PDA

View Full Version : Plax and Edge to Miami?

lordofgun
03-14-2005, 10:43 AM
I just heard on ESPN Radio's Sportscenter that agent Drew Rosenhaus is actively trying to complete deals which would land both players in Miami.

developing...

NJFINSFAN1
03-14-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't think James comes, he would be worth to much money. Burress played with Saban at Mich St, so maybe a 1 year deal for him.

clumping platelets
03-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Agent with an agenda to funnel players to particular team is wrong

Iehoshua
03-14-2005, 10:56 AM
developing...
Thank you, Matt D.

lordofgun
03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Thank you, Matt D.
I was wondering if anyone would catch that. :D

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Does Miami have enough cap room to get Edge and Burress?

NJFINSFAN1
03-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Does Miami have enough cap room to get Edge and Burress?
Clumpy would be better to ask this too, but I would say no for James without some cuts, he wants a 5 or 6 year deal and big money. I'm hearing Plex may sign a 1 year smaller deal, so he can become a FA next year, so if this happens, I think we fit him in.

EDS
03-14-2005, 11:28 AM
This is good news because then Rosenhaus can't try and use Miami as a crutch when McGahee's contract comes up.

Spielmanrules54
03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Does Miami really need Burress??? Receiver is one of the areas they're pretty good.... Chambers and Booker are good starters.... They could definitely use James though... their running back situation is horrid.

NJFINSFAN1
03-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Does Miami really need Burress??? Receiver is one of the areas they're pretty good.... Chambers and Booker are good starters.... They could definitely use James though... their running back situation is horrid.
Burress would fit in with Linehan's offense, he sets up the run with the pass. he uses the one back offense, so if you can lineup McMike at TE, Chambers, Booker and Plex at Wr, that would really open things up.

The one problem I still feel we have, is who throws it to them?? I'm far from sold on Feeley, and it looks like Frerotte may end up with the Bronco's.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Just imagine how bad he'll be with Willis McGahee after a few years. i agree. That guy should have no business trying to recruit his guys strictly to his hometown team. :shakeno:

Samphin1
03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
It is just posturing by Drew and his brother. He uses Miami for everything. In fact, when news broke that Burress signed with Drew, a poster asked how longit owuld be before the inevitable soundbite, " Plaxico wants to play for Miami."

Drew will take his client to any team that will pay the most really. If it were to happen though and somehow both players ended up in Miami, it would make us very potent ( assuming Feeley had time to throw ). An offense with Edge, McMike, Chambers, Burress and Booker on the field at the same time would be excellent.

Rob Konrad was cut, or will be in the next couple of days. Perhaps a sign that room is being cleared?

nolimit
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
It is just posturing by Drew and his brother. He uses Miami for everything. In fact, when news broke that Burress signed with Drew, a poster asked how longit owuld be before the inevitable soundbite, " Plaxico wants to play for Miami."

Drew will take his client to any team that will pay the most really. If it were to happen though and somehow both players ended up in Miami, it would make us very potent ( assuming Feeley had time to throw ). An offense with Edge, McMike, Chambers, Burress and Booker on the field at the same time would be excellent.

Rob Konrad was cut, or will be in the next couple of days. Perhaps a sign that room is being cleared?

How can you be potent when your QBs suck balls. i think your only hope at mediocrity lies in gus ferrotte

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2005, 03:03 PM
AJ Feeley...you ARE the weakest link! Good bye!

http://www.gameshowfame.com/graphics/anne_robinson.jpg

thebuffalobills4
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM
i don't see plax or the edge going to miami.one reason is
1 it will take up to much cap space.
2 theres no reason to bring in anouther wr,when you already have a good wr corps.thats just a waste of money.
3the edge wants to play with a team that has a good o-line.miami does not have a good o-line.
4the edge proably wants to much money that dophins could not tangle with. :peace:

Jersey1031
03-14-2005, 04:34 PM

definitley truu...especially to miami!

feelthepain
03-14-2005, 06:21 PM
How can you be potent when your QBs suck balls. i think your only hope at mediocrity lies in gus ferrotte

Yeah, and your rookie is the next Joe Montana. Lets try to remember DW is no longer a Dolphin. I know you wish he were, but he's not. If you know anything about football you would know, no QB in the league would look good if their top 3 RB quit and had DW was their HC. We will not be signing either Burress or James. This rumor is just that, a rumor nothing more.

nolimit
03-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah, and your rookie is the next Joe Montana. Lets try to remember DW is no longer a Dolphin. I know you wish he were, but he's not. If you know anything about football you would know, no QB in the league would look good if their top 3 RB quit and had DW was their HC. We will not be signing either Burress or James. This rumor is just that, a rumor nothing more.

He's gthe next Brett Favre not Joe Montana! Get a freakin clue! :nono:

G. Host
03-14-2005, 07:43 PM

Yes and Willis will be going there in three years unless he is tagged.

Typ0
03-14-2005, 07:51 PM

I have to admit ... last offseason with the dull fins keeping DW and then RW deciding he was better off smoking a fatty than playing NFL football was pretty hillarious. I have no idea why you kept DW down there so long...there were some good teams wasted for sure.

Nublar7
03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Edge to Miami? No, Saban will draft either Benson or Brown at #2

Plaxico to Miami? 50/50 chance. If he really wants to play for Saban, something might get down.

Slim
03-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Edge to Miami? No, Saban will draft either Benson or Brown at #2

Plaxico to Miami? 50/50 chance. If he really wants to play for Saban, something might get down.

O.K so u get Plaxico, who's throw him a pass he actually has a chance of grabbing?

feelthepain
03-14-2005, 09:54 PM
O.K so u get Plaxico, who's throw him a pass he actually has a chance of grabbing?Ya know your team didn't make the playoffs the last few years, I guess you won't make the playoffs this year....if you use the same logic that you just used with our QB sittuation! AJ played one season for us under one of the worst HC in the league don't you think DW's philosophy had something to do with AJ's performance? Most of You guy's think your rookie will take you to the next level without any experience but AJ stinks?!?!?!?!? Your just being bias. Just because this is a Bills site doesn't mean lack of football knowledge is acceptable.

nolimit
03-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Just because this is a Bills site doesn't mean lack of football knowledge is acceptable.

Your right, so maybe u should think about leavin. BTW, your head coach isnt exactly proven in the pro game. What makes u so sure saban will be better than wanny. Is it cuz your buying into the hype. Please reference Spurrier!

Slim
03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Ya know your team didn't make the playoffs the last few years, I guess you won't make the playoffs this year....if you use the same logic that you just used with our QB sittuation! AJ played one season for us under one of the worst HC in the league don't you think DW's philosophy had something to do with AJ's performance? Most of You guy's think your rookie will take you to the next level without any experience but AJ stinks?!?!?!?!? Your just being bias. Just because this is a Bills site doesn't mean lack of football knowledge is acceptable.

We have a proven running game that can take the pressure off J.P. The phins have nothing at R.B thats even remotly clsoe to proven. We have better WR's which will help J.P. get introduced to the speed of the NFL.

O lack of knowledge im a f'in bills fan and i probly no more about the dolphins then you do, your just another frustated dolphins fan thats been P.M.S ing the last few years cuse of how poor your team is. ill have fun watching the bills rape the dolphins then we'll see whos proven at QB and we'll also see who just got proved wrong.

B***H!

feelthepain
03-14-2005, 10:17 PM
Your right, so maybe u should think about leavin. BTW, your head coach isnt exactly proven in the pro game. What makes u so sure saban will be better than wanny. Is it cuz your buying into the hype. Please reference Spurrier!

Saban has coached at the pro level he took the Browns from the worst D to the best D in th 90's with BB, he has also won at every level he's coached I think he has the ability, why is it unless fans say the Bills are great you don't want to hear what they have to say? Thats like a little kid attitude. Why can't you accept the fact that everyone that posts here doesn't love the Bills? Bills fans post on fins sites and they don't get treated like crap because they don't agree with everything fin fans say. All I've done is defend my team from posts that were made purley out of hate, and nothing more.

feelthepain
03-14-2005, 10:18 PM
B***H!
This would get you ban on a fin site, no matter who you were talking to.

feelthepain
03-14-2005, 10:41 PM
We have a proven running game that can take the pressure off J.P. The phins have nothing at R.B thats even remotly clsoe to proven. We have better WR's which will help J.P. get introduced to the speed of the NFL.

O lack of knowledge im a f'in bills fan and i probly no more about the dolphins then you do, your just another frustated dolphins fan thats been P.M.S ing the last few years cuse of how poor your team is. ill have fun watching the bills rape the dolphins then we'll see whos proven at QB and we'll also see who just got proved wrong.

B***H!How is your running game proven? You lost your starting LT and have done nothing to replace him. Your O-line needs more help then Miami's. Your starting a rookie QB in a tough division. I think finishing with the same record as last year will be tough for you guy's like it or not.

You do not, and will never, know more about the fins then me as I will never know as much as you about the Bills. I do know what the Bills have right now and I know the opp. they will play. I can not predict where they will finish anymore then you, but when your realistic the fact is both teams should be at or just over 500. next year and NE and the Jets will finish above both the Bills and Fins that is honestly the most realistic outcome.
The one thing thats different between your post and mine is I'm not a Bill fan and I post with respect and this a forum is for debate not insults like the one you ended your post with. In other words I represent this site with respect and dignity and you show immaturity and hate...why?

mysticsoto
03-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Saban has coached at the pro level he took the Browns from the worst D to the best D in th 90's with BB, he has also won at every level he's coached I think he has the ability, why is it unless fans say the Bills are great you don't want to hear what they have to say? Thats like a little kid attitude. Why can't you accept the fact that everyone that posts here doesn't love the Bills? Bills fans post on fins sites and they don't get treated like crap because they don't agree with everything fin fans say. All I've done is defend my team from posts that were made purley out of hate, and nothing more.
I didn't think your iterim coach there...Jim Bates, was bad at all. I was a little surprised they didn't give him the position.

And in truth, I felt like Jay Fiedler was a better QB than Feeley. Feeley never did anything to impress me and I'm always baffled as to why Miami wanted him so bad to begin with??? Yes, Fiedler could be inconsistent, but Feeley always seemed ever moreso...

NJFINSFAN1
03-15-2005, 08:52 AM
I didn't think your iterim coach there...Jim Bates, was bad at all. I was a little surprised they didn't give him the position.

And in truth, I felt like Jay Fiedler was a better QB than Feeley. Feeley never did anything to impress me and I'm always baffled as to why Miami wanted him so bad to begin with??? Yes, Fiedler could be inconsistent, but Feeley always seemed ever moreso...
I like Bates also, but can't blame Wayne for starting a new! I wanted Childress, but can't complain one bit with what Saban is doing, I'm really pumped about the season.

I agree with you Fiedler/Feeley points.