more liberal than conservative.

Ickybaluky
03-14-2005, 12:47 PM
I still say that every damn Buffalo and Rochester Business will pool their money into a big group and invest in the Buffalo Bills or Buffalo Bills of Western NY when Ralph passes. They know that the Bills are the ONLY thing keeping this area alive. If they allow the Bills to leave, tons will follow them out of the state or at least out of Western NY.

However, the NFL doesn't allow corporate ownership. It would have to be an individual with a lot of money who was willing to step up and invest in the team.

There are rules to get approved to purchase a team. There has to be less than a certain percentage of debt (in other words, there has to be a sizeable cash investment up front), and there has to be a majority ownership.

Even if Wilson were to sell the team, the person purchasing the team would need to be approved by the NFL for the sale to go through.

Sportsuser101
03-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't mind a move to Jersey if the Giants/Jets move to NY. :dance:

Typ0
03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm technically a registered Republican, but i swing a little more liberal than conservative.

you might "technically" be a republican because you didn't know what you were doing when you registered...but there is just no way you are a republican and you aren't a swinger either.

Jeff1220
03-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Other than the Bills, I really don't have any emotional connection to WNY. However, I am and always have been a fan of the Buffalo Bills. I really hope this never has to happen, but if that were to change, I'd have to re-evaluate my team loyalties. At this point, I'm not really sure what my personal outcome would be. :pray:

Michael82
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
you might "technically" be a republican because you didn't know what you were doing when you registered...but there is just no way you are a republican and you aren't a swinger either.
I don't mind some republicans, but I can't stand Bush. BTW, I'm not a big Hillary fan either.

dannyek71
03-14-2005, 02:02 PM
And you might "technically" be a democrat because you are currently working at walmart/are unemployed:funny::peace:

Ebenezer
03-14-2005, 02:11 PM
erie county sucks.

yup.

yup.

he is partially to blame...there also 15 county legislators, 13 city councilors and lots and lots of flunkies, interns and ass'ts.

What gives those two politicians the right to write that ****ing letter?

They are trying to cut the budget down to bare minimum...the problem is the electorate that keeps voting incompetents into office time and time again.

that would be county hall...and I am all in favor of gathering as many people as possible and storming the hall and barracading it so that they cannot get in/out...it worked in Kiev.

Erie County politicians should be shot!

murder is a little drastic but I have told you for years that there are very few true Republicans around here and that the Dems were destroying everything.

The people put him there. The people must remove him. Physical blockades of 100,000 around the Rath Building would be a good start. People don't protest or blockade, they obviously don't care.

ParanoidAndroid
03-14-2005, 02:23 PM
There is no single party you can put the blame on this for. All the incentive money to bring in new industry, especially service industry has been pumped into downstate. Buffalo is the epitome of a rust belt city and the state has been neglecting WNY for decades. If WNY could attract more high tech industry, all our problems would be solved. When people can come to Buffalo and Erie county and earn a decent wage, then maybe we'll be able to keep an NFL team here. Otherwise, we would have to pull off a similar miracle as Green Bay did. The exodus out of WNY is not slowing down and housing costs are incredibly low. The tax base is getting weaker all the time. I pray the Bills stay, but it would come as no surprise if they move after RW passes away.

Ebenezer
03-14-2005, 02:30 PM
There is no single party you can put the blame on this for. All the incentive money to bring in new industry, especially service industry has been pumped into downstate. Buffalo is the epitome of a rust belt city and the state has been neglecting WNY for decades. If WNY could attract more high tech industry, all our problems would be solved. When people can come to Buffalo and Erie county and earn a decent wage, then maybe we'll be able to keep an NFL team here. Otherwise, we would have to pull off a similar miracle as Green Bay did. The exodus out of WNY is not slowing down and housing costs are incredibly low. The tax base is getting weaker all the time. I pray the Bills stay, but it would come as no surprise if they move after RW passes away.
That's just the point...Bethlhem Steel in Lackawanna closed and there was nothing to pick up the slack...Bethlehem Steel in Pittsburgh closed and Heinz opened a new line of products and put people back to work. Buffalo has never had local owned major industry. We are a bunch of small and barely mid-sized companies that put 100s to work...not 1000s. With our history of taxation, unions and apathetic attitude who would want to bring something here that puts 5,000 to 20,000 people to work at 40,000 a year? ain't going to happen. this area is controlled by a very minor few...unless you are a pol, a pols buddy, a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor or an exec at a company there is little you can do to climb the ladder here...it is worse for younger people entering the workforce...

