• Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

LB Depth

Texans | Foreman Cut - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:54:27 -0800

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released LB Jay Foreman. Foreman will count $1.32 million against the 2005 salary cap, but considering he was scheduled for a $2.21 million cap hit, the move will save the Texans $890,000.

I would absolutly take this guy back, possibly to challenge Posey...but will he come back after being traded for an awful "kick returner" (Charlie Rogers)
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Carlton Bailey

He's a good player. I'd love to add him back to our roster as a cheap option for depth. I remember he left on bad terms though. He vowed revenge on the team or something like that.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I would love him to come back. He was a pretty good player for the Texans and for Buffalo. I think it would be a pretty interesting competition for the starting OLB job alongside Fletcher and Spikes.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

If our defense was a 3-4, I would want Foreman back here starting. However, a 4-3 and he's better off coming off of the bench in certain situations. He definitely proved himself to be a solid player in Houston.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
          If our defense was a 3-4, I would want Foreman back here starting. However, a 4-3 and he's better off coming off of the bench in certain situations. He definitely proved himself to be a solid player in Houston.
          Exactly what I was thinking....why would Houston let him walk???
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

I don't want him back. He will not start and he is a poor special teamer compared to the back-ups that we have now.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
              Exactly what I was thinking....why would Houston let him walk???
              Houston let Forman go because he does not make alot of plays - they are looking to get some playmakers at LB. I believe they have already cut, or are going to cut Jamie Sharper as well.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                Houston let Forman go because he does not make alot of plays - they are looking to get some playmakers at LB. I believe they have already cut, or are going to cut Jamie Sharper as well.
                Has Sharper been playing poorly in Houston for long? Maybe he would be better off in a 4-3 again
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                  How many plays does Posey make for us now??? I'd consider Foreman a much better run stopper, and that assurance will be needed with the loss of big pat
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

How many plays does Posey make for us now??? I'd consider Foreman a much better run stopper, and that assurance will be needed with the loss of big pat
                    I never said Posey was better then Foreman.

That said, I would not consider him an upgrade. Remember, Foreman put up numbers in the same defense as Posey prior to joining the Bills. Posey was more of a pass rusher in Houston where as Foreman is more of a stay at home tackle the ball carrier type. Posey does have a little more versatility.

Comment

• Jersey1031
                      • Feb 2003

I would absolutly take this guy back, possibly to challenge Posey...but will he come back after being traded for an awful "kick returner" (Charlie Rogers)

dont hate on charlie, i know him he went to my high school...hah, he really didnt play for us like he used to when he was a seahawk but whatever...

id definitley take foreman back for some LB depth...
                      "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        Has Sharper been playing poorly in Houston for long? Maybe he would be better off in a 4-3 again
                        I only saw one game that the Texans played last season, but I don't think that J.Sharper played that badly. I had him on my FFL team and his numbers were pretty good and pretty consistent--not quite as good as L.Fletcher's, but much better than Foreman's. He logged more tackles and assists than a lot of pretty good LBs.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where, but it was shortly after Greenwood signed with Houston) that the reason that the Texans might have to cut Sharper and/or Foreman was related to the salary cap and the fact that they signed M.Greenwood to a big contract to play on the inside. The article questioned the wisdom of this, based on Greenwood's size and lack of experience playing in the middle, and, if I recall correctly, mentioned that J.Sharper was due a bonus payment soon that, if not renegotiated, might lead to his release.

If the Texans do cut J.Sharper, I think it would be more related to his cap numbers than to his performance on the field.
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                        X