• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Plax and Edge to Miami?

I just heard on ESPN Radio's Sportscenter that agent Drew Rosenhaus is actively trying to complete deals which would land both players in Miami.

developing...

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• NJFINSFAN1
    NJ In The House
    • Nov 2004

I don't think James comes, he would be worth to much money. Burress played with Saban at Mich St, so maybe a 1 year deal for him.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Agent with an agenda to funnel players to particular team is wrong

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
        developing...
        Thank you, Matt D.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
          Thank you, Matt D.
          I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Does Miami have enough cap room to get Edge and Burress?

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
              NJ In The House
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              Does Miami have enough cap room to get Edge and Burress?
              Clumpy would be better to ask this too, but I would say no for James without some cuts, he wants a 5 or 6 year deal and big money. I'm hearing Plex may sign a 1 year smaller deal, so he can become a FA next year, so if this happens, I think we fit him in.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

This is good news because then Rosenhaus can't try and use Miami as a crutch when McGahee's contract comes up.

Comment

• Spielmanrules54
                  • Mar 2005

Does Miami really need Burress??? Receiver is one of the areas they're pretty good.... Chambers and Booker are good starters.... They could definitely use James though... their running back situation is horrid.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                    NJ In The House
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Spielmanrules54
                    Does Miami really need Burress??? Receiver is one of the areas they're pretty good.... Chambers and Booker are good starters.... They could definitely use James though... their running back situation is horrid.
                    Burress would fit in with Linehan's offense, he sets up the run with the pass. he uses the one back offense, so if you can lineup McMike at TE, Chambers, Booker and Plex at Wr, that would really open things up.

The one problem I still feel we have, is who throws it to them?? I'm far from sold on Feeley, and it looks like Frerotte may end up with the Bronco's.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      Agent with an agenda to funnel players to particular team is wrong
                      Just imagine how bad he'll be with Willis McGahee after a few years. i agree. That guy should have no business trying to recruit his guys strictly to his hometown team.

Comment

• Samphin1
                        • Mar 2004

It is just posturing by Drew and his brother. He uses Miami for everything. In fact, when news broke that Burress signed with Drew, a poster asked how longit owuld be before the inevitable soundbite, " Plaxico wants to play for Miami."

Drew will take his client to any team that will pay the most really. If it were to happen though and somehow both players ended up in Miami, it would make us very potent ( assuming Feeley had time to throw ). An offense with Edge, McMike, Chambers, Burress and Booker on the field at the same time would be excellent.

Rob Konrad was cut, or will be in the next couple of days. Perhaps a sign that room is being cleared?

Comment

• nolimit
                          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
                          It is just posturing by Drew and his brother. He uses Miami for everything. In fact, when news broke that Burress signed with Drew, a poster asked how longit owuld be before the inevitable soundbite, " Plaxico wants to play for Miami."

Drew will take his client to any team that will pay the most really. If it were to happen though and somehow both players ended up in Miami, it would make us very potent ( assuming Feeley had time to throw ). An offense with Edge, McMike, Chambers, Burress and Booker on the field at the same time would be excellent.

Rob Konrad was cut, or will be in the next couple of days. Perhaps a sign that room is being cleared?
                          How can you be potent when your QBs suck balls. i think your only hope at mediocrity lies in gus ferrotte

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

AJ Feeley...you ARE the weakest link! Good bye!

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                              • Aug 2004

i don't see plax or the edge going to miami.one reason is
                              1 it will take up to much cap space.
                              2 theres no reason to bring in anouther wr,when you already have a good wr corps.thats just a waste of money.
                              3the edge wants to play with a team that has a good o-line.miami does not have a good o-line.
                              4the edge proably wants to much money that dophins could not tangle with.
                              :oldskool:
                              micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

Working...
                              X