for the first time this weekend, my wife and I actually had a discussion that included us leaving...it may not be for 10-15 years, but once our kids are grown what will there be for us to stay here and get taxed to death?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Here's an :idea: don't build a stupid Bass Pro shop in the Aud and give the $38 Million :zb: to the BILLS!!! :fury:

Michael82
03-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Here's an :idea: don't build a stupid Bass Pro shop in the Aud and give the $38 Million :zb: to the BILLS!!! :fury:
I was thinking the same thing. Why the hell should they give that much ****ing money to a freaking fishing/outdoor store? That would be more useful elsewhere IMO. The reason is because Erie County and any other NY county/city loves Pork. Rochester is getting ready to waste money on a underground bus terminal and a performing arts center. WTH do we need that? why do we need to waste $32 million on a ****ing ferry? It's getting ridiculous! :mad:

Crisis
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Don't be foolish guys. A big ass fish store is just what Buffalo needs to jumpstart the economy. :rolleyes:

DMBcrew36
03-14-2005, 02:59 PM
That's just the point...Bethlhem Steel in Lackawanna closed and there was nothing to pick up the slack...Bethlehem Steel in Pittsburgh closed and Heinz opened a new line of products and put people back to work. Buffalo has never had local owned major industry. We are a bunch of small and barely mid-sized companies that put 100s to work...not 1000s. With our history of taxation, unions and apathetic attitude who would want to bring something here that puts 5,000 to 20,000 people to work at 40,000 a year? ain't going to happen. this area is controlled by a very minor few...unless you are a pol, a pols buddy, a teacher, a lawyer, a doctor or an exec at a company there is little you can do to climb the ladder here...it is worse for younger people entering the workforce...

for the first time this weekend, my wife and I actually had a discussion that included us leaving...it may not be for 10-15 years, but once our kids are grown what will there be for us to stay here and get taxed to death?

Bethlehem Steel closing was really ****ty for the area. They were my dad's #1 customer. He owns a steel galvanizing plant on Elmwood near Hertel, Frontier Galvanizing. Business is nowhere near what it used to be.

ParanoidAndroid
03-14-2005, 03:56 PM
The biomedical research industry is a good start. Now they need to attract a major pharmaceutical company into the area. That seems like a logical next step. What Buffalo needs to do is figure out how Cleveland pulled itself out of rust belt hell. Two things that Cleveland did right was building their stadiums downtown and putting Cleveland state close to downtown. Unlike Buffalo, who built their major campus a few miles north and put their stadium in a suburb. There's nothing holding downtown Buffalo together. The MMA is a start, but obviously the NHL is fickle. People will come from miles around to go to the Bass outlet, but that is not nearly enough.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
03-14-2005, 04:02 PM
alright... enough is enough.. not a week goes by without a post like this... We as bills fans have to put up with the constant threat that the bills are going to leave us (no really THIS time its true :crazy: )
Memo to all: The bills are not going anywhere...
No matter how bad the erie county situation is, they cannot justify allowing the bills to slip through the cracks of the budget "crisis" and off to some "up and coming" west coast city. Aslong as Mr. Wilson is still alive, we will always have the opportunity to see them play on Sundays in Orchard Park. And I'd bet the farm that when Ralph dies he will have taken care of the situation...He loves the bills and the people of western new york (not one of us has seen the guys will and we have no legit evidence to tell us otherwise). Ralph is not stupid...He will have something worked out. The Bills will be here come this fall and for many years to come...Take a deep breath and calm down!!!.

I am not suggesting the Bills are on their way out of town anytime soon...just sometime in the next decade.

And how do you rationalize Mr. Wilson's loyalty to WNY?....he is a Detroit guy...with no roots here. His family is even less tied to the area. More likely that Ralph will leave very little instruction on how he wishes the franchise to be operated...he is not a control freak. The simple facts are that when Ralph is gone, and it is time for a new lease...the ownership will be looking for money. If Erie county/Buffalo can't pony up, the team will look elsewhere. What reason would they have to sell a profitable business? It is a cash cow for them.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Bills....I love Buffalo...heck I even love Erie county as odd as that sounds. I am a WNY guy through and through.
I will likely wind up in a mental institution if the Bills pull up stakes. But the reality of economics is that this area can't afford a bidding war to keep the Bills, and that is what it will eventually come down to.

Historian
03-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Yep got to love what happens when you elect Tax and spend democrats :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Giambra and more importantly County Comptroller Naples, are both Republican. What you're seeing is the true result of "trickle down" economics.

The only thing that trickles down is unemployment and poverty.

I don't blame Giambra as much as I do Naples. Every year at budget time, Giambra has said, "We're spending the surplus left by my predicessor."

This year, there was nothing left to dip into, hence the red budget is announced. Of course it was after Giambra was re-elected. My question is...where was our county comptroller all year?

Trying to illegally push her way into Congress. (Presumably so she can do more damage, only on a federal level.)

If I'm Ralph Wilson, I get real Goodfellas on their asses:

**** You, PAY ME!

Novacane
03-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Anyone think Buffalos bad now? If the Bills ever left it would be the most depressing place in the country. That would be a disaster for WNY.

Novacane
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Unfortunately, Giambra and more importantly County Comptroller Naples, are both Republican. !

Giambra only switched to run against Gorski. He's no republican

The_Philster
03-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Anyone think Buffalos bad now? If the Bills ever left it would be the most depressing place in the country. That would be a disaster for WNY.

No doubt...I'd honestly consider moving away if that were to happen

John Ward
03-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I am a "Buffalo Transplant" living in South Florida. I have worked in government (can't say which division) but I am so sick and tired of hearing how broke counties, cities, states, etc... are. It's time to put the "right people" in our offices and demand results! If not, the "people" should be allowed to cast out the "polititions" who do not do what they say! Can I get a "HELL YEAH????"

Typ0
03-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I just think it's a hard job and there aren't that many with the right vision for a particular situation...and then getting the right people with that vision to actually take the job is even more challenging. If you think you put up with beauracracy at work can you imagine what these people have to put up with? And then they have the media constantly breathing down their throats as well. It's pretty clear that politically WNY has been run into the ground and it's going to take some special leadership to change that. One thing I will give Giambra credit for....he's very clearly been stating for years that the buck is being passed far too much and there is need for long term solutions that aren't getting the support they need.

Then I take a look at a guy like Guiliani who took the plunge in a bad economic situation and hired more cops and targeted crime in NY...he ended up changing the face of the city not only in the way it looked but it's economy as well. We need some leadership like that here or I will just be another person leaving town.

John Ward
03-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I just think it's a hard job and there aren't that many with the right vision for a particular situation...and then getting the right people with that vision to actually take the job is even more challenging. If you think you put up with beauracracy at work can you imagine what these people have to put up with? And then they have the media constantly breathing down their throats as well. It's pretty clear that politically WNY has been run into the ground and it's going to take some special leadership to change that. One thing I will give Giambra credit for....he's very clearly been stating for years that the buck is being passed far too much and there is need for long term solutions that aren't getting the support they need.

Then I take a look at a guy like Guiliani who took the plunge in a bad economic situation and hired more cops and targeted crime in NY...he ended up changing the face of the city not only in the way it looked but it's economy as well. We need some leadership like that here or I will just be another person leaving town.

You should run!!!! You have a great outlook on it!!! I still talk my parents into leaving the area to come down here. EVerywhere you look, some major business, such as Scripps Research a biotech center, is building a massive facility. How, the politians here made it happen!!!

BillyT92679
03-14-2005, 05:52 PM
If the Bills left B-lo, I'd be out of this area in a heartbeat. If it wasn't for SU sports, I'd have no loyalty at all to Upstate NY. My family is still here, but my mom is close to retirement, and I'm sure my folks want to retire in greener pastures. As much as I love the beauty of the area, there simply is no future with the morons that run this place. It's really sad... we live in such a lovely part of the country, but it has been run into the ground.

