PDA

View Full Version : LB Depth

Italian Stallion
03-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Texans | Foreman Cut - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:54:27 -0800

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have released LB Jay Foreman. Foreman will count $1.32 million against the 2005 salary cap, but considering he was scheduled for a $2.21 million cap hit, the move will save the Texans $890,000.

I would absolutly take this guy back, possibly to challenge Posey...but will he come back after being traded for an awful "kick returner" (Charlie Rogers)

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 02:42 PM
He's a good player. I'd love to add him back to our roster as a cheap option for depth. I remember he left on bad terms though. He vowed revenge on the team or something like that.

Michael82
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I would love him to come back. He was a pretty good player for the Texans and for Buffalo. I think it would be a pretty interesting competition for the starting OLB job alongside Fletcher and Spikes.

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2005, 02:46 PM
If our defense was a 3-4, I would want Foreman back here starting. However, a 4-3 and he's better off coming off of the bench in certain situations. He definitely proved himself to be a solid player in Houston.

Italian Stallion
03-14-2005, 03:01 PM
If our defense was a 3-4, I would want Foreman back here starting. However, a 4-3 and he's better off coming off of the bench in certain situations. He definitely proved himself to be a solid player in Houston.

Exactly what I was thinking....why would Houston let him walk??? :loser:

John Doe
03-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't want him back. He will not start and he is a poor special teamer compared to the back-ups that we have now.

EDS
03-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Exactly what I was thinking....why would Houston let him walk??? :loser:

Houston let Forman go because he does not make alot of plays - they are looking to get some playmakers at LB. I believe they have already cut, or are going to cut Jamie Sharper as well.

The_Philster
03-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Houston let Forman go because he does not make alot of plays - they are looking to get some playmakers at LB. I believe they have already cut, or are going to cut Jamie Sharper as well.

:jawdrop: Has Sharper been playing poorly in Houston for long? Maybe he would be better off in a 4-3 again :scratch:

Italian Stallion
03-14-2005, 04:13 PM

How many plays does Posey make for us now??? I'd consider Foreman a much better run stopper, and that assurance will be needed with the loss of big pat

EDS
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
How many plays does Posey make for us now??? I'd consider Foreman a much better run stopper, and that assurance will be needed with the loss of big pat

I never said Posey was better then Foreman.

That said, I would not consider him an upgrade. Remember, Foreman put up numbers in the same defense as Posey prior to joining the Bills. Posey was more of a pass rusher in Houston where as Foreman is more of a stay at home tackle the ball carrier type. Posey does have a little more versatility.

Jersey1031
03-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I would absolutly take this guy back, possibly to challenge Posey...but will he come back after being traded for an awful "kick returner" (Charlie Rogers)

dont hate on charlie, i know him he went to my high school...hah, he really didnt play for us like he used to when he was a seahawk but whatever...

id definitley take foreman back for some LB depth...

LifetimeBillsFan
03-14-2005, 06:48 PM
:jawdrop: Has Sharper been playing poorly in Houston for long? Maybe he would be better off in a 4-3 again :scratch:
I only saw one game that the Texans played last season, but I don't think that J.Sharper played that badly. I had him on my FFL team and his numbers were pretty good and pretty consistent--not quite as good as L.Fletcher's, but much better than Foreman's. He logged more tackles and assists than a lot of pretty good LBs.

I read somewhere (I can't remember where, but it was shortly after Greenwood signed with Houston) that the reason that the Texans might have to cut Sharper and/or Foreman was related to the salary cap and the fact that they signed M.Greenwood to a big contract to play on the inside. The article questioned the wisdom of this, based on Greenwood's size and lack of experience playing in the middle, and, if I recall correctly, mentioned that J.Sharper was due a bonus payment soon that, if not renegotiated, might lead to his release.

If the Texans do cut J.Sharper, I think it would be more related to his cap numbers than to his performance on the field.