X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Lindell is staying.. get used to it.

Bryan Ault (Alexandria, VA): As fans, we do not have a lot of confidence in Rian Lindell's distance and we think he puts additional pressure on the offense to get closer late in close games. How do you intend to address the kicking situation in the off-season? Thanks for your time.
    TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • regor
    • Jul 2002

looks like Eb is gonna be owing me some zonebucks

Comment

• Iehoshua
      • Jan 2003

I hope TD's right.. I agree to an extent about his improvement but I felt the staff didn't have much confidence to begin with in his abilities...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

He sucks.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

I agree that he improved, but god, he has no longe range capabilities and he scares me in the clutch.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Lindell is staying.. get used to it.

get used to what? Losing more games by 3 points this season.
            what about Pochman? you know the guy in europe.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Don't ever believe what a GM says before the draft. Here's reading between the lines:

TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. (We can't wait until we find a guy to replace that bum)
              Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. (We sould have cut him after 2003. Drew also improved in 2004 compared to 2003 & we canned him the 1st day we could)
              He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. (The staff had so little confidence in him they wouldn't let him try anything too long so his stats look good, but 2 of those 4 misses were chip shots that cost us 2 games)
              He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. (The opponent saw we had called time out so didn't bother to defend the kicks. Ryan felt no pressure & sailed them through, something he never does when it really matters)
              Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker. (He'll be taking a step out the door if Mike Nugent is available when we draft in the 2nd round)

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

No way I see TD taking a kicker that high...

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

I don't either. Lindell is alright...not a game-changer, but not awful.

We have other positions to address in the draft.

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Jersey1031
                    • Feb 2003

lindell's a bum and i didnt think we'd cut him anyway as much as i wanted them to...
                    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

damn, that's my question!!! I'm surprised he answered it
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i cant believe people are still thinking that he would draft nugent..

we have no LT, no LG, our center and RG are both in their 30s.. we need a 3rd wr.. and some cornerbacks, since we dont have any signed right now for 2006.

yeah.. we need to take a kicker in the 2nd round. unbelievable.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

June 2nd- With this ESPNEWS update, I'm Brian Kenny. The Buffalo Bills are among the teams making news in the NFL today. They have released their current Kicker Rian Lindell and have signed newly released Kicker, Mike Vanderjagt. Vanderjagt is the most accurate kicker in NFL history.

** How awesome would that be.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            i cant believe people are still thinking that he would draft nugent..

we have no LT, no LG, our center and RG are both in their 30s.. we need a 3rd wr.. and some cornerbacks, since we dont have any signed right now for 2006.

yeah.. we need to take a kicker in the 2nd round. unbelievable.
                            Some people just don't think long term.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

it is not even about thinking long term.. the arguement has been debated over and over..

drafting day one kickers provides no guarentee of anything.. and the leagues best kickers are all guys who were undrafted.. while the day one guys are both average to good but nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                              X