Ebenezer
03-16-2005, 07:55 AM
If the Bills left B-lo, I'd be out of this area in a heartbeat. If it wasn't for SU sports, I'd have no loyalty at all to Upstate NY. My family is still here, but my mom is close to retirement, and I'm sure my folks want to retire in greener pastures. As much as I love the beauty of the area, there simply is no future with the morons that run this place. It's really sad... we live in such a lovely part of the country, but it has been run into the ground.
If the Bills leave Buffalo within five years the metro population goes from 1Mil to 800K...

Forward_Lateral
03-16-2005, 08:06 AM
If the Bills leave, you may as well condemn Buffalo, as well as dig me a grave. I will never watch another NFL game if the Bills leave Buffalo.

Marvelous
03-16-2005, 08:13 AM
If the Bills leave do they change the team name like The Browns/Ravens did?

dannyek71
03-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Better change their name.......If the Bills moved I would seriously give up watching the NFL for some time......

(And probably have to be put on suicide watch)

Michael82
03-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Better change their name.......If the Bills moved I would seriously give up watching the NFL for some time......

(And probably have to be put on suicide watch)
You and me both. :(

ParanoidAndroid
03-16-2005, 11:21 AM
I am a "Buffalo Transplant" living in South Florida. I have worked in government (can't say which division) but I am so sick and tired of hearing how broke counties, cities, states, etc... are. It's time to put the "right people" in our offices and demand results! If not, the "people" should be allowed to cast out the "polititions" who do not do what they say! Can I get a "HELL YEAH????"

No. What you're talking about is mob rule. Revolution? Yes. Mob rule? No. If you want to mobilize against the government, what we need to do is remove capitolism (in other words, greed) as the engine for democracy. Then we might find that the playing field evens out. We can start with killing the corporate lobby, peacefully, of course! :;: (Is it time to move this to the Spin Zone?)
If the Bills move and end up changing their name, I will have no qualms about overthrowing capitolism because at that point, I'll have absolutely nothing to lose! :D

Ebenezer
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
No. What you're talking about is mob rule. Revolution? Yes. Mob rule? No. If you want to mobilize against the government, what we need to do is remove capitolism (in other words, greed) as the engine for democracy. Then we might find that the playing field evens out. We can start with killing the corporate lobby, peacefully, of course! :;: (Is it time to move this to the Spin Zone?)
If the Bills move and end up changing their name, I will have no qualms about overthrowing capitolism because at that point, I'll have absolutely nothing to lose! :D
I have no problem with 80,000 people marching on the Rath building...

dannyek71
03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
Hopefully since no real news came out of that town meeting, then that means there are no major problems? IE Bills will foot the extra part of the Bill without making a scene?

DMBcrew36
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I'd probably follow the team, seeing as I'll get out of college and be open to the option of going elsewhere in the country.

sdbillsfan1
03-16-2005, 01:14 PM
As a a former Buffalo transplant myself,I've often looked back to see whats going on in western New York. To my amazement,nothing seems to change. Before the Ralph was even built ,talk was the Bill might leave. Thank God that didn't happen. Actually thank the people of Western N.Y. for sticking together and finding away to remedy the problem.
Tho the Buffalo area doesn't have the big industry like many other areas of the country ,but it DOES have the greastest people and the most loyal fans around.
I'd rather have a guy from Buffalo covering my back then a native califorian. I know I'm live in San diego now ! when things get the roughest ,Western New Yorkers seem to pull together and get it done !
This time will be no different.yes "I billieve" !!! Not only in the bills but in the folks back HOME !!! Just get it done and hold those nitwit politicians ass to the fire !
GO BIlls and go Buffalo

Ebenezer
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Just get it done and hold those nitwit politicians ass to the fire !

The apathy shown by the electorate during the latest County budget debacle says it all...sure, a select few and county employees have made voice in the media but where is the outrage from the average citizen...silence speaks volumes.

Voltron
03-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Is it just me or does it seem that no one really cares about local politics until 1 of 2 things happen

A. You raise property taxes

B. You cut funding to the high school sports programs.

:rolleyes:

Ebenezer
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Is it just me or does it seem that no one really cares about local politics until 1 of 2 things happen

A. You raise property taxes

B. You cut funding to the high school sports programs.

:rolleyes:
and even then you get very little voice...

in OP people start complaining when the roof leaks in the middle school...actually, many folks in OP are willing to pay a little bit more to keep provided the good education our kids